Adventure 02 - The Encounter with Bugs and a Ninja

Fight or Flight: The Adventure of Taehyung Kim
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Point of View:

Jinhwan Kim

Taehyung was out by the time his back hit the ground while I on the other couldn't sleep. Here I was, tossing and turning as I lied there. Frustrated, I sit up and watch Taehyung snore his off. He must be tired from all the energy he used up today. Since it was no point on trying to sleep, I put my blanket over him before heading out of the tent.

"Can't sleep?" I found Mr. ert still awake sitting by the fire. "Want to join me?"

"Why, so you can try to touch my ?"

He put both his hands up, trying to show me he was unarmed. "I was just joking back there. But I have to admit, you’re cute."

"Whatever," I said, rolling my eyes. Taking a seat on the opposite end of the fire and toss rock at it. It was kind of awkward. Nobody is talking and I could feel him watching me so I begin asking him questions. "So Mr. Hawkeye, what brings you to these woods?"

"Please, just call me Junhoe," he said but I shrugged my shoulders. "If you must know cutie, I'm here to hunt down a monster called The Crawler."

"First of all, stop calling me cutie. I'm not interested."

"Not now."

"Not ever," I said after he interrupted me. "Second, was that the beast we just took down?"

"Nope, that was the growling beast Muju. The Crawler is still out there."

"Then what are we still doing here," I said, looking for any sigh of the monster. "We're still in danger."

"Don't worry sweet cheeks. I'd check the whole surrounding, it's not here."

"How do you know?"

"If it was here, we would have smelt it by now. It'll leave a foul smell."

"So you're sure we're safe," I asked again. "I can't have anything comes to harm towards Taehyung." He looks at me before turning towards the moon and smile.

"Must be nice to have someone to care for."

"Huh? What are you talking about?"

"Well, I'm an only child," he started. "Parent die young and there was nobody I can look up to."

"You must have some friends at least," I said before noticing a guild mark on his sleeve. "Aren't you in a guild. There must be someone there you care for."

"Being in a guild is nice and all but my guild's leader doesn't let just anyone in so our roster is pretty low. There nobody there waiting for me."

"That's not true," I said, body moving on its own closer to him. "You have your guild leader and your members. They're waiting for you."

Seeing my point I made, he smile. "I guess you're right. Still, it would have been better if I had someone special waiting for me." He must felt lonely growing up by himself. Guess he never felt real love before. Rolling my eyes, I was going to hate myself for the thing I was about to do next. Crawling up to him, I brought him into a tight hug which causes him to tense up. "Um..."

"Shut it," I said. "I've always do this to Taehyung when he was younger. Whenever he feels lonely, I'll give him a hug to show him that he wasn't alone. It'll always work because he'll feel better the next day."

"I've feel better already," he said, body starting to loosen up. "You're actually touching me."

"Do you want me to let go?"

"No, no, no! I'm sorry," he said, throwing his arms around me and pulling me closer. "This feels nice. You're so warm."

"Shut up..."

 

******

 

"Well... This is a surprising morning."

"What..." Slowly opening one of my eyes, I found Taehyung hovering above me.

"Morning, Jinhwan. Sleep well," he asked. Rubbing my eyes, I give him nod. "I can see. Must be nice having a snuggle buddy." Closing my eyes, I turn away from him.

"It's too early for your joke." As I lean forward, my head hit on something hard. Hitting it again, it felt like a chest so I peek out with my eye. Damn, I can't believe it. Last night, I remembered dosing off and resting my head on his shoulder as we talk. He must have fallen asleep after I did.

"You know, a guy can get uses to this. Waking up with a cutie in my arms is pretty nice," Junhoe said as he tightens his arms around my waist.

"Let go," I said.

"Awe, but I don't want to."

"Let me go while I'm asking nicely."

"Fine, fine," he said, finally releasing me. Rolling off the ground and standing up, I dust the dirt off myself. Taehyung stood beside me, holding this huge grin on his face. Looking back on the ground, Junhoe lie there waving his fingers to me. Face burning, I turn back to Taehyung.

"I thought you said you didn't like him like that."

"I don't!" He shook his head in disbelief.

"It doesn’t look that way," he said. "Make up your mind, brother."

"Shut up!"

 

******

 

After washing my face with the nearby river, I came back to find Taehyung and Junhoe crouching down over a map. "Well, it was nice knowing you Junhoe but we have to go."

"Um..."

"About that," Taehyung said, turning around to face me. "Junhoe is coming with us."

"What are you talking about, Taehyung?"

"You'd said that we need to stock up at Sunny Hill, remember," he asked and I nodded. "Well, it turns out Junhoe is also going there so I decided we'll going with him."

"Are you serious," I asked. "Taehyung, we shouldn't bother Junhoe more than we already have."

"It's not a bother," Junhoe said, standing up. "In fact, I'll be glad to spend more time with you."

"Taehyung!"

"Sorry, but it's already been decided."

 

******

 

"Come on, stop sulking."

"I'm not sulking!"

"Come on, cutie. We had a beautiful moment last night."

"Call me cutie one more time. I'll put that arrow somewhere you won't like."

"How would you know? I might like it."

"Arg!" Won't this guy quit! "Taehyung, you go walk by him." Pushing him towards the ert, I tried to ignore them laughing at me.

From the end of this forest, it'll take twenty minutes to walk to the next town. When we were near the end of the trail, the stench of blood started to roam in the air. Of course, Taehyung being Taehyung, he has to go looking for the smell.

Once we caught up to him, the sight we found was horrendous. Bodies split in half, lying across from each other. Looks like the place have been ransacked by a furious monster.

"Ahhhh," a scream came from the distance. Looking at Taehyung, I waited for him command.

"What are we going to do," I asked. His face already gave me the answer.

"We need to help her." With that said we took off and ran towards the direction of the scream.

"Somebody help!"

"We're here," Taehyung shouted as we arrive at the scene. The girl was trapped, hanging on a tree. The monster that was trying to get her down looked the same one we defeated last night. But something wasn't right. Just by looking at her, you can tell she was a ninja and that was the first thing that threw me off. From what I heard, people like her have high agility. She could have out run this beast so why was she on a tree? Second, she didn't have any cuts or bruises.  If she was with those people back there, she should have substance some injuries.

"Please help me! I trapped and used up all my tools," she yelled causing me to snap out of my thought. Taehyung and Junhoe were already prepared to battle, dropping their bags on the ground. I need to tell them something was right.

"Taehyung, something isn't adding up."

"Now is not the time, Jinhwan. We need to help her," he said, ignoring my warning. Not giving it a second thought, I got ready to fight.

 

Get Ready to Battle!

 

"Same monster from yesterday, I got this!"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter