Part I

Best of Friends? Lovers?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mingyu towered over the girl who was looking at him  with slint eyes, a smile on her face, Mingyu gave the girl the same treatment before they both laughed at the same time and he lifted Seulgi up, twirling her around in the hug.

"Mingyu! Hey!" Seulgi squealed with a laugh and Mingyu settled her down.

"I missed you, ya know," the printer spoke to her and Seulgi punched his shoulder in a friendly manner.

"Me too," said the songwriter. They were the best of friends, Mingyu and Seulgi, they first met each other in their junior year of high school and seven years later, they are still the best of friends. Mingyu was an athlete and Seulgi was an infamous songwriter.

"So, how have you been doing lately?" they had planned up to meet at the beach around midnight and were now lying on their stomachs, chins in their palms and looking at each other.

"Well, I guess? Still third place?" Seulgi teasingly said and laughed, Mingyu flicked her forehead.

"Still third place, I'll get to the top soon, real soon," Mingyu grinned and took Seulgi's hand in his before inspecting her hand, it was rough. "You look like you're been doing a lot of work," he commented.

"I have," she said and heaved a sigh. "Mum and Dad aren't here and I've been living with Grandpa and Grandma since a few months ago, always helping Grandpa in that garden of his and his farm and I have to help Grandma in the kitchen, the house and such, even Somin Unnie is so busy that she could only drop by once in a while, I'm so glad that I get to hand out with you tonight," Seulgi smiled sincerely at her best friend.

Mingyu let go of her hand. "Do they know that you're a songwriter?" Mingyu asked.

"Obviously, but Grandma's against it and says that I should get married and be a housewife instead because she thinks that I'm so diligent in helping her with housework all the time. " Seulgi giggled. "Even Somin Unnie isn't engaged yet,"

"She has a partner, doesn't she?" Mingyu said.

"Yup," Seulgi and Mingyu's friendship were where that they didn't message each other and only do it once in a blue moon, their friendship bond was strong and both of them trusted each other to their hearts' core.

"Say, Seulgi," Mingyu started after a few minutes of silence and looking at the stars after lying on their backs.

"Yeah?" Seulgi inched closer to Mingyu and rested her head in the crook of his neck.

"There's going to be this dinner party with all other athletes and like, I have to bring a date, be my date will ya?" Mingyu asked as he circled his arm around Seulgi's waist protectively.

"Sure, when is it?" Seulgi asked, slowly closing her lids.

"The day after tomorrow,

"Yeah, I'll be your date, I have to go back to the country the day after that though, Grandma and Grandpa needs me," Mingyu smiled and looked at Seulgi who was slowly going to sleep.

"I'll send you off," he only received a low hum from the girl. "Seulgi," no respond, Mingyu let out a shaky breath. "Maybe I can say this easily while you're asleep and you lull to sleep very easily. " the corners of his lips etched upwards a tiny bit. "I just want to say that I really love you, as a friend and as a woman, I've been dying to say that ever since we met, but at that time, you didn't seem to be romantically interested in me, I really love you Seulgi and I would do anything for you," it felt like a huge burden was lifted off Mingyu's shoulders, it felt so relieving to blurt out his feelings.

But Seulgi heard it all.

She wasn't a quick sleeper after all. Her eyes slowly fluttered open, her heart beating fast.

-

"Seulgi, Seulgi, wake up, it's literally three am right now," Mingyu said as he lightly shook Seulgi, trying to get her to wake up. He heard Seulgi's faint "hmm" and saw that her eyes slowly opened.

Seulgi checked her watch and her eyes widened in pure shock. "Oh my God! It's so late!" she cried and looked at Mingyu, a worried look on her face. "Why didn't you wake me up or something?!"

"You looked so peaceful sleeping, might as well not wake you up and the view above is amazing, Seulgi, take a look." The stars above were beautiful but Mingyu enjoyed looking at Seulgi sleeping, that was another beautiful view.

"Huh?" Seulgi could only frown at him for not concretely answering her question but still looked up and it took her breath away. There were so many stars shining, Seulgi always appreciated natural beautiful views like so. "It's amazing..." she breathed out and smiled.

