*bonus: abandoned fics dump

softer than steel, warmer than copper

Momo/Tzuyu PJO AU:

 

Momo:

     It was a cold day when she entered through the Doors of Death, and Momo had wanted to wear pants but then she remembered why she wore shorts instead: she was heading into the underworld, a land of damp and uncomfortable humidity (kind of like Florida, Hermes had once told her, but she wouldn't know; Momo had never been to Florida). But it was a warm day when she left, escaped a world of darkness and death, and straight into the summer sun. Momo remembers thinking how long had it been since she had seen light- like actual sunlight from the actual sun and not from the eternally burning torch Hephaestus had gifted her for the quest. Time was distorted in the underworld (after all, the dead had no need for time) and Momo knew she was there for a long time, but she could never have fathomed it had been this long.

 

     "Sorry for this," Sana apologizes as she sets down a set of bedding onto the dusty bunk. "Your old bed was," she trails off, guilt dragging down the corners of , and Momo can hear the unsaid words. 'Your old bed was given away because everyone thought you were dead.' Momo doesn't blame her. It makes sense. Two years was too long of a time to keep hope for a person who was most likely dead. But she wasn't dead, was she? She managed to make it back not unscathed, but definitely alive. (Sometimes, she wishes she hadn't.)

 

     "It's fine," Momo reassures, studying the girl in front of her. At one point, she had known Sana- they had joined the camp together, had been claimed by the same divine parent together, had been best friends. But now (her face had gotten sharper, Momo notes), Sana had grown up. She's no longer the girl who had snuck into Momo's bed every night and giggled with her about useless things until their head counselor had woken up and yelled at them. (Now Sunye is dead and Sana is head counelor and Momo is still Momo and everything is confusing.) And now, Momo doesn't know who Sana is. (And now, Momo doesn't know who she herself is.)

 

Tzuyu:

     Tzuyu should've known something was off when her math, history, and science teachers all tried to kill her. But honestly, she thought it was because they were s and she was failing all of their classes. But the real reason turned out to be because she was half god and they were all demons out to kill her. At least she has an excuse to tell her mom why she was failing all of her classes now.

 

     (I don't care if the principal himself drags you down into Tartarus!" Tzuyu's mother had said later, when the girl had given her the demigod excuse. "No daughter of mine is going to fail calculus!")

 

     (Sometimes, Tzuyu wonders if her mom was also a demon from the underworld.)

 

 

 

Tzuyu/Sana(/Momo/Mina) Royal Marriage AU:

 

     The difference is almost jolting, Tzuyu thinks, between the travel to the palace and the palace itself. She's become so used to the soothing rhythm of an army of horse hooves sounding outside her carriage and the smell of the rain that the refined bustle of the palace feels like a foreign world. (It is, Tzuyu reminds herself. A foreign palace in a foreign country, but while the palace itself changes, little else does.) Inside the heavy doors, it's loud but the absence of Dahyun's and Chaeyoung's boisterous laughter brings forth a different kind of quiet Tzuyu had long forgotten about in their few months of travel together. And as always, the loneliness follows.

 

     All the noise die down the moment her guard enter through the door with their worn boots and weary shoulders. Tzuyu has long gotten used to being the center of attention but the hard stares directed at her burn in a way that makes her skin itch. Alone in a foreign palace in a foreign country (but really, she's the foreign one now, isn't she?), it makes Tzuyu's heart want to burst with emptiness.

 

     But then she spots her, the first daughter of the emperor. (Her betrothed, she reminds herself with a hitch of her breath.) The older girl isn't hard to spot, shining brighter than all of the gold and jade and expensive silks adorning the palace, in a way that one can only be born with. She looks at Tzuyu with curious eyes and a warm smile, and it's in that warmth that Tzuyu thinks that maybe everything will be alright.

 

.

 

     "The princess is beautiful," Mina notes after the inviting dinner is over. The foreign princess had retired to one of the guest chambers in another wing of the palace, and Mina and Momo are just lounging around with Sana inside the princess's room. Mina should probably be working right now, but the emperor has always been lax whenever it came to his daughter's friends.

 

     "She is," Sana concedes. "But she's not you. Either of you." She swears firmly, looking at both of her friends. (But they're more than friends, aren't theym connected in a way that goes beyond friendship and into love.) "And I don't want to love her." At least, not in the way the plays she sees with her father depict it, or the way the musicians sing about it, and definitely not in the way she loves Momo and Mina.

 

     But when Sana had met her for the first time that eening and saw those wide eyes, lost and scared- she can't help but want to care for her. Tzuyu is young (younger than all of them and barely of age) and it must've been hard, Sana thinks, to travel for months on end to a country she doesn't know to marry a girl she doesn't know. The thought makes Sana want to wrap the younger girl up in expensive blankets and shower her with warmth, but still, she can't help but feel as if that would be a betrayal.

 

     "There's nothing wrong with caring for her," Mina says when Sana voices the thought. Momo had been silent all evening but presses a kiss behind Sana's ear in agreement. "There's a difference between caring and loving, between loving and being in love. But there's nothing wrong with any of them," Mina reassures, "so stop worrying so much."

 

     "I don't want to lose either of you," Sana whispers as shadows flicker against the walls of the room.

 

     "You can't get rid of us that easily," Momo teases as she straddles Sana's lap. Sana can feel Mina's fingers against the edge of her robes and her breath hitches in anticipation. "This kingdom may belong to you, and she may belong to you," the court dancer says, tucking a stray strand of hair behind Sana's ear, "but don't forget that you belong to us." The kiss Momo presses against her lips feels like a brand and it's not until Mina starts trailing a path of kisses down her bare shoulder that Sana finally believes them.

 

A/N: There's only two wip's here but they were just sitting in my google drive and it felt like such a waste to just leave them there so I decided to attach them to this fic? Lol anyways, enjoy.