002

I Like You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

3. He leans in. Even if he can hear you perfectly well.

 

"We should get a gift for Jongin's birthday tomorrow." you whisper as Mr Lee drones on about the history of sonatas.

 

"What?" Junmyeon leans in closer.

 

You repeat yourself louder, this time and he nods in agreement. However, he doesn't revert to his original position and just stays close beside you. You can feel his arm brushing yours everytime his hand moves to take notes. It tingles on your skin.

 

Trying to concentrate, you scribble down more notes from the powerpoint. The tingly feeling has lessened a bit, and you reach into your pencil case for a highlighter, only to find that the only ones you have are all out of ink.

 

"Junmyeon," you whisper once again, turning a bit to face him. "Do you have a highlighter?"

 

"Hmm?" he prompts you again. It seems ridiculous how he can't hear you even though he is literally right next to you. "You're too soft."

 

"I asked if you had a highlighter."

 

"Here." he passes a bright yellow one and turns back to his book. Well, not entirely as his body is half-turned towards you.

 

The rest of the class is filled with you trying to act normal around him, much to your difficulty. Junmyeon doesn't seem to have any problem with it though, not even moving from his spot next to you. Something at the back of your mind tells you that he just probably likes skinship. Yeah, it could be it. He's even touchy-feely with the guys too. You mentally cross out the 'leaning in' boy tip from that article.

 

History of music is the last class of the day so the both of you wait outside the block for the others. You are scrolling through your phone while Junmyeon is reviewing his notes.

 

Suddenly, you get a text from Yoora saying that the rest of them are going to meet up at a nearby cafe you always hang out at. Since their class ends a bit later than yours, she asks you to go first. You text her back, agreeing.

 

"Oppa." you call.

 

"Hmm?" he lifts his head to look at you. You quickly avert your gaze to avoid his piercing eyes.

 

"Yoora and the rest are going to meet us at Kamong."

 

He steps closer to you. "What did you say?"

 

You blush. "We're going to meet up with the others at Kamong."

 

"Oh, okay." he nods, not stepping back. "Let's go."

 

He reaches out to grab your hand as you make your way to the cafe. Somewhere along the way, your fingers adjust themselves so that your fingers are intertwined. The thumping of your heart won't slow down until you reach the cafe.

 

The smile on Junmyeon's face makes you hope a little bit though.

 

4. Making fun of you and teasing. If he's trying to make you laugh, joke around, you probably know he likes you. Just treat any form of teasing as flirting.

 

The little bell dings as the both of you enter the cafe. The familiar coffee and biscuits smell invade your nose and you take a deep breath, savouring it. From the corner of your eye, you spot Junmyeon chuckling at you.

 

"How may I help you?" the smiley girl at the back of the counter greets.

 

"One caramel and one chocolate please, as usual." Junmyeon orders for the both of you.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter