The Secrets Out

15 Wishes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You sat in homeroom, doodling pictures of horribly draw puppies in your notebook, partially from being a bad drawer and the other half of being bored. You herd the door open, not looking up, knowing that it was either another teacher or a kingaka coming in late to class. 

"Oh, you must be the new student." That caught you by surprise. You looked up, next to Mrs. Kang stood no way... It was Kim Taehyung! Your eyes widened. 

"Yes." He nodded and smiled. "Hello, I'm Kim Taehyung! I hope we can all become best friends!" Every girl in class sighing over him. Gross. Suddenly his eyes met yours. "Ah it's you!" He pointed right at you and laughed. 

"Oh you know her?" Mrs. Kang said as she looked at you.

"Yeah! She's my neighbor! Her legs like got super weak and then she left her phone and when she got it back, she left her clothes there too!" He laughed again. Oh please don't make it sound weird. Everyone in class looked at me and giggled. I looked at my best friend Hyeri and sent her a glare as she was laughing inaudibly. 

"Okay... Mr. Kim... We can't have you sitting by Dasom, she's going to distract you. Sit there." Mrs. Kang pointed to the empty seat next the Hyeri's. You just sighed and looked back down at your notebook as the teacher continued talking about boring stuff. 

The bell for the first half of class to be finished rang. I have to tell Hyeri, it's now or never... You got up and walked to Hyeri who was talking to Taehyung. 

"Hyeri." You said seriously. "Can I talk to you alone." She smiled and got up. 

"Yeah. Let's go. Bye Taehyung." She waved as she walked with me through the empty corridors. Finally we reached a place where no one could see us. 

"Hyeri... I-I... Have cancer." You made eye contact with her. She stood there shocked, mouth hung open. 

"Y-you're going to be okay right...?" You shook your head. A tear fell from her eyes. 

"N-no, the doctor said I only have three months to live..." Your voice trailed off, not being able to tell your best friend the bad news. 

"Why! Why! Why couldn't it be me! I don't want to lose you!" Tears flowed down yours and her face as she pulled you to a tight hug. 

"It can't be you Hyeri... You have so much to look forward to in life... I have nothing. I'm glad I'm going to die... But I'm not glad that I'll be leaving you." You muffled and managed to choke out. 

"Don't say that! Everyone loves you!" She cried even harder. You stood there silent, hugging her, for what felt like forever. She was the only thing in life that made you happy... But even with a great friend like her, it couldn't cover up all the stuff from your present and past. 

"Does anyone else know?" She asked as we wer

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter