Chapter 1

Can't Stop Dancing (HIATUS)

 “I just can’t stop dancing.”

Heart pounding, loud and clear. Roaring applause and roses thrown. Body washed out of adrenaline and full of sweat. But it was all worth it.

10 Months Ago

“C’mon Vernon. You did so well last week. What happened?” Instructor Kim looked at me with disappointment.

I looked away from him.

Instructor Kim sighs and he turns to her.

“I thought you guys had practiced. Its looks like a pile of crap. Vernon, I put you two together for a reason. You both are the best dancers I have. The competition is only 10 months away.”

I rolled my eyes.

“Mr. Kim. We have 10 MONTHS. That’s a long way to go.” I said.

“But those 10 months are going to pass by very fast. And you are going to look like the worst pair of dancers we have if you don’t practice.” He said to me.

“I know but-“

“Can we just do the choreo instead of wasting our time, especially mine?”

We both turned our heads to see Evelyn. She looked at us with a blank face.

“Why are you staring at me like that?”

I flinched.

Damn, she’s scary. Scary yet beautiful.

“Alright. From the top.” Instructor Kim walked away from us and stayed in the corner.

Evelyn came towards me and placed her hands in mine. My heart started beating faster. The music started playing. She looked into my eyes and started swaying around while I follow her. She grooved yet she was so graceful. And the music had ended.

She immediately tore away from me. And for some reason, I was disappointed.

“There! That was what I was looking for today.” Instructor Kim clapped and smiled at us.

By the time we finished our practice, it was night time. Instructor Kim had already left because he had to take care of his family.

Evelyn took her stuff and was walking out of the door.

“Wait! You can’t go alone now. It’s too dark outside.” I shouted while running after her.

“Can you shut up? It’s 10 pm. Don’t make such a fuss.” Evelyn said and kept walking.

I ran to catch up to her. She stopped walking. I put my hands on my knees and caught my breath.

“Damn, you’re fast. I was just asking if I could walk you home because-“

“I don’t need anyone to walk me home. I’m not a two year old that needs to be taken care of. Just mind your own business and don’t meddle into mine.” She turned around and looked at me with her cold eyes.

I gulped.

C’mon Vernon, don’t be such a wuss. Go up to her and ask her again.

“I just realized that I don’t need your permission to walk you home.” I stared at her.

“You’re such a child. Why am I even talking to you?” She rolled her eyes and turned around. She started walking again.

Why is she so damn complicated?

I shrugged and walked behind her. She didn’t care and kept walking.

We finally reached her house and I took a look around.

“See you at school tomorrow?” I asked her.

“Go home.” She said and walked to her door.

She turned around and looked at me.

“Why are you still here?” She glared at me.

I looked at her door and tilted my head.

“Go inside first. What else you think I’m waiting for?” I retorted.

She rolled her eyes and went in. I sighed and started walking back home.

What was that Vernon? You sounded like a stupid fool. Oh well, let’s see how tomorrow goes.

_____________________________________________________________________________

HEYYO!! This is the very first chapter of my story, but I'm pretty sure you already know. Oh wells. I'd love to see comments and all that shushkabob stuff. Much love~