Chapter 1

Daydreaming

Hey guys, hope you like this little two-shot

 I wrote this rather quickly, on my phone, while I was on the tram, so…forgive any mistakes please hahaha

And if you know the show Steven universe, you’ll understand it a little bit better, but if you don’t…well everything there is to know to get the reference is explain so, just enjoy!


The loud metallic sound of the tracks, announcing the arrival of the next train, brought Jaebum back to Earth.

He has this tendency to keep daydreaming, especially when he had his earphones on, and sometimes he would miss his train (and even the next one). But today was an important day, and he could not be late.

The young boy turned the volume of his Smartphone up, as he enters the wagon. He was waiting at Yongmassan station for 20 minutes; eager to take the train that would take him to the future he dreamt all of his life.

“Well, only to Taereung station, and then another one to the bright future” Thought the korean boy as he sat on one of the free seats.

At this time of the day the train was almost empty, so the wagon was in complete silence. He liked that.

Jaebum search all over his playlist, searching for that one special song that would pump him up and get him ready for what was coming, once he found exactly what he was looking for, he pressed play and let his imagination take the wheel.

Today was an important day for him. He finally made it, he was so close to achieving his dream he almost couldn’t believe it. In fact he didn’t, and tried to wake up from this perfect dream by slapping his own face. But it wasn’t a dream.

At five in the afternoon yesterday, while he was taking a nap, he received a very important call. They were giving him a chance, but only one, to go and audition for the leading role in a new show. He had already tried for the role, but was rejected as an already famous singer was chosen to play the part. Now that the other guy failed them, they needed someone to replace him, and they needed it soon.

Jaebum was not upset about being a second plate, he just wanted a chance and they were giving it to him, so he just said “thank you” very calmly, and once the call was over he started practicing the lines again, even if he already knew then by heart.

The only problem was that he was so nervous that couldn’t sleep, so he ended up waking up late this morning.

“You are a ing genius Im Jaebum, how could you forget to put on an alarm?” He cursed mentally.

Letting out a sigh, the boy opened his eyes for the first time since he sat down.

Sitting in front of him was a young man, probably his same age, but dressed up like a classy business man with his neat suit and a blue tie, which made him self-conscious of his ripped jeans and plain light red shirt, feeling almost as he was not worth enough to be in the presence of that man.

 The man had his eyes closed too, and looked tired but beautiful at the same time. He was also listening to music, probably some jazz or soft relaxing sounds of the ocean, thought Jaebum judging by the man`s peaceful aura.

 The boy found himself inspecting the other man thoroughly, trying to guess where was he going at this time of the day, or what did he do for a living. He liked doing that with random strangers, he liked fantasizing about their lives, making up stories in his head. Sometimes he even matched the stories to the songs playing in his ears.

“He is single, probably spends all day working…what a waste” Thought Jaebum looking at the other male’s fingers.

Taking a closer look at the man’s face, Jaebum thought that in fact, that man was weirdly pretty, not handsome but pretty. The man had plump lips, smooth and pale skin, and black silky hair.  He still could not figure out how, someone who looked so young and delicate could be working in something that demands him to dress like that.

“He should be a model, or better yet, a prince” Jaebum smiled at his own thought, and started imagining the young man, dress in a shining armour, fighting to protect his kingdom, which was a big weight on his shoulders, so big he didn’t have time for love or friends.

“Hmmm something’s not right, that’s not your story…You are too perfect to be from this planet” And with that thought in mind, Jaebum quickly went through his phone in search of the perfect song, and he found it.

It was a rock cover of the intro for a TV show called Steven universe.

Jaebum knew some people might think it was childish of him to see those kinds of shows, but he didn’t really care. He always considered himself a little bit geeky, even if his one true passion was acting and dancing. He would always find some time to relax on the couch and watch every show he could, and so, most of the songs he listened to were taken straight out of those shows.

As the melody made its way into his ears, the boy found himself looking straight at the other’s face again, trying to figure out with kind of weapon would he use to defend the planet, and what character would fit him the most.

“You are sapphire, that’s for sure” He almost laughed at his own thought. He always thought of himself as Ruby, still searching for his other half, and now he found his own Sapphire.

In fact, he would have laughed, if it wasn’t for the warm, dark eyes looking directly into his soul, taking him out of his dreams, and leaving him breathless.

The man was looking straight at him, with curiosity in his eyes. Jaebum could feel his cheeks turn red as he knew the man caught him staring. And he turned even redder when the other man smiled at him, with made his eyes almost disappear as a bunch of wrinkles formed in their corners. It made him look even younger and sweeter somehow.

The man suddenly stood up, looking away from Jaebum and made his way quickly to the door.

“What a pity, I should have made a move, now I lost my sapphire”

Jaebum looked as the man went out the door, just in time to realize they were already in Taererung.

The boy stood up and ran through the doors just as they were about to close. He took a second to catch his breath before looking around to find the line he was supposed to take.

 He found it easily, as it was in the same direction his sapphire went running. Jaebum took a moment to laugh at his own luck, until he realized he was late to his audition already.

He really needs to stop daydreaming.


I’ll try to post Jinyoung P.O.V soon, hope you liked this…thing that came into my mind today!

I didn’t have time to check for mistakes. In fact if someone is interested in proofreading my stories, please tell me, because I would be really grateful