Adventure 03 - Quest and the Mysterious Guy

Fight or Flight: The Adventure of Taehyung Kim
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Point of View:

Taehyung Kim

We finally arrive at Sunny Hill. It's quite a nice town. People were welcoming us as we walk through the entrance and laughter was everywhere. With the entire event that had happen, it's nice to be back in a lively place.

 

Jinhwan and Seulgi has left the party

 

While Jinhwan went to book a place at the inn with Seulgi, I went with Junhoe to the quest guild. I've never went to one before so this will be my first time. I always wonder what a quest guild is like. From story I heard back in the village, I'd imagine it having many different people for other guilds, teaming up and making party before going on a quest. Turns out, it's just like that. Pushing passes Junhoe as we arrived, I watch as different people walk in and out of the building. People are lining up at the counter and accepting different type of mission. There a bulky guy, fully armored standing by a girl wearing a cloak and a pointy hat. I think he's a tank and she's a mage just like Jinhwan. I even saw people trading with each other. I would have offered a trade too but, I have nothing.

"Hey, Taehyung," Junhoe called out. "I'm going to turn this in. Be right back."

"M'kay," I said. Seeing him walk to away, I gave myself a tour of the place. Everything looks cool, especially the section that had the word wanted on the wall. Poster of monsters was hanging there. Some looked cute while some looked dangerous. It was arrange by rank, lowest to highest. Rank E is the weakest one while Rank S is the hardest monster. Some of the creature that was listed is humanoid. Like the one I'm looking at right now. Under the description, she is known as the Ice Princess and also a rank S. The picture of her isn't clear, though.

"Hi, sir. Do you need some assistance?" Turning around, I found a petite girl wearing a white collar shirt, purple skirt with high knee sock. She even had a purple bracelet on her left hand.

"Um...."

"My name is Yeri and I work here," she said, pointing to a patch that was sewed on her shirt shoulder. "You were looking at the wanted poster for a bit now so I was wondering if you had trouble choosing one."

"No, no," I said, waving my hands. "I was just looking at it. It's my first time coming to a place like this."

"Ah... So you're a newbie," she said, causing my cheeks to tint from embarrassment. Looking behind my shoulder, she noticed the poster I was looking at. "Oh! The Ice Princess? I think she is a little too strong for you. I heard she turn most if not all the warriors she faced into ice statues."

"She's that strong?"

"She wouldn't be an S rank if she wasn't," she said. Walking to the other side of the wall, her lip curve up when she found a post. Removing it, she walk back to me and gave me the poster. "How about this one? It's a low ranking quest."

"Gathering Giggle Berries? There's quest for stuff like this too?"

"There are a lot of quests like this, not just hunting. Many people request things like gathering or running errands for them because they're too busy with whatever and have no time to do it. They'll come here, ask for help and then we seek adventurers to complete them."

"Ah, so that's how it works," I said. Reading the post again, I remember we're not staying here too long. "I think I have to pass on this. We're just in town for a night."

"Are you sure you can’t do it," she said, walking closer to me and pointing at spot on the poster. "The reward is pretty good considering how low the quest is."

Looking at where she was pointing, I eye grew. "Double edge sword," I read out loud. "I like too, but I need to talk with my brother first."

"That tall guy that was holding a giant crystal over his shoulder?"

"Oh no. That was just a friend," I corrected her. "My brother is at the inn."

"Well, then. If you do change your mind, I'll hold on to this until night fall tomorrow for you," she said, taking the poster from me and rolling it up.

"Okay."

"You know, we talk for a good couple of minutes and I still don't know you name."

"Sorry. I'm Taehyung."

"Taehyung... I sense that you'll be a fine warrior in the future," she said. "You may not look like it now but working hard will pay off."

"Yeri! We need some help in the back!"

"Look like duty calls," she said. "It was nice talking to you, Taehyung. I hope I'll see you tomorrow."

"I'll try." Giving me a smile, she ran towards the lady that had just called her. Waving me a goodbye, she then left the room.

Gather giggle berries... I really want that sword. Maybe I can convince Jinhwan to say another day. What am I talking about? I don't need his permission to stay. I am the leader of this group and I say we'll stay.

Seeing Junhoe standing in the distance looking for me, I call out his name before walking to him. "Are you done?"

"Yup! All set," he said. "How do you like the place?"

"It's cool," I said. "Let's get back to the other. I found a quest I want to do."

"Okay then. Off to the inn."

 

******

 

"Why can I share a room with you?"

Once Junhoe and I reach the inn, we found Jinhwan idling around the lounge. Seeing us, he told me that we're sharing a room while Junhoe and Seulgi get their own room. Apparently, Junhoe doesn't like that arrangement.

"I don't trust you," Jinhwan stated. "Who know what you'll do if we we're alone in the room."

"I won't do anything. Taehyung will be there," Junhoe said, pointing at me.

"And what if he not? It'll be safe knowing you're in a different room and not have access to mine when Taehyung is gone. Besides, think of it as a payment for saving me. We barely have any money left."

"Then exchange it back and let me room with you guys," Junhoe suggested. "We'll save money." Jinhwan just shook his head.

"If you’re bent on sharing a room, give back your room key." Taking the key from Junhoe, Jinhwan gave him our room key. "You can share with Taehyung while I get the room to myself."

"Yah!"

"Too bad! No more change," Jinhwan said, walking away as Junhoe trailed after him. The sight was cute and weird at the same time. Look likes Junhoe don't know when to give up.

"That was sad." Turning around, I found Seulgi behind me.

"Tell me about it," I said. "How much did you see?"

"All of it. Junhoe is so thirsty for Jinhwan."

"I don't know what he see in him," I said, turning back around to see Junhoe tugging on Jinhwan's arm while Jinhwan push Junhoe face away with his free hand. "Maybe he got a size kink."

"Got to be."

"So, how was the quest guild," Seulgi asked. "I'd stop by there but didn't see you guys so I came back."

"It was cool," I said. "I think I found my first quest."

 

******

 

"So you want to stay for another day?" Meeting in my room, I finally told Jinhwan about the quest. It took a while because of the room situation but I convinced Junhoe to leave Jinhwan alone and room with me. As much as I like the guy, I can see he was bothering my brother too much. So being a good brother that I am, I pulled Junhoe aside. I told him that Jinhwan won't like him if he doesn't give him some space, and maybe said something about telling him some personal thing about Jinhwan if he'll room with me. That got him to back off from Jinhwan, for now.

Back to Jinhwan question, I nodded. "I want to get this sword and the only way to get it is by the quest."

"What about the weapon and armor shop," he asked.

"Like you said no money."

"Okay."

"Come on! I know I said I want to go straight to Heaven but having low level gears isn't going to cut it. We need..."

"Taehyung, he said okay," Seulgi said.

"Wait, what? Did he?"

"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter