Chapter 3

Photograph (Based on True Story!)

The next day, Naeun woke up by the sound of wardrobe door opening and closing repeatedly.  A little girl is searching through the wardrobe. Seems like she was looking for a dress. There was a scatter of clothes on the floor. Naeun heard few complains and sigh.

“What are you doing this early, Soeun?” Naeun moaned. She wondered how long she’d been sleeping. She glanced at the clock. It was 10 o’clock. She overslept. She blinked, shut her eyes, blinked again.

“My late birthday party is today, eonni.” Soeun as she grabbed one simple pastel dress. “Found it!” she said. Naeun yawned and managed to fully open both eyes. She stretched her arms.

“What birthday party?” Naeun asked again. She didn’t hear what Soeun said before as her brain was not functioned properly yet.

“Mine.” Soeun answered shortly and left the room to change into her dress, leaving Naeun who was still half asleep alone.

‘ah it’s Soeun late birthday party. I almost forgot that she’ll be eating out with her friends.’ Naeun thought. Rised from the bed, she went to the kitchen to take a cup of water. Then, she went to take shower for 30 minutes, get dressed, and apply some skincare. She went back again to the kitchen to take some strawberry yoghurt.

It was Saturday which means that she won’t be doing anything except for japanese class at 2 o’clock and Bomi birthday at 5 o’clock. She was about to went back to her room but her mother called her.

“Naeun-ah, can you drop your sister at Poki-poki?” her mother asked. Naeun raised her eyebrow in confusion. “Eung, why would I?” Naeun asked. Her mother told her than neither Hoo Eun nor Yoo Eun can drop her off. Since Soeun is still a little kid (not really though), she can’t just go by herself. Naeun grunted and nagged to herself. Her mind filled with complains because Soeun always bothers her and took her resting time.

It ended up that her mother tagged along. Naeun decided to go anyway since she want to eat. At poki-poki, Soeun was having her birthday party with her friends while her mother and Naeun ate at the corner of the restaurant. Poki-poki was one of Naeun favorite korean restaurant. She loves korean chicken that served there.

“Mom, I’m going to Bomi birthday soon. What should I do with my hair?” Naeun asked while munching her korean chicken. Her mother stared at her suspiciously. “Why would you do anything to your hair?” her mother said.

Naeun rarely done anything to her straight black-brown hair. She never fond of make-up also. But she didn’t know why she need to dress well today. She asked her mother what she’s going to wear, make-up she need to use, and so on. Her mother than told her to cut her hair but Naeun said there was not enough time since in 2 hours, she need to go to Japanese class. She usually cut her hair at her favorite salon which is far away.

“How about doing it at salon? It’s been awhile you went there.” Naeun mother said. She pointed at salon in front of Poki-Poki. Naeun and her mother decided to take a look. It was pretty cheap for a simple blowdry. She decided to get her done.

The employee curled her hair naturally, resulting a beachy wave hair. It was simple yet elegant. She payed for it and then directly went to her Japanese class since it was almost 2 o’clock.

Chikoku e sumimasen. (sorry I am late)” Naeun said to her japanese teacher. The teacher told her it was fine and to seat. She hurriedly seat randomly at the back. “Naeun-ah, your hair is so pretty.” A girl told her. Naeun smiled and thanked her. Learning japanese was hard. She didn’t get it, the point of learning it. But she do it anyway.

Saa, kyou no ressun wo hajimemashou. (Okay, let’s start today lesson)” the teacher said. The whole lesson, Naeun was not paying attention. She kept thinking what to wear and what if her hair was ruined. The teacher even called her few times and warned her to stay focus.

Kore de owari masu (let’s finish here)” the teacher said as the bell rang loudly. The students left the room. Naeun hurriedly went to her car to go home. It was around 4 o’clock already and Bomi’s started at 5. ‘I need to hurry, I haven’t prepare myself’

Naeun arrived home at 4:30. Just like Soeun, she was searching through the wardrobe quickly. There was a scatter of clothes on the floor, only much more than before. After few minutes, she found a blue top and blue skirt. She decided to wear it anyway. Her sister, Yoo Eun lend it for her since Naeun said she didn’t have any clothes. She put on thin makeup, only bb cream, lipstick, and little blush to make it natural.

Her friend from previous school as well as SNL buddy, Sora, was going with her to Grand Dine. Sora knew Bomi also but not that close. Naeun wondered why Bomi even invited Sora. Sora arrived at her home. Naeun quickly put on wedges heels and went to the car with her.

“You are prettier than usual, Naeun-ah.” Sora complimented while looking at Naeun from head to toe. This creeped Naeun up. “I accept that as compliment.” Naeun replied. Naeun keep checking her hair, making sure it the wave didn’t loosen up. She even constantly check herself on the mirror. “You are pretty already, don’t worry.” Sora laughed and stole Naeun mirror. Naeun just sighed. ‘What is wrong with me, why am I being like this’

They arrived at Grand Dine. The place was luxurious. It was beautifully decorated combined with low lighting that are often romantic. There was a garden inside with fresh flowers and green grass. The table were decorated with candlelight and linen tablecloth’s and napkins. The foods are served in buffet style.

Naeun saw a lot of girls and boys wearing fancy clothes. She and Sora entered a dining hall with a barrier with ‘Yoon Bo Mi’s Birthday’ written on it. She spotted faces she recognize and some that seems unfamiliar. There was 4 long tables, each fit approximately 15 peoples, fully decorated with soft-colored balloons and banners.

“Naeun-ah, You’ve came!” Bomi cheered as she went over to Naeun. She asked her to sit on one of the table on the right. She saw Dasom wearing a tight clothes showing her quite slim bodyline and sat next to her. Joonyoung, Chen, Junhyung and Chanyeol sat accross her. Sora sat on Sunkyu girl’s table as she was closer with them than Jungsang’s students.

“Where is Eunji and Kikwang?” Chanyeol asked. Naeun looked around and noticed the two mujigae did not come yet. She checked her LINE group ‘Mujigae’ and saw a text from Eunji.

[LINE GROUP: MUJIGAE]

JEJEUNJI : GUYSSS I CAN’T COME L

Yoon Bomi⋆ : ARE YOU CRAZY?

P. Chanyeol : Why?

Junhyung : Really? You are going to skip food?

JEJEUNJI : Ah goodbye my food *cry*

Dasom : What are you doing eunji-ya

Dasom  : *shock sticker*

Yoon Bomi⋆ : You better come or else I’ll get you

JEJEUNJI : I’m sorry but there’s a sudden emergency. Mianhae okay L

Kikwang : I can’t come also.

Naeun saw Kikwang text and she knew that something happened. He usually avoid going to party or hangout when there is a trouble with his family. She texted him personally after that.

Sonnaeun : Is something wrong?

Kikwang : yep..

Sonnaeun : You can tell me if you want to

Kikwang : mom being sensitive as usual.

Sonnaeun : aigoo, are you okay?

Kikwang : eung. Don’t worry. Enjoy a fancy dinner, naeun. *envious emoticon*

Naeun chuckled a bit and then sighed. Kikwang seems to get caught in a lot of trouble with her mother. They argued a lot. He rarely able to go out because of it. He is Naeun closest guy friend. Sharing stories and problems are quite often happened. “As you have seen at the group chat, our 2 buddies can’t make it. But don’t be dissapointed, enjoy yourself!” Bomi said as she went to mujigae.

The jungsang’s table was filled with Jungsang student, not only mujigae. Since Naeun knew some of them, she chatted along randomly. There was a girl who brags about her perfect score and how she’s so smart, making the other look like idiots. There were also those who randomly say things that have nothing to do with the conversation going.

Naeun was tapping her fingers on the table and sighed a lot. She started to get bored. She want to take the food but since nobody eat yet, she was shy to take the first move. Suddenly she felt her eyelids droop.

Then she saw everyone at Jungsang’s table start to whispering each other while looking at the entrance door. She reversed her body and looked toward the entrance. There were 2 tall good-looking boys at the entrance door, greeted by Sinkyu’s. Nam Woo Hyun and Kim Kibum.

Naeun didn’t react much upon seeing Woohyun but Kibum, he was way more handsome than he actually was in the photo. ‘He is cute... wait no, really cute’ Naeun thought. But that’s it. Unlike another girl in Jungsang’s table, they were like fangirling quitely over him. He was handsome but failed to catch Naeun eyes.

