put it down!

seventeen oneshots

title: put it down!
pairing(s): seokmin x jisoo
warnings: idiots. idiots everywhere.
genre(s): not so sure
words: 846
summary: seokmin finds a gun and jisoo hopes for a low death count.
inspiration: my friend wanted a jisoo X seokmin fanfic (seoksoo???) so i wrote one. inspired by a tumblr post, though i don't remember which one.

 

"Jisoo!"

Jisoo perks up at the sound of his name being called, quite loudly too (which is all kinds of annoying).

"You will never believe what I found!" Seokmin comes running into Jisoo's bedroom. The latter falls out of bed, and onto the floor. While it isn't incredible early in the morning, it isn't really afternoon yet. And Jisoo, who loves eating and sleeping, woke up only a few minutes ago. Seokmin's loud and overly excited voice is not always something you want to hear when you first wake up.

"Considering you found it," Jisoo begins, "I don't think I'll be too surprised with what it turns out to be." He yawns, then looks up at his best friend. "Go ahead and tell me."

"Maybe you should guess first," Seokmin suggests in a teasing tone.

"And maybe I shouldn't," Jisoo responds quickly, deciding that even though it's now 11:27am, it's too early to guess anything.

Seokmin, never one to argue (this is actually very untrue as Seokmin will argue with Jisoo over every little thing; but that's for another time), decides to just come right out and tell Jisoo what he's 'found.'

"Okay, now don't freak out," Seokmin grows excited (as if he wasn't already excited enough). Uh oh. This can't be good. Seokmin begins to pull something from behind his back. "Look Jisoo! It's a gun."

Jisoo smiles. Really now? A gun? Wow. Jisoo hasn't had a dream this weird since he was around twelve years old, what with the floating cows and the -- now is not the time. Jisoo laughs to himself.

"Very funny Jisoo," he mutters to himself. "Time to wake up now." But after a few seconds, and the image of Seokmin holding a gun in front of his face is still there, Jisoo begins to get worried. He pinches himself, this must be a dream. It has to be! He feels the pinch so he tries again. The pinch is once again felt (and it hurts like heck!). That's when reality hits him. This isn't a dream. This is real. His best friend is really standing in front of him, with a giant grin, holding a gun. This is actually happening right now.

Jisoo freaks.

"Seokmin," his throat is dry, "that isn't a real gun is it? That's a fake gun right? You know, a gun that isn't real? It's fake right? Please tell me it's fake!"

Seokmin thinks for a few seconds, "Well I don't really know."

"I'm pretty sure you'd be able to tell the difference," Jisoo swallows.

"Well it's not like I've ever been exposed to a real or fake gun before," comes Seokmin's response. "So I can only assume this is real." Great. Just wonderful.

If it wasn't bad enough that Seokmin had even thought bringing a gun inside of Jisoo's house was okay, it's even worse now because Seokmin doesn't know what a real genuine gun looks like. And Jisoo doesn't either. So for now, like Seokmin said, they can only assume it's real. And that makes this situation ten times scarier to Jisoo who just wants to go back to sleep (or cry while playing his beloved guitar).

To most people, Jisoo comes off as a calm and easygoing individual. However, most people are misinformed. So most people would assume that in this situation Jisoo would keep his calm persona. But once again, most people are misinformed. It doesn't take long before Jisoo finds himself running around the bedroom, screaming about looking up gun safety and things of the like.

"Seokmin I need you to put that thing down," Jisoo yells as he runs to his laptop (probably to look up the difference between a real gun and a fake one (though it must be pretty obvious)).

Instead of doing what was requested, Seokmin turns around with gun still in hand. "But imagine how much fun we could have," Seokmin smiles.

"No!" Jisoo screeches (yes, screeches, we've reached that point of fear). "No fun. No no. Bad. That's bad. Put the gun down. Before one of us - probably me because that's a gun and you're pointing it directly at me, Seokmin what are you doing?! Before one of us gets hurt! Put it down!"

At this point, Jisoo is past trying to stay calm (although, did he ever really try?). He's reached the lowest level of sanity physically possible without going completely mental. Meanwhile Seokmin is just laughing with a gun in his hands, as if this is some kind of joke.

Oh wait.

Jisoo takes a few deep breaths. He opens his laptop, and checks the date. No wonder. It's April 1st. Of course it is!

Jisoo turns back around quickly and looks Seokmin right in the eye. "I am going to murder you Lee Seokmin!" Jisoo yells, pitch rising with each word.

Seokmin is still laughing. Just wait until the rest hear about this! At this point, Jisoo wants the gun to be real. If only to murder his poor excuse of a best friend (and maybe Soonyoung too, he's a problem).

 

a/n: what should i write next....hmm.....