saturday night brawl

seventeen oneshots

title: saturday night brawl
pairing(s): soonseok, meanie (minor)
warnings: none
genre(s): comedy i hope
words: 984
summary: soonseok invites their friends over for a friendly game of go fish. it isn't long before things turn...not so friendly...
inspiration: just got back from an intense game of go fish this was necessary

"Soonyoung," Seokmin turns to his boyfriend of three years.

"Seokmin," Soonyoung looks back, smiling.

"Do you have any," Seokmin trails off, thinking and looking at his cards. "Threes?"

Soonyoung's smile is unwavering. He winks at Seokmin before uttering the dreaded words, "Go fish."

Seokmin groans, but he complies. Come on. Even he plays by the rules.

Mingyu, who is seated right next to Seokmin, reaches over and gives him a pat on the back. "It's okay man. Maybe next round."

"You're conversing with the enemy!" Wonwoo, Mingyu's boyfriend, exclaims. "That's low Mingyu. Even for you."

Mingyu looks at Wonwoo in playful annoyance. "There are no teams Wonwoo. Technically you are the enemy too."

Wonwoo gasps. "I suppose you're right." He glares at his boyfriend, and turns instead to Soonyoung. "Your turn."

"Mingyu," Soonyoung points. "Do you have any twos?"

Mingyu's eye twitches. "Why yes. Indeed I do."

Soonyoung smirks. "Hand it over mister." He sticks his hand out.

Mingyu rolls his eyes, muttering a "here" combined with a few choice words.

Looking at the pile, Wonwoo concludes, "Soonyoung is winning."

"Not for long!" Mingyu yells. "It's my turn now. Seokmin! Give me your three!"

A high pitched wail escapes Seokmin's lips. "Mingyu how could you? I thought you were better than that!"

Mingyu chuckles. "All is fair in love and war my friend."

"Oh come on!" Soonyoung jumps in. "Stop hanging around Jisoo so much, the intelligent phrases aren't helping your case at all!"

Mingyu sticks his tongue out at his older best friend. "Seokmin, my three."

"Seokmin, my three," Seokmin mocks, handing over his three.

"And now it's my turn," Wonwoo announces. Without looking up from his cards he says, "Mingyu I'll take that four."

Mingyu stares at his boyfriend with wide eyes. "How did you know I had a four?" he asks incredulously.

Wonwoo looks up at him, seemingly innocent. "I didn't."

"That," Mingyu sighs, "is unfair." He hands over his four.

Wonwoo accepts it with a smile. "All is fair in love and war Mingyu."

Seokmin rolls his eyes. "Soonyoung, any eights?"

"Go fish," Soonyoung smiles.

"You're lying!" Seokmin yells.

"Am not!" Soonyoung yells back.

"Soonyoung I can see your cards!" Seokmin screams.

Soonyoung gasps. "That's all kinds of cheating you turd!"

"Turd?" Mingyu asks, stepping into the argument. "Maybe it's you who should stop hanging around Jisoo so much! His bad insults are rubbing off on you."

"Stay out of this," Soonyoung growls. Mingyu's eyes widen for a second and he nods, deciding that the smart thing would be to stay out of it.

"Well you're cheating too!" Seokmin continues arguing. "Just give me the eight!"

"Over my dead body," Soonyoung says, over enunciating each word.

"Is that so?" Seokmin asks, putting his cards face down on the floor. "Because I can assure, you will be dead soon." Seokmin jumps and attacks Soonyoung. Soonyoung screeches and tries to push his boyfriend away.

"Mingyu help me!" Soonyoung pleads.

Mingyu looks at Wonwoo. "Should we help?"

Wonwoo shrugs. "Nah. That looks like a Soonyoung problem. Not a Mingyu or Wonwoo problem."

"Not a meanie problem," Mingyu nods.

"Yup," Wonwoo agrees. He looks back at his two best friends rolling around on the floor. "Not a meanie problem."

"Please," Soonyoung begs, now being pinned down by Seokmin. "I beg of you. Help me!"

"Shut up and give me my eight!" Seokmin yells. By now, Soonyoung was on the floor, arms pinned down, with Seokmin on top of him.

Soonyoung just loves to tempt fate though. "Never," he smirks.

Seokmin laughs. "Seriously?" He moves closer. "Just give me my eight."

Wonwoo looks at Mingyu nervously. "Should we, I don't know, give them some space?"

"That's probably a good idea," Mingyu agrees. "But I'm very entertained right now."

"Am I not entertaining enough for you?" Wonwoo asks loudly. "Am I not good enough for you?"

Mingyu gapes at his boyfriend. "No Wonwoo you're perfect."

"Nobody is perfect!" Soonyoung yells from the other side of the room, still under Seokmin.

"Shut up and give me my eight!" Seokmin yells.

"The answer is no," Soonyoung smiles.

"I'm not perfect," Wonwoo says quietly.

Mingyu hears, and he makes his way over to his boyfriend. "Wonwoo you're amazing."

"But not perfect," he sighs.

"To me," Mingyu puts a hand on his heart, "you are the most perfect being out there."

"Ew that's so cheesy," Wonwoo laughs, punching Mingyu.

"But it's true," Mingyu laughs with Wonwoo.

"Thank you," Wonwoo gives Mingyu a giant hug.

"Anytime," Mingyu smiles.

Meanwhile, the Soonseok couple is still battling it out on the floor.

"If you don't give me that eight, I'm going to do something!" Seokmin threatens.

"Oh really?" Soonyoung asks, not scared at all. "And what would that be?"

Seokmin lets go of Soonyoung's arms and he moves his hands to Soonyoung's chest.

It doesn't take Soonyoung long to figure out what would happen next. "You wouldn't!"

"But I would," Seokmin smiles innocently. "Although, if you give me the eight--"

"Never!" Soonyoung is still adamant about his decision.

"Fine then."

Soonyoung braces himself for what's to come next. The next thing he knows, he's brought into a fit of laughter. Seokmin is tickling him, and he is merciless.

"Give me the eight!" Seokmin yells.

"N-no!" Soonyoung screams between laughs. "N-never!"

"Give it to me!" Seokmin yells. If he doesn't stop soon, well, let's just say that a mess will be made.

"F-fine!" Soonyoung surrenders. "T-take it! S-s-stop! Please!"

Seokmin stops suddenly. "Thank you." He moves away from Soonyoung, who is trying to catch his breath.

"Here, take it," Soonyoung passes the eight. "It's your's. You win."

The game continues on into the night. A minor fight broke out between Mingyu and Soonyoung, but other than that the game was fairly calm. Wonwoo is the winner, and he seems very proud of himself.

Next time, they're playing uno.

a/n: it's 99% dialogue whoops