Bomi greeted Kibum cheerfully while she just smiled a bit at Woohyun. She then led them to their table. For around four minutes, suddenly the Sinkyu boys along with Bomi went to Jungsang’s area. “Guys, let me introduce to Sinkyu boys.” Bomi said with expresionless face. Naeun glanced at Sinkyu boys. Some were tall, some were short. They had a various hair color which was actually not allowed at school. There was one with a blonde hair. She knew him, he is one of SNL fixed member. The other sems to have a normal hair though.

“I’m Kibum.” Kibum said to Naeun first as he extended his hand. He was kinda the sweet type. Naeun shook his hand and told him her name. Kibum went to the next person, and most of them (the girls) were being shy toward him. Some blushes and it was obvious.

“Nam Woohyun.” Woohyun extended his hand to Naeun. Naeun shook his hand and told him her name. “I think we know each other already.” Woohyun said while staring at Naeun face. Bomi raised her eyebrow in confusion and shot a deathly glare at Naeun. “Ah, I don’t think so.” Naeun said nervously. She took off the handshake imediately as she felt her palms began to sweat.

‘There’s no sign of Myungsoo huh...’ Naeun said to herself. She looked around but she can’t find Kim Myung Soo. Could it be that he can’t come? She told herself not to think about it and just get the food since everyone had started to eat.

“Let’s eat, first round! Appetizer.” Junhyung said. His appetite are quite unique. Mujigae boys sure eat a lot. The boys took meats and all those heavy food while Naeun and Dasom decided to eat something lighter like deserts.

“Grand dine food is good.” Naeun commented. Dasom nodded along while munching her red velvet cake. The boys were on their second round with main course. The room was now filled with sound of eating and cheering.There was also a chilling music added to the lively atmosphere.

Suddenly, there was a sound of entrance door opening. Naeun looked back toward the entrance and saw a boy with a camera hanging on his shoulder. The room light was hitting his white yet slightly tanned skin, causing his features to stand out. He has a deep black eyes and scruffy blond hair. The top portion of his hair is spiked up a bit. On her mind, she wondered who could this blondie be. This blondie sure succeeded on attracting her.

Unlike when Kibum came, the reaction toward this blondie was different. No one seems to pay attention to him except for Naeun. She didn’t know why she kept staring at the blondie.

“What are you looking at?” Chanyeol asked while looking toward the direction Naeun staring at. He realized that Naeun was looking towards the blonde guy. But because it was strange why would Naeun look at him, he turned back and look into Naeun again. Confirming if he was true.

“Hey, Son Naeun. What are you looking at?” Chanyeol waved his hand in front of her face. Naeun gasped and stunned. “No, I was just looking at the sushi there.” Naeun said as she pointed a sushi bar near the entrance.

“Do you want me to get some sushi for you?” Chanyeol asked. Naeun eyes widen and her eyebrow raised. She then narrowed her eyes. She nodded at Chanyeol. ‘I don’t like sushi though.’ She thought. She then took a quick glanced at the blondie for the last time and went back to eat.

She took a deep breath as she was taking the sushi. She tooked the whole sushi one mouthful hoping to swallowed it without tasting it but failed. She chewed it quickly. Her face was getting weird as she chewed the sushi.

“Is it good?” Chanyeol asked. Naeun just put on a fake smile and thumbs up. Chanyeol smiled and told the guys to bring more sushi. ‘damn it, no more sushi please.’ She thought as she was trying to swallowed the disliked food.

“AH! Myungsoo, you’ve came!” Bomi shouted at the blonde guy who just walked toward Sinkyu’s table from the entrance. Naeun suddenly choked in surprise. She grasped her neck while coughing hard. “Are you okay?” Dasom said as she quickly handed her a glass of water. Naeun quickly took the glass and gulped every drops of water. She then tried to breath.

‘That is Kim Myungsoo??!!!!’

(note: pls mind my edit especially the camera lol, i just made it for fun. as someone who never touch photoshop, pls do mind kkk)

 


AUTHOR NOTE

A long chapter since I won't be updating this week because there are tests coming ><

Sorry again for the bad english (i hope it is understandable). I will update the next chapter around next week. 

Thankyou for reading! Please comment and subcribe! Those thing really liften up my mood :D (REALLY!)

 ↪ like for real, i really love when someone comment my story. It makes my day! 

also, any recommended song ? kpop or non kpop, anything is fine ^^

3ZYhm.gif