Chapter 4 The Wind In The Winter

Infinity Lies

“Did anyone bring a laptop here? I need it now.” Yoon Hee asked.

L gave Hoya’s Mac Book to Yoon Hee and swiftly she put on her personal USB. The Mac Book then pop out an app that was created by her, she clicked on the app and logged into her ID then sound was heard.

“L, mind putting the window panel some shades? This is a top secret that we are now intruding.” She asked L to turn down the shades.

“What are you doing?” Sunggyu asked.

“We are now wiretapping.”

After they settled everything, the conversation was heard.

“Mr. Jung, that was close.”

“She couldn’t know that, that ring was the mighty Hwang’s family precious.”

“Mr. Jung what about the Infinite? They had been given the mission to steal the Pandora Heart right?”

“Indeed, but I have no news from Mr. Kim yet.”

The conversation then turned into awkward silence, so the eight of them went back to Sunggyu’s house. They were hoping that Yoon Hee told them about how she can easily put the wiretapping device on Mr. Jung.

Sunggyu’s POV

*Damn, the Pandora Heart incident was known by them.*

No One’s POV

“Mind if you telling us that how did you put the eavesdropping system on Mr. Jung? And you hyung how did you not tell us about the mission.” Dong Woo demanded the answer.

“Okay.” Yoon Hee replied.

Flashback

“L, do you bring any sharp thingy?” She asked.

L gave her one of his cufflinks that was a shape of a sharp spear. Then out of nowhere, she gets a black strap from her sneakers and links the two of it together to become a modern necklace. She then walks towards Mr. Jung.

*What is she doing? Is she insane?* Sunggyu thought.

“Hey you, over there, give me back my thing.” She walks over to Mr. Jung and said.

“What are you talking about, I didn’t have it.” He declares.

“That ring over there is not yours right.” She puts her finger on his crane and said.

That time, she slides down the cufflinks that was already linked by the black straps onto Mr. Jung’s walking crane.

Flashback end

Waves of gasp were heard from them, then, Sunggyu explained about the mission that he was deciding whether to tell or not. After knowing the reason why their hyung does not want to tell, they all gave Sunggyu a group hug. Just then, Yoon Hee cut off their bonding time.

“Hey guys, look what I’ve found. The mighty Mr. Jung was only using you guys to get the Pandora Heart.”

“What do you mean?” Sunggyu asked.

“Listen.” She gave Sunggyu the other side of the earpiece.

“It’s time Mr. Ma.” Mr. Jung said to Mr. Ma.

“What it’s time? You mean it’s time you move the pawn of that mission?”

“Indeed, Mr. Ma. It’s time.”

“So, if this is a chess plate, you the great Mr. Jung just used Infinite as the pawn to get to your glory?”

“Yes.”

Sunggyu’s knuckles turned white. He did not know that Mr. Jung had backstabbed them after what they did to him by implying their effort in the entire mission that he had insisted them to do. That night, they went to their dreamland with sadness and anger. Sad because their hyung after hearing what Mr. Jung said, he went to the balcony to sort out his thoughts. Anger because they were used by Mr. Jung and he had betrayed them. After everyone had fallen into their deep slumber, Yoon Hee went home after some word with Sunggyu.

“Can’t sleep?” Yoon Hee asked.

“Yeah, need to sort out something from my mind.”

“Mind sharing?”

“Nothing much, just thinking.”

“Well, don’t think too much, give you an advice, hatred does not make your life easier but miserable, don’t always locked up your voice, your friends and dongsaeng are willing to hear you. Think before you act.” She then went home.

Half past midnight, Yoon Hee was jolted awake from her nightmare. She went down to the kitchen to grab herself a glass of warm milk to calm her down. Yes, she had the same nightmare again. Witnessing her parents’ died in front of her. Yoon Hee went to the living room, switched on the stand lamp and look through the family photo album where it was place in the bookshelf. She flipped through the photo album; tears started flew down her eyes.

“Mom, Dad, you promise me that you will not leave me alone. You will see me until I married to the man I love, but now, you guys broke your promise.” She hugged the photo album and slide herself  down onto the floor crying with her head on her knees. 

The wind in this winter blew across the window and directly hit her face. She already cried herself to sleep. The wind had dried up her forgotten tears, whispered was heard from that wind.

“Girl, take care, we are now rest in peace in heaven. Don’t worry about us; make sure you forgive the people who kill us because hatred is a strong word to hold. They will be executed one day in the future so girl, forgive and forget.” The wind caressed her face and blew away her tears from her face and gone into the winter night.

Yoon Hee: (sobs)...

Polarlemon: (handing the tissue box for her)...I think, the interview is cancel.