"It is," Mingyu smiled. "Where are you staying though?" he asked. Seulgi had arrived right from Busan to the beach, she spent a few hours walking around the beach area before meeting up with Mingyu at the beach itself.

"Got no clue, can I stay at your place?"

"Sure, I'm living with a group of friends though, will that be alright?"

"Yeah, doesn't matter, they won't do anything to me... right?" Seulgi almost burst out laughing.

Mingyu snickered. "They won't, I'll make sure of that. Remember Wonwoo from high school and our group of friends?" Seulgi nodded. "Yeah, I'm staying with them,"

"Ahh, would be nice to see them again and check whether they even remember me..." Seulgi tittered. "Why did you move though? Particularly with them altogether?

"We set it up since graduation, saying that one day, all of us would live in one home, Seungcheol never let it go and eventually, it actually happened,"

"Woah... and I'm just living in the country with my grandparents... I love them though," Seulgi said with a small smile.

"Are you kidding me?! I barely get to see my parents! You're lucky that you live with you grandparents," Mingyu punched her shoulder, slightly laughing. "We should get going," Seulgi nodded and at that, the two of them made a move to when Mingyu and his friends resided.

-

"Thirteen boys?! Were there that many?!" Seulgi cried out when she found out how many boys were living in one house, including Mingyu, they arrived at the doorstep and Seulgi could hear that the house seemed to still be alive and awake. "Boys will be boys won't they?" Seulgi clicked her tongue, shaking her head at the same time.

"And you're best friends with one," Mingyu smugly said before opened the door, Seulgi grinned and followed behind him. "I'm home!" he said aloud and no one seemed to care about Mingyu. "With a girl!" he added loudly and everyone seemed to stop what they were doing and rushed footsteps were heard from all sides, that made Mingyu scoff. Seulgi whacked his head from the back but stayed standing behind Mingyu until she realized that his friends were crowding the duo from all sides.

"A girl?! You brought home a girl?!" some blonde haired guy closest to them shouted.

"Go read the bible Mingyu, for God's sake," Mingyu recognized that voice, it was Jisoo, the most religious and gentle one, his hair was dyed ginger/brown in colour, perks of being a model.

"Jisoo, it's me," Seulgi said and stepped out from behind Mingyu. Jisoo looked up from his disapproving posture and his eyes brightened before he enveloped Seulgi in a short hug.

"Seulgi! Wow, it's great to see you again!" he beamed and glared at Mingyu. "And please correct yourself Kim Mingyu, you brought to your place a friend, not a girl," he said sternly before turning to face Seulgi again. "Anyways, it's great to see you again," he patted her shoulder before stepping back away.

"You too," Seulgi smiled before turning to Mingyu, half glaring at him. "Yeah, Mingyu, listen to Jisoo,' she gave him another smack on the head.

Jisoo grinned. "You all should know her by now, don't you recognize her?" he said.

"Ah!" someone clapped his head, Seulgi recognized that it was Boo Seungkwan. "You're Kang Seulgi, right? I remember seeing you in heaps, like heaps of Mingyu's photos," he said, making Mingyu gulp a bit, Seulgi pressed her lips into a thin line.

"She was in our high school you Jeju-boy," and that, that was Wonwoo. Wonwoo came out from his spot and shone in the limelight. "Hi, Seulgi," Wonwoo gave a little wave and smiled.

"Hey, Wonwoo,"

"You were?" Seungkwan said, sounding confused.

"Yes, Seungkwan, I was. I was in the same class with you every years before I got close with Mingyu here," Seulgi told him.

"You're a songwriter aren't you?" said Jihoon, the girl nodded. "Guys, remember how I tld you about this girl songwriter the other day," all of the boys nodded apart from Wonwoo and Joshua. "This is her, this is the infamous Kang Seulgi who masters at writing songs about life!" Jihoon announced over dramatically with his hands gesturing at Seulgi like as if he worshipped the girl.

"Ahhhhh!" all of them said in unison.

"And she used to go to high school with us and is best friends with this slacking athlete standing beside her," Jihoon added, at the last statement Seulgi could not contain herself and burst out laughing and only got herself into a headlock by the so-called athlete Mingyu.

"Okay, okay! I'm sorry, I'm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter