Chapter 3 The Pandora Heart

Infinity Lies

The next day, the school was closed due to upgrading the school network firewall system, so, Yoon Hee stayed at home. She started to browse through some article that may attract her by using her Mac Book. Half way through, she came across the article about the Pandora Heart where the Kaito of the Jewel planned to steal it for centuries.

“Ring….ring….” The silent phone suddenly rings at Sunggyu’s office. Usually, only important mission make the phone in that office ring.

“Hyung, go and pick up the phone.” Dong Woo asked.

“Weird, the phone usually didn’t ring in midsummer, why now?” Sungyeol said while playing with his rubric cube.

Slowly, Sunggyu approached his own office, steadily; he picked up the phone that was ringing. The other side of the line spoke with a low tone.

“Hello, it’s been a long time, Mr. Kim.” That voice greeted.

“Indeed, Mr. Jung.” Sunggyu answered with a monotone.

“Infinite was been given a mission to stole the Pandora Hearts at the National Jewel & Diamonds Museum.”

“Why do we need to accept this mission?”

“If not, your family and theirs will be in great danger.” The line was then cut off.

Sunggyu’s POV

*Damn, first dealing with drug lords, and now burglar a museum, and hell its jewel museum for more.* How were we going to free from the almighty Mr. Jung? It had been years we were leaving like hell.

No One’s POV

Crashed was heard from the room. L got up from the couch with the rest of them marching towards the office room. Dong Woo opened the door and saw piles of book, papers, glass scattered on the floor including the table phone. Sunggyu was sitting on the armchair, closing his eyes deciding whether involving Infinite or took the case alone.

Yoon Hee received a message from her half brother Nam Woohyun about the royal invitation of the Oh family that had recently comeback from the United Kingdom. Furthermore, knowing Yoon Hee, she will not attend to any kind of royal ball, he emphasizes that there was no way to back out from that particular royal ball. Infinite too were invited. She never ever went to shop for gowns except running some errands, then, she came out from her nut shell going to the grocery shop.

Lights shine out from the noble mansion,

Modern carriage striding along the driveway,

Bodyguards were giving way and instruction for the guest.

Royal gowns and tuxedo was that night attire,

She was the only one with royal gown and sneakers.

The ballroom was filled with guest. In this mansion, there was lot of rare jewelry on display.  One particular jewel caught Yoon Hee’s eyes, and that was the Pandora Heart. 

Flashback

She came across an article about the Pandora Heart that was now at the National Jewel & Diamonds Museum.

Flashback end

Yoon Hee’s POV

*How can this be, Pandora Heart was now in this mansion?* is this a joke? I fished out my phone from my pocket and logged into my news app.

Pandora Hearts had been stolen by Kaito this morning but no one in the museum got the face of the Kaito. The information had not yet been leaked out so that no one knows about the Pandora Heart had been stolen. Posted by H

*Pff, only they know that this Pandora Heart and the one in Dubai is a forgery.*

Then, I put away my phone and look at the Jewelry in front of me; it was the fake Pandora Heart where that time was thrown into the sea by me after my parent’s car crash.

Flashback

That day, I was walking on the road back home. Just when I was on the road where 3 km left to my house, a car was crashed and overturned beside the lake. I walk over and saw my parents was covered in blood, their face was scar by the window pieces. My legs felt numbed that time, tears flew down endlessly from my eyes, that time I wish they took me away from the reality too. After the police have carried away my parents body, a sight of glistering shone across my eye, it was a pendant which they always said it The Pandora Heart. I picked it up and left the chaos scene.

After that, my neighbor accepted me as their half daughter, then, my parent’s funeral was held quietly. The Nam family also came to attend the funeral. After giving the flowers on my parent’s tombstone, I grabbed on my heat locket and went to the beach, and throw that piece of jewelry into the sea, and kept the real one to myself. It was because I do not want anybody in harm looking for the real Pandora Heart. However, there was a question that dangling in my head.

“Why does the murderer have the Pandora Heart?”

Flashback End

Someone must have found it in Dubai and that someone must have been an archeologist, or else it would not be in the museum, but they never actually encounter the real Pandora Heart. As the heir of Hwang family, that day, I threw the Sapphire Bluestone Heart Locket that was given by my grandparents, so it comes out they thought the necklace was really the Pandora Heart.

No One’s POV

Sunggyu was walking casually with the rest of the Infinite, just then Yoon Hee caught Sunggyu and Myungsoo’s attention. She was wearing a pair of sneakers instead of high killing heels. The two of them sigh and said something in their mind.

*She was one of the kind.*

However, the two cameos were left out by her where their attention turned towards the Pandora Heart that was box in the display glass.

Sunggyu’s POV

*Isn’t that the jewelry that Mr. Jung asked for it?* what is going on now? Doesn’t that jewelry supposed is at Dubai?

“Myungie, check on the hacker news app on this piece of jewel.”

No One’s POV

“This is the Pandora Heart that was been stolen from the Dubai National Jewel & Diamonds Museum where now it still being hush down by the people in that museum.” Yoon Hee said when L was about to browse through the news with his phone.

“Welcome everyone that has been invited to this Royal Ball or you can say The Pandora Heart Display. I, as the host of this display welcomed my guest to take a view on the famous jewel.” Mr. Oh gave the speech.

Suddenly, the ballroom enormous wooden oak door was been opened and coming in was Mr. Jung, the head of the gang Scorpio. Scorpio is the gang where they handled the underground business swiftly and killing someone without closing their eyes.

*Shoot, what is he doing here?* Sunggyu said in his head.

Yoon Hee scanned Mr. Jung up and down and something caught her eyes. His ring on his thumb caught her eyes. That ring was her father’s, symbolizes the Hwang family. That was a ring that Hwang family got their ancestor past down century by century, but why was that ring on his finger by now.

“L, do you bring any sharp thingy?” She asked.

L gave her one of his cufflinks that was a shape of a sharp spear. Then out of nowhere, she gets a black strap from her sneakers and links the two of it together to become a modern necklace. She then walks towards Mr. Jung.

*What is she doing? Is she insane?* Sunggyu thought.

“Hey you, over there, give me back my thing.” She walks over to Mr. Jung and said.

“What are you talking about, I didn’t have it.” He declares.

“That ring over there is not yours right.” She puts her finger on his crane and said.

“No of course it’s mine.” Mr. Jung said carefully afraid of being exposed by his own secret.

“Sorry, for the inconvenience sir or should I say Mr. Jung, anyway have a nice day.” She walks away with a smirk on her f ace.

*I’ve got what I wanted to know. Now, it’s the time to hear what you are going to say after this event.*

Infinite was surprised that she had the gut to start a conversation with the great Mr. Jung. They approached her while having Sunggyu was the first one starting the recruiting conversation.

“Hwang Yoon Hee, you are recruit by Infinite to be the second hacker in our team.” Sunggyu said.

“…”

“Well, as you can see our team needs elite in IT. Think about it and give me an answer. Here is my name card.” Sunggyu give her the name card and went away.

“Wait a minute; it’s my pleasure to be in your team.” She said and walked towards them and they left the royal mansion together.

Annyeong yeorobun, this is the interview.....

Polarlemon: Hello again, Yoon Hee sshi, I'm very sorry to hear about the lost of your parents.

Yoon Hee: It's okay, it has been a long time.

Polarlemon: So, what makes you think that Mr. Jung is the murderer? It's hard to say.

Yoon Hee: Well, he has my father's ring. The Hwang's family crest was engraved on that ring when the moment I saw it.

Polarlemon: Mind explaining, what is the Hwang crest looks like?

Yoon Hee: Ohh, it's my honor, the Hwang crest had a special italic H that blends in the sapphire and a picture of a blue serpent on it.

Polarlemon: Wow, that's unique, well let say, how about we ends our interview here. Once again, thank you for reading chapter 3 of Infinity Lies, Pls do comment .....