Final

I Like You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

8. He actually tells you.

 

You are at the tree you always sit under during lunch with Junmyeon. However, it's not lunch and Junmyeon is not here, which is confusing since he is the one who called for the meetup.

 

Tapping your foot impatiently, you glance down at your phone once more to check the time. He's already fifteen minutes late. Sighing, you fiddle around with your phone to make yourself look less awkward, but your mind is somewhere else.

 

Things have been a tad different ever since you spent the night at Junmyeon's where you might have heard a confession. You are definitely too shy to initiate anything, and it's very very annoying. The 'what if's are like pesky flies in your mind that you can't seem to get rid of. They are literally bugging you. (pun intended)

 

You want to tell yourself that it is just you and that you are hearing things. Sadly, you are not that much of a pessimist but you are also not much of a risk-taker. Your relationship with Junmyeon, whether friendship or something more, is definitely something to be treasured. You know that he is special, and taking that big leap is too much of a risk. You'd rather wallow in your 'what if's than lose what you both have.

 

It's like a battle in your mind, really. One moment you are telling yourself that he's just like this to everyone else, with his jokes and skinship. The next moment, you think that the twinkle in his eyes when he jokes and his lingering touches are just reserved for you. Ah, the struggles of a girl in love.

 

Your friends aren't much of a help either. Or are they? With Yoora and Sehun constantly hinting and pushing you to Junmyeon's way, but are they certain it's the right direction? Truthfully, the only thing keeping them from telling Junmyeon themselves is the fact that they want to see the look on your face when it happens.

 

"Jaera?"

 

You immediately break away from your thoughts to realise that Jongin is standing right in front of you. "Oh, hi Jongin," you greet him warmly. "What's up?"

 

He scratches the back of his head. "Um, Junmyeon hyung asked me to tell you to turn around."

 

Your eyebrows scrunch together in confusion, but you comply to his request anyway.

 

Oh, it is definitely not what you expected.

 

Lying before you is a long line of people (university mates, you believe) holding colourful balloons with Baekhyun and Kyungsoo walking over with huge, knowing grins plastered onto their faces. Chanyeol is lugging his guitar along, trailing behind them while throwing you his signature 'peace' sign. However, Junmyeon is nowhere to be found.

 

Suddenly, the students start doing a formation of sorts before letting their helium balloons fly off into the sky, adding some colour into the otherwise blue sky. The sea of people slowly part, revealing Junmyeon clad in his dark blue coat holding something behind his back.

 

With a snap of his fingers, Chanyeol starts strumming the guitar. Of course, this could only be followed by Baekhyun and Kyungsoo's melodious voices blending together to produce a gentle, lovely song. What is going on here should be blatantly obvious already, but the doubtful part of your mind tells you to chill.

 

Ju

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter