his dream

Thanks for the Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

his dream ☁☁☁

 

I didn't regret anything.

 

Not the way that I was too shy to sweep her off her feet and instead settled with an "I...(love you) will see you tomorrow."; I was young and, perhaps a little uninformed about life. Not the way that I lost my control and hit her long term admirer; I was more bold and brash, perhaps a little too informed about life then. Not the way that our second kiss ended disastrously with me taking her to the hospital because I'd coincidentally eaten ‘blue’ flavoured candies before the date and had swell up. Not the way that I forgot about our anniversary because I was too excited about her success at getting a job that I ended up buying her a gift for the wrong reason. Because in hindsight, I'd realised all of those 'mistakes' only helped me to understand her better and vice versa. To cheesily put it, it strengthened our love.

 

I had lived a comfortable life, not encountering too many bumps in the path, but really, who can say that? Hitting my later years, I'd defined life in a mere five words:

 

Life is simple, yet complex. To further explain that theory, just think; you can choose to live it either way, it all depends on perspective.

 

(No no, that's rubbish, let's cross that out.)

 

However, it was true that I'd lived a simple life. No collection of scandals, affairs, not even drug use. I despised alcohol too, it was manipulative. So summed up, a simple life, with the one I loved, and one child, who'd already left many years ago to go who in the blazes knows where to become a business woman. I made a modest living as a journalist, enjoyed writing, and a er for tragic romance novels. My parents pushed me to be an entrepeneur or some CEO with a big name up his sleeves, but I never liked that type of lifestyle, where it was all about money. But enough about me, let's proceed to the more interesting parts of my life.

 

Lee Minseol and I met when we were eight.

 

She was, to simply put it, like an angel. She had these lovely twinkling eyes, and the smallest, pinkest pair of lips I'd ever seen. I instantly fell in love with her, not that I knew much about love at that young age.

 

It was a birthday party. I was a shy boy then, and I had my overly eccentric mother to thank for pushing me, literally, to her.

 

"I-I'm s-sorry!" I stuttered like a fool, immediately picking myself up and then lifting her up.

 

She'd graced me with her heart stopping smile, and right at that moment, the single thing going through my little eight year old mind was: how could anyone be so beautiful?

 

"You're alright!" She ruffled my hair, giggling a little.

 

That was it for me. That smile, that giggle, and not to mention her hand patting me on the head. I had fallen for her.

 

"I'm Oh Sehun, w-what's your name?"

 

Once again with that darn stutter. Boy was I a charming fella back then! (please note the sarcasm)

 

"Your lisp is funny. I like it!" She beamed.

 

My eyes widened. I'd never heard anyone label my inseperable lisp "funny" before, only that it made me even weirder than I already am.

 

"I'm Lee Minseol, nice to meet you!" She extended a small hand, and I took it, that being the beginning of our friendship.

 

Surprise surprise, we attended the same primary school, where I sat behind her for five years. I'd smell her hair, her lovely scent would always fill my nose and overload my senses. It was one of my favourite things about her; it was indefineable. We became best friends, which scared me at the start. Because the unspoken fanfic-versal rule spoke that best friends were not allowed to date without a whole bunch of problems. I was determined to break that.

 

We'd had our first date when we were nine. In that wonderful day that I'd spent with her (and our mothers supervising), I'd discovered her favourite ice cream flavour: boysenberry.

 

"One boysenberry and one chocolate, please!" We chorused in unified excitement, handing over the money.

 

The ajhussi smiled, his weathered face wrinkling up at the eyes, and after a moment of shuffling about, handed us two ice creams on the cone; one boysenberry, one chocolate.

 

I was so excited at that time, and now that I really think hard about it, I'd dipped the tip of my nose in chocolate in the haze of the buzz. And when I'd looked up, Minseol had threw her head back and laughed for a good few minutes before wiping my nose with her finger and tasting it for herself. I'd blinked in astonishment, really thrown at her bold action. 

 

"Mmm, I think chocolate is my second favouritest! But boysenberry is still my most favouritest!"

 

I'd for her incorrect vocabulary and she only retorted. "Favouritest is my word then! I can choose it to be if I want!"

 

She always lived like that, by her will.

 

Actually when I think about it, I think she smelled like boysenberry. I loved boysenberry.

 

Middle school was rather uneventful to say the least. Slowly, everything became about relationships and who liked who, and who backstabbed who, or at least I think that was what it was like. My friends hooked up, and I was left alone. I guess I was a little intimidating, not smiling often. There wasn't much to smile about when she was gone. She was in my class for the first two years, and then the treacherous schooling system separated her to another class.

 

I’d met my almost-as-best-as-Minseol-best-friend, Luhan, when we’d played in the same team for the school’s soccer team. We were the renowned strikers, bringing home goals day in and day out. He was a really close hyung, he was; soft spoken, yet humorous. 

 

Highschool came, and everyone bloomed into pretty little butterflies and like that. I also despised this time because it was where we met the one I grew to despise.

 

Kim Myungsoo.

 

I hated that bastard. Arrogant, a womanizer and always looking for trouble. I guess you could say he was the 'play boy' of the school. All the girls fawned after him, and he in return, played with them before dumping them when he grew bored. I wished my Minseol would never have to glance at his face, but with that kind of reputation, it was kind of hard not to hear his name pop up in every few conversations.

 

He’d arrived at the school half way through junior year as an exchange student, not from overseas, but from another local school, and after a few days, I’d caught the little inconspicuous whispers, the snippets of gossip; Kim Myungsoo had been suspended for apparently fighting with another boy over a girl.

 

He liked Minseol; liked her smile like I did, liked her sweet self like I did. And so they met. It was inevitable.

 

“Hey gorgeous, you happened to remind me a lot of my ex-girlfriend, want to go out?” It was possibly the weirdest line at the weirdest time, and still somehow, girls here and there managed to drop like a sack of potatoes.

 

Minseol, on the other hand, was not affected. “How unfortunate, and no thank you.” She’d quipped back and to my complete pleasure, tugged me away by the arm.

 

“You’re a !”

 

It took everything in me not to turn the other way and charge him. How dare he insult my Minseol?

 

Myungsoo stuck around like glue, annoyingly, and all three of us were in the same class. Minseol doted over me, and it made me smug whenever Myungsoo would vy for her attention. However, the guy didn't give up.

 

“Are you two, like, an item or something?”

 

I let out a little ‘tch’ of annoyance when Myungsoo approached me and invited himself to sit down on my desk.

 

“Why would it concern you?”

 

“You’ll see.” He got up as fast as he sat down, and the reason became clear as mud the following day.

 

He’d turned up the next day with a bouquet of flowers in his hands, and for whom were they for? You guessed it - my Minseol.

 

As intelligent and unaffected as Minseol was, the gesture was still somewhat courteous, and she was too kind to reject it. “Thank you, Myungsoo. They’re really nice.”

 

I was fuming in my cold mask of skin, mentally enacting scenarios ending in Myungsoo’s utter torture and pain on my behalf.

 

The next was chocolate; wrapped in gold paper and in disgusting heart shapes. They were decorated daintily with blue flavoured roses.

 

As another year passed, Minseol grew to be even more beautiful (if that was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter