Who are you?

The boy who can call rain

“Gwang Soo.” An old woman called.

“Ne, Mrs.”

“Go and wake up my grandson. He must still be sleeping like always. What a lazy sloth I have.” She said reading newspaper while taking a sip on her coffee.

“But, its July 21st, Mrs.” Gwang Soo bowed.

“…21st? Already? Aigoo, Then forget about it. You can go do your work.”

“Ne.”

“Aigoo, my grandson. Poor baby.” She started to read her newspaper once gain.

 

Half hour before:::::

The sun slowly began to rise taking over the dark world. The birds were chirping in the trees and in the roofs, everything were green and colorful. It was just peaceful. Inside a big building there was a special room where the first sun-rise always touched upon the light, white window curtain. The smooth breeze swing the curtain like a flowing water which was tickling the room. Next to the window in the middle section was a big, round bed with white sheets and red blanket. Underneath that red blanket was a young boy sleeping peacefully, his face covered until his nose. When the clock hit 5:00 a.m. the clock beside his dressing table started to beep.

The young boy slowly opened his eyes. He had really bright brown eyes. He kept staring at the beautifully patterned ceiling and stayed like that in the bed like if he was in a deep thought, then the beeping alarm stopped and he got up straight making the blanket drop in his lap that was covering his beautiful face. His skin was really pale and smooth while his rosy lips shined as he breathed out of it. His right side of the lip slowly widened, he smiled and said quietly, “Happy Birthday…Wonwoo.” Wonwoo scratched his messy hair and got down from the bed.

It was one time in the year he always got up early and his personality completely changed, like if he is a completely different person. Wonwoo is known for his lack of talent while it comes to drawing and painting, but every July 21st he painted like a professional……..yes, he got up every morning and painted lots of paintings….but no one knew what. No one in the house ever tried to disturb him in this day.

After Wonwoo finished painting, he looked at it and smiled. “Who are you?” He would ask.

 

 

“Haramoni!” Wonwoo said getting down the stairs.

“Uh, my baby.”

“I will be going out. Don’t wait for me tonight. I am staying out.”

“What? Again? For how long will you be gone this time?”

“Don’t worry I will let you know.”

“But…” She looked at his bright brown eyes. “Kure….come back safe.”

“Ne.” Wonwoo left emotionless.

“Aigoo.” Wonwoo’s grandma dropped on the couch. “His eyes really gives me chill. And the way he dress up is…..tsk tsk tsk He has changed again. Hope nothing bad will happen to him again.” She prayed.

 

 

Mingyu POV:::

I woke up earlier today because I have to go somewhere. I had packed my bag and was tying my boot lace. I was ready to leave my house. It’s been about seven years that incident happened where I lost him, today is the exact day I lost him. I wanted to be out of this city today because every day I would remember him and blame myself for what happened. I was to shameless to even go visit him. I became that coward. I still regret for everything……

It was around 5:30 a.m. I stood in front of the train station waiting for the train to arrive. I sat in the bench alone, I was earlier than everyone, but soon people began to arrive as well. I noticed girls giggling from few feet away from me. Two young high school girls came towards me holding their phone in their hands. “A-are you a celebrity?” One of the girl asked. “Ani-yo.” I replied. “Really? You are really good looking oppa.” They giggled. “Khamsaeyo.” The girls squeaked.

The train arrived.

I took an empty spot next to the wide window from where I could see the beautiful scenery outside the train. I took out my sketch pad and a pencil. I always liked sketching, it make me forget about everything. I bit on the top of the pencil and was thinking what to sketch. The train started moving signaling everybody that it was about to leave.  

After a minute a young man sat right in front of me. He totally reminded me of a celebrity. He wore black pants, white messy shirt and black leather coat, his hair was stylized like a model, lots of ear rings in his right ear, eye liner, and a black back pack. He put his bag on the table rest and looked outside the window….then I noticed his eyes. The bright sun was reflecting right through his bright brown eyes, making it look like dark orange. I had never seen such a beautiful eyes before. Before I knew it, I was sketching him. I sketched everything in pencil, but colored his eyes with colored pencil. It was a master piece. I looked at my sketch and smiled, then I looked back at him……and he was gone. I looked around, but he was gone…..after few seconds, the train stopped. I missed him. Come to think of it, did I just smile?