Part II

Best of Friends? Lovers?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mingyu and Seulgi were having a dinner together at a very nice and sophisticated restaurant Mingyu had picked. He's always wanted to have a dinner date with Seulgi, his girlfriend. Three months had passed since the day that Seulgi accepted his confession and things were going smoothly. There was only one problem; Seulgi. She lived in Busan and so Mingyu wasn't really able to see her as often as he thought, especially since a tournament was coming up.

"You really can't live in Seoul?" Mingyu asked Seulgi, his eyes focused on his meal though. He was wearing a dashing black suit while Seulgi wore a sleeved sheath dress.

"Nope, I can't leave Grandpa and Grandma in Busan all by themselves, unless you wan-"

"Unless I marry you and live with you," Mingyu cut in, looking at his girlfriend with bright eyes.

"Yeah... that would be nice," Seulgi said, looking at him for a short while and continued with her dinner. Would she marry Mingyu? Yes, she would, no doubting that.

Mingyu then shoved one of his hands in the inside pocket of his blazer and felt the small box in there, a sigh of relief leaving his lips. Mingyu glanced at Seulgi again before inhaling a deep breath. He then abruptly pushed his chair back -grabbing Seulgi's attention- stood up, walked slowly over to where Seulgi wa and went down on one knee in front of her, making Seulgi choke on her food. The customers all in the restaurant looked to where Mingyu and Seulgi were. Seulgi quickly took her drink and gulped it down, soothing before looking back at Mingyu, there was this charming smile on his handsome face, his canine teeth showing, that was one of his charms that Seulgi really loved.

"Min-"

"Seulgi," he cut her off again, looking directly in her eyes that made Seulgi go sort of weak, those eyes were filled with love, the content smile and his love-struck eyes."Seulgi, we're been friends for eight years now and we've been dating for roughly two months," he said, Seulgi smiled at him. "I don't think we need to do all that dating stuff because I think that all those years we've been friends, we were already dating," a small laugh escaped Seulgi's lips. A few "aww's" were heard from the people in the restaurant. "So basically, we've been dating for eight years, long enough, right?" Seulgi nodded, agreeing with him. "And I think it;s time that I ask you; will you marry me?" he took out the box and opened the lid, displaying it in front of Seulgi.

"What if I say no?" Seulgi said cheekily, grinning from ear to ear.

"You won't because I know you will say yes, you even said it would be nice to get married with me and I'll live with you in Busan with my grandparents-in-law," Seulgi laughed shyly and Mingyu had an arched eyebrow.

"You got my answer right there, Mingyu," she told him. "Yes, I would love to share he rest of my life with you, Mingyu," she smiled at him and Mingyu took the ring from its socket and slid it into her finger, followed by a hug, Seulgi had to stand up. People around clapped for them, Mingyu couldn't help himself from smiling and only hugged her tighter before pulling away, kissing her forehead lovingly. Seulgi and Mingyu never really was the couple who shared kisses all the time all of a sudden for no reason, not in public and not even when they're together, they share hugs, hold hands, Mingyu gives her kisses but not on the lips. Both of them knew that. Seulgi didn't mind, she really liked how he always kisses her forehead and cheek, it resonated that he loves her and that he would protect her, that's what she always felt.

"Can I kiss you?" he asked quietly.

"Oh, now you wanna kiss me?" she arched a brow at him but Mingyu just rolled his eyes and gave her a sweet and tender kiss on her lips, both of them smiling.

-

"When did you prepare the ring, how did you even afford it?" Seulgi asked Mingyu, they were in Busan, at the beach.

"I'm rich, Seulgi," Seulgi snickered, nudging him at the side. "I used my savings, plus some money from the guys," he said to her.

"All of them gave you money?" Seulgi looked at him, wide eyed.

Mingyu nodded. "Yup, but you know, Jisoo told me that he was quite jealous," he smirked.

"What? Why?"

"He was jealous that I got to propose to you in such a shot matter of time and said that once he gets his won girls, he'll do what I did to you," Seulgi could only giggle before she looked at the ring inserted on her finger.

"It's beautiful, Mingyu," there was a small shinning diamond on the ring band.

"Like you?" Mingyu looked at her with a saccharine smile on his face that made Seulgi punch him on the arm instantly.

"Don't even start, Mingyu," she glared at him, trying to suppress her laugh.

"Whaaat? I'm just being honest here," he smiled at Seulgi and wrapped an arm around her shoulders, pulling her closer to him. "Say, when can I move in?"

"Are you seriously asking me that question?" she looked at him, their faces incredibly close, making Seulgi's heart race faster than normal. Mingyu nodded. "Anytime you want I guess, Grandma would be happy to hear that you've finally proposed to me, she's always been nagging at me about how you haven't proposed to me all this while," a soft smile made its way on her face and she turned her face away but Mingyu placed a hand on her cheek, making her look at him again, her cheeks were tinted pink.

"You're blushing," Mingyu said.

"I know," Seulgi straightly replied. "Because your face is so close to mine at the moment,"

Mingyu smirked and leaned in closer. "What about now?" Their noses touched.

"Isn't that obvious," Seulgi was very calm but on the inside, something completely different was happening.

"You're so calm but I know on the inside you're very nervous," he placed his hand on her neck, feeling her pulse, it was rapid. The Sun started to set.

Seulgi rolled her eyes. "What, do you expect me to stutter like some girls in cheesy romantic books? I don't stutter Mingyu," Mingyu only looked at her.

"You're cool like that Kang Seulgi," he told her and sealed the gap between them.

-

"Grandma? I'm home with Mingyu," the Sun just settled and it was almost d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter