Bucket List

15 Wishes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Your POV:

 

You felt your bones weaken as you limped out of the hospital. You just herd for your doctor you had bone cancer. You sighed and sat down on the near by bench. If it was diagnosed earlier, you would have lived, but now, your doctor said only 3 months left. A loud bark came from your phone. It was your ringtone. The caller ID: Eomma.

 

“So… how was your appointment hun?” You sighed and looked down, playing with the falling leaves.

 

“Uh… not good…” Your mother gasped from the other line.

 

“What is it?” She asked worried. “Do I need to pick you up?” You shook your head.

 

“N-no, you don’t need to, and its just bone cancer. I’ll tell you the rest when I get home okay.” You smiled like she could see you, to try to calm her down.

 

“Okay, but come home quickly. I want to hear everything. Bye! Love you!” She hung up the phone and you just held it in your hand. Three months… all of this will go away… all of the hardships… everything bad in my life will disappear. You sighed again as you got up and limped all the way back home.

 

You laid in bed, your mother sobbing in her room, finding out the horrid news. You looked up at the ceiling, so many thoughts went though your mind, and you couldn’t keep up. Then suddenly it hit you. You ran out the front door to the near by convenience store.

 

You walked inside and saw what you were looking for, a journal. You looked at all the different designs… until one particular one caught your eye. It was all white except for a kind of monkey like face was on the cover and blushing pink cheeks. You reached to grab it but because of your shortness, you couldn’t reach the shelf. You grunted and tried again. Not even your fingertips touched the top shelf.

 

You felt a shadow cast on you. A large hand grabbed the book off the shelf. You turned around and saw a guy with brownish-purple hair, not that big of a build, but wayyyyy taller than you. “Here.” He smiled, a boxy one, as he handed it to you.

 

You quickly bowed and ran to the counter, trying to get away from that guy, stranger danger! Not a good idea! You thought as you collapsed onto the ground, holding your leg. Great.

 

The man quickly ran up to you and grabbed your hand to help you up. “Let me help.”

 

“Thanks, but I’m okay now.” You nodded and limped the rest of the way. Next time don’t run, doctor said no running or putting pressure on the leg.

 

“Okay then. You’re welcome!” He said as he walked in the opposite direction, to the back of the convenience store.

 

“I would like this please.” You handed the man at the counter the notebook and he quickly scanned it.

 

“That would be 6,700 won ($5.90).” You pulled the money out and paid before leaving the store. As you were half way out the door, you herd a yell coming from the guy who just helped you earlier.

 

“BYE!” You turned around and he was waving to you, you just sighed and shook your head

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter