Chapter 3

Twins?!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Jaejoong and Yoochun return to the hotel and tell Junsu about meeting Danny, he doesn’t believe them. That is, until Yoochun pulls his cell phone out and shows him a picture of Jaejoong and Danny together at Starbucks.
“Holy ,” says Junsu staring at the phone.
“I know right,” says Yoochun. “Danny is a lot like Jaejoong actually.
“What do you mean by that,” asks Jaejoong, not really seeing how they were alike, aside from their looks of course.
“It’s the small things,” Yoochun explains, “little mannerisms that you both do without realizing it. Like, you both bite the corner of your lip when you’re thinking.”
“A lot of people do that,” Jaejoong argues.
“Yeah, but you two were doing it at the same time.”
“Whatever,” Jaejoong says rolling his eyes and heading for his bedroom. He needed a good night’s sleep if he was going to be able to function tomorrow.”

##############################

Danny couldn’t get his mind to stop racing once he gets home. As he lay in bed recalling everything that he learned that night, he was having trouble believing he wasn’t just dreaming. He’d even pinched himself to make sure he wasn’t.
I have a twin brother named Jaejoong Kim.

 

The next morning Danny told his parents that he was going to pick up a friend and that he’d be right back. His mother must have assumed he was talking about Tyler because she said she’d save them both a plate of breakfast. Grabbing the car keys off the hook he made his way outside to Ole Reliable, a car that was older than he was by at least a good ten years.
Danny starts the car while thinking of which route to take to the hotel that would get him there the fastest. I wonder if it’s really okay to just spring Jaejoong on them like this? I hope it doesn’t freak them out too much.

 

#######################################

 

Jaejoong stood outside the front of the hotel nervously bouncing on his feet. He was so nervous that he wound up changing his outfit three times before finally settling on a pair of his nicest jeans a tennis shoes and a simple pale purple button down shirt.
Jaejoong is fighting the urge to rush back upstairs and find a belt and tuck in his shirt when Danny pulls up in front of the hotel in an old Chevy model car. Hopping into the passenger seat before he can change his mind. Jaejoong didn’t think he’d ever been this nervous before, not even during DBSK’s debut performance. Jaejoong hopes that that his nerves aren’t showing as he greets Danny.
“You look nice,” says Danny as he watches Jaejoong fasten his seatbelt.
“Thanks,” Jaejoong says with a nervous laugh, “I wasn’t exactly sure what to wear.”
“It wouldn’t have mattered, my parents are pretty laid back, all things considered,” Danny explains.
Unlike Jaejoong, Danny’s outfit is much more casual. He was wearing his favorite pair of jeans that had holes in the knees and that were also wearing thin in other places, with a gray pull over hoodie. Danny also noticed that while he had kept his piercings in, Jaejoong seemed to have removed all of his.
The two of them make small talk during the drive to Danny’s house. When they pull into his driveway Danny cuts off the car engine before turning to Jaejoong. “Just so you’re aware, my dad is in a wheelchair.”
Jaejoong looks at him in shock, “What happened?”
“He used to work construction. They were moving some of those big metal support beams when some of the rigging used to secure them broke apart. The foreman was standing directly beneath them and was about to get flattened like a pancake,” Danny says with a dry laugh, “when my dad pushed him out of the way. Unfortunately, my dad’s left leg got pinned beneath a beam and was broken in several places.”
Jaejoong remains silent as Danny shrugs before continuing, “The doctors did a great job fixing it up and say that he should be able to start taking physical therapy within the next couple of months, but until then he’s a little grumpy that he isn’t able to work right now.”
Jaejoong nods in understanding, “Is that why you got a job at the hotel?”
“Yep,” Danny says with another shrug. “Anyway, I just thought I’d give you a heads up.”

“Mom, dad, I’m back,” calls Danny upon entering the house with Jaejoong following close behind him.
His parents were still in the kitchen finishing up their breakfast when Danny walks in. His mother looks up from the crossword puzzle she and her husband had been working on together to pass the time and smiles at him.
Danny clears his throat, “Mom, dad, there’s someone I’d like you to meet.” Danny steps out of the kitchen doorway and indicates with his heads to someone just out of their line of sight, “This is Jaejoong Kim.”
Jaejoong steps forward biting his lip. He was expecting Danny’s parents to be shocked and he wasn’t disappointed. His mother’s eyes went wide in surprise and she drops the pen she’d been holding while Danny’s father’s reaction was a little more dramatic. He’d been drinking his coffee when Jaejoong stepped into the room, splitting it out as he began to cough. Danny quickly made his way over to his father and pats his back.
“Nice spit take dad,” Danny says with a laugh trying to ease the tension.
Danny’s father gave him a dirty look as he managed to stop his coughing fit. When his gaze returned to Jaejoong he tried not to let his nerves show. He couldn’t remember if Danny had said his parents could speak Korean as well, so he played it safe and greeted them in English with a bow of his head.
“Jaejoong, this is my mom and dad, Jennifer and Derek Wilson.”
“My god,” says Mrs. Wilson standing and making her way over to Jaejoong. “How is this possible,” she asks circling him. “The adoption agency never said anything about you having a twin brother.”
Danny shrugs at her giving her an ‘I don’t know’ look.
Jaejoong turned his attention Danny and switched back to Korean, because he wasn’t sure how to phrase it in English, “The way that I understand it, after talking some more with our birth mom this morning, I was pretty much adopted right away by the Kims’. Mom and dad really wanted a son, but every time mom got pergent, it was with a girl, which is why I have eight sisters.”
“Eight,” Danny gasps as his eyes widen. “You have eight sisters, how did you manage to stay sane?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter