Adventure 01 - Time to Head Out!

Fight or Flight: The Adventure of Taehyung Kim
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Point of View:

Taehyung Kim

There was this tale of a young lad, who pick up his first sword when he just three years old. He went on his first adventure when he eight and slayed a dragon when he was only twelve. He was the youngest person to do so throughout the land. That was six years ago.


He is known as the Golden Maknae Jungkook Jeon. From what I heard, men want to be like him and women want to marry him. He is the most gifted person known to man. Excelling just about anything and everything he pick up. From bows to staves, spears to axes, he mastered many if not all the weapons out there. Most people who seen him in action says he specialize in hand to hand combat and prefers a gauntlet as his weapon. Imagine taking on a monster with just his hands, that's some high level skills.

As for me, if I was half as strong as him it would be awesome but growing up in a small town called Little Wave isn't going to help me. Not many actions happen here. The most that happen here are small insect attacking our crops.

Things are going to change, though. I didn't mean a change in town but in my life. Starting tomorrow, I'm heading out to the big city and starting my own adventure. Heaven, the capital of our nation is the place where people want to go to become known as great adventurers. Did I mention that where the Golden Maknae reside. He and his guild, The Shinning is the most powerful guild there is in Heaven. There are plenty of guilds there but everyone wants to join The Shinning and I heard they only accept the best and powerful. I don't mean to brag but I pretty good with a sword. Well, I am...

"Yah! Taehyung! What are you doing?" Nice way to ruin my moment!

"What do you want, Jinhwan?"

"Whoa, is that how you talk to your older brother?"

"By one year," I stated.

"Still older than you."

Let me introduce my over protective, older but shorter brother Jinhwan. He might look little to most people but don't let that fool you. He's one tough cookie. Master of Bargaining at the market, he can get people to lower the price on any merchandise he wants. If fighting to get a better deal doesn't excite you, then he knowing some magic might. By practicing some techniques from a book he read one time, he mastered the basic healing magic. I got to admitted him knowing magic is cool, considering he heals me every time I get injured. With all the people trying to harm me, (well, me trying to pick a fight) he's always there to protect me from them. With our parent gone, we only have each other. I know I don't tell him and I never will, I'm glad to be his brother.

"What's up?"

"Dinner is ready. Hurry up and come inside before it gets cold."

"In a minute," I said, continuing to swing my wooden sword around. Feeling an intense gaze on me, I turn around to find Jinhwan still standing there wearing a worried face. "What?"

"Are you serious about leaving tomorrow," he asked.

"I thought we'd talked about this," I said, dropping my sword. "I want an adventure and I can't do it here. I'm going to Heaven whether you like it or not."

"But Taehyung, it's dangerous out there."

"Don't you think I know that," I said, walking up to him and clamping my hands around his shoulders. "Stop worrying. I'm going to be fine." Letting out a sigh, he knows it's time to give up on trying to convince me on staying. It's not going to happen. Walking away from my hold, he picks up the sword on the ground and point it me.

"Want to give it a go?"

"Is that a challenge," I asked, grinning at him.

"Oh, it's not a challenge if we know who's going to win in the end." Catching the sword he had tossed , I was hype up.

"I'm not going to lose to you to again," I said, readying my position.

"Let's see."

 

******

 

"What are you doing," I asked as I watch my brother lock up the door while fully geared.

Dropping the key into his pocket, he turns around and tilts his head to the side. "What does it look like? I'm locking the door."

"I mean, why are you dressed like that?"

He rolled his eyes at me before walking closer.

"I'm coming along, duh."

"Why?"

"Who else is going to look out for you," he said, digging into his bag he was wearing before pulling out a wrapped piece of item. "Beside, I've always want to see the how the city look likes so I might as well tag along. By the way, here. This is for you."

Taking the object from him, I started unwrapping it. "What is it?"

"You can't start an adventure with a wooden sword so I went into town and got you a few things." Within the cloth, there was a short sword and an iron shield. "I got it on discount but I think it'll last until we reach the capital." Smiling at his gift, I'd put the wooden sword aside and equip my new gears.

"Fine, I'll let you come along but I'll call the shot," I said.

"Whatever."

 

Taehyung become party leader.

- Equip Short Sword and Iron Shield

- Wooden Sword was put away

 Jinhwan joins the party.

 

******

 

"So where are we heading, 'leader'," Jinhwan asked but I had no idea. Rolling his eyes, he pulls out a paper out of his back pocket. "Typical. I knew this would happen. Good thing I have a map."

"Blah, blah. I'm not prepared, suit me," I said, peeking over his shoulder. "So where are we going?"

"Well, according to the map, we here need to head toward Rabbit Forest."

"Rabbit forest, got it," I said, walking towards the direction.

"Other way."

Turning around, I played it off. "I knew that. I was just kidding."

"Right..."

 

******

 

We were walking on the trail, heading to Rabbit Forest when a creature pops out right from the bushes. "Me hurt you now," it said, slowly creeping up on us.

 

Get Ready To Battle!

 

"Jinhwan, what is that," I asked, gripping on to the handle of my sword, ready to pull it out. I never had seen anything like that before.

"Hold on. Let me examine it," he said, stepping forward and pulling out, I think, a wand.

 

Goddess that sees all, grant me with you vision.

Scan! 

 

His eyes twinkle a bit before returning to normal. "Okay, it's a Goblin. These creatures like to appear out of nowhere and harm people. I think you can handle this one alone."

"What? You're not going to help me."

"I thought you wanted to have an adventure? Why not start by taking care of him by yourself or do you think you can't handle him?"

"I so can do it by myself," I said, pulling out my sword from its sheath.

"Better hurry up. It's coming." Seeing how close the goblin was, I turn to see if Jinhwan was going to let me handle this by myself. Turns out he already left his previous spot and is now ten steps behind me.

"Yah! Why are you so far away?"

"To support you, duh," he said. "Watch out!"

Turning back around, the goblin was coming at full charge before jumping in the air. "Dodge its attack." Jumping and rolling to the side, I manage to avoid his club attack.

"Hehehe," it laughed.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter