Chapter 4

Can't Stop Dancing (HIATUS)

A Few Days Later

Should I talk to her today? Or should I leave her alone?

She was all I could think about. The day before, yesterday night, and today morning, right when I woke up.

I reached the school gates and opened them. I walked in, not paying attention to anyone.

“Yo, what’s up Vernon?” Joshua came up to me.

“Vernon. Hello, earth to Vernon?” He grabbed my shoulders and shook them.

“Huh?” I lost focus of what I was thinking about.

“Dude, are you ok? You look like you just saw a ghost.” Joshua said and looked at me worriedly.

“Yea, I’m fine. Don’t worry about it.” I nodded my head and started walking to my locker, wishing that she wasn’t there.

It’s been awkward for the past few days. Last practice, we didn’t say anything to each other. It was basically all dance no talk. It was so hard for me to look into her eyes and actually talk to her, even if it was about anything.

“Yo, there’s your girl.” Joshua nods his head towards Evelyn who was opening her locker.

“Shut up.”

I’m going to try to talk to her at least.

I walk up to her locker, shoving my hands into my pocket.

This is really awkward.

Evelyn closed her locker, and flinched when she saw me.

“What do you want?” She asked me coldly.

“I, uh, I-I” I stuttered.                                       

She raised her eyebrows in confusion, as if she was telling me to go on.

“I just want to apologize, for uh, touching your wrist, I guess? I didn’t know that you were uncomfortable with it.” My eyes made way to the ground, too ashamed to look at her.

She laughed. I looked at her in surprise.

“You know, you didn’t need to avoid me for the past few days. I want to apologize too. I kind of over reacted about that.” She looked at me, her eyes shimmering.

I blinked, not knowing how to respond. I thought she would be mad at me and tell me that I’m the worst person ever. Talk about a huge twist.

The bell rang.

“Alright, see you at danced practice!” She smiled at me and waved, heading to her next class.

I beamed, my heart content, as I headed towards my next class.

Hey guys!!! I'm finallyy back. Holy its been like i dunno, three weeks (?) since I've updated. I just want to apologize cuz this chapter is short as hell, and also that I took sooooooo long to update. School and after school stuff has been stressing me outtttt. But hopefully, I can update this weekend or next week Monday, cuz that would be awesomesauce. Feel free to comment or add me as a friend, because that would mean a lot to me. Anyways, hope you enjoy this chapter! Much love~