Sunbae is going crazy.

Just Bae

Jin was stomping his steps as he walked, like the hallway had done him wrong in the previous life.

Students who saw him approaching voluntarily backed away until they were pressed against their own locker. Jin didn’t spare anyone any look because: 1. He was too pissed, and 2. He was too embarrassed by the flying rumors of him being rejected by the new kid.

That never happened before. Ever.

          “You listen to me with your I’m-so-oh-innocent face!” Jin slammed his hand on Taehyung’s locker when the younger boy was about to close it. The poor boy jumped in shock.

          “Y-yes?”

          “What did you tell em, huh? What are the exact words?”

          “I don’t know what you’re talking about…”

          “You don’t know. You expect me to believe that?” Jin leaned in closer so he could be sure Taehyung noticed his dead glare. “If you didn’t go around telling people about what happened, nobody would know that you-” he glanced around quickly. “-red light-ed my offer and I… fell asleep.”

          “Just say you fainted, god,” Taehyung mumbled and fire ignited instantly in Jin’s eyes. “Sorry…”

          “So what did you tell them? Huh? And who?”

          “I told no one, I swear.”

          “Liar! If you didn’t, then who? There were only you and I in that room!”

          “There was the nurse,” Taehyung pointed out and Jin seemed confused by that. He took a step back and stared.

          “What?”

          “There were also two other sick kids on the beds next to mine. You… didn’t notice?”

          “No! O_O”

Jin loosened his tie and pulled out his phone. He typed something in real quick before he turned back to Taehyung, “You stay out of my sight, you.”

 

---

 

Namjoon dashed to the park as called. There, Jin was pacing back and forth near the fountain.

       “Oh, the crime scene~” Joon murmured with a relaxed grin. “Yo, dude!”

       “Good, you’re here.”

       “’Sup?”

       Jin raised both his fists in the air, gritting his teeth. “I need you to teach that kid a lesson. He irked me.”

       “What, like, kill him?”

       “NO!” Jin rolled his eyes. “That scary eyebrows thing. Do it.”

       “Ahh... you want me to scare him. Imma have to say no.”

       “Why???”

       “He… Look, you mustn’t direct your anger to the wrong person. He’s a good kid. Don’t ruin his high school life because of your mistake.”

       “I can do no wrong. I don’t know what you’re saying.”

Kim Seokjin flipped his non-existent long hair as he made his exit. Clearly Namjoon wanted nothing to do in this so he saw no point in pleading (not that Kim Seokjin pleads. Kim Seokjin doesn’t plead. Or beg.)

Namjoon watched his friend go in silence until he was out of sight before he shook his head in disbelief. You think being friend with Jin since childhood could prepare Joon for such attitude? You’re wrong.

 

---

 

Jin was mumbling as he walked to class the next day. He did this a lot recently—this mumbling—and to be specific, since the incident. He didn’t talk to his best friend since the fountain talk too because he was upset Namjoon no longer blindly took his side. Which was about time.

When Jin turned the corner, the sight of someone brightened his mood. And without realizing, he shouted for the person.

       “Hey, you who liked my pink phone!”

       The boy looked up and soon a smile appeared on his lips. “Hi~”

       Jin mumbled so cute as he ran up to him. “Gosh, I never see you around! This is your class?”

       “Ah, no,”

       “Liar. I just saw you coming outta there.”

       “I came to get my boyfriend’s wallet. He was already at the canteen so I-”

       “Wait, what?”

       “Yes? Oh, uh… wallet. Like this?” The boy showed Jin but that wasn’t what he asked about.

       “You said boyfriend. How? I’m still single.”

       “That’s kinda unrelated o.o”

       “But you said you like my pink phone!” Jin raised his voice and Namjoon, who was just around the corner, recognized it. He followed and stopped a few steps away so he could watch the scene without getting involved.

       The boy started to sense the accusation from Jin’s words and quickly defended himself, “I said it looked cute, Jin.”

       “Aha! You know my name! Did you stalk me? Bet cha you did!”

       “Everybody knows your name, dude.”

       “Don’t dude me. I thought we were connecting!”

 

Namjoon face-palmed himself from the distant—he, too, did that a lot recently. Jin and his we’re connecting line would never rest. Sometimes it even made sense, which made it sounded even more ridiculous.

       “I don’t know him.” He told no one in particular.

 

       “We’re not Bluetooth~ Haha!” The boy laughed but Jin wasn’t feeling it at all. He had enough with these twins keep dodging him like he was some kind of a disease. And not to mention the piling rumors of his ‘flying around like they own the airspace!’ – exact quote from the princess himself.

       “You listen to me, adorable newbie. Just because you’re charming and cute and there’s another duplicate of you walking around this school doesn’t mean you’re the . I am the . I am this school’s F4, you hear? Except, I’m just 1, which is, like, way cooler.”

       “Hey! What about me?” Jin’s one and only best friend butted in, finally.

       “Oh, hey Joon. You can be the side character. Anyway, back to this ,” He turned back to Taehyung’s taller, paler, more stylist and not single twin. “This is my red card to you, alright? From now on I’m going to destroy you.”

 

---

 

       “You can’t destroy him, Jin.”

       “Why not???” Jin whined. They had a free period and decided to crash the infirmary—just because he hated the nurse and wanted to annoy her and also there’s aircon in the room.

       “He isn’t what you think. You need to back down.”

       “Oh, right. As if I am going to do that.” He gave the nurse a dirty “I never back down from my enemy.” look.

She shuddered.

       Namjoon sighed. “You asked me to dig him up, and I did. You wanna hear?”

       “Aw yes!! Totally forgot! You work fast, man!”

       “Kim Seokjin,” breathed Namjoon heavily. “Being your best friend feels more like I am part assistant, part secretary, part hit man, part spy, part investigator, part referee, part slave and more.”

       “But isn’t that what best friends are for?”

       “I can dump your forgetful and go find a better best friend anytime I want, just so you know.”

       “Cool, but that new won’t be the school's most favorite person like me.”

       “You right.”

       “And oh my Mario, I said twice today, did you notice?”

       “Sure did. Well done, my friend.”

       “Thanks, ^^ So? What did you find? Who are those twins?”

Namjoon pulled out his notebook and flipped through some pages before he settled on one. But he gave the already-praying-for-her-life nurse a knowing look first and made she hurriedly left the room. Jin may not be a bully but Namjoon’s eyebrows most certainly are.

       “They are quite interesting.” He started. “The one you like, his name-”

       “Liked. He’s dead to me now.”

       “Yeah, yeah. His name is Byun Baekhyun. The other one you confessed to? Kim Taehyung.”

       “Why are their surnames different?”

       “That’s the interesting part. Their parents divorced when they were young and they lived separately since, hence the surnames. Kim Taehyung lives with his mother, a salon owner. Byun Baekhyun lives with the dad, a black op.”

       “Holy !”

       “Yes. Right reaction. That boy grew up with black belt and Hapkido champion title. He's basically a walking definition of can't-touch-this.”

       “Hell. What the , man? I almost peed my pants!”

        Namjoon closed his book. “For your own safety you can’t touch him.”

       “I know! >.<” Jin circled uncomfortably in his bed as he tried to come up with something else real quick. Sometimes his brain could work fast too, you know. Sometimes. “That’s so unfair, Joon!”

       “So that was an empty threat you gave him?”

       “Not really… I now have another idea.” See? Real quick. “You know what they say about identical twin?”

       “No,”

       “They are connected.”

       “ -_- ”

       “I mean they can feel it when one in pain or danger. So, like, if one gets stabbed the other one bleeds.”

       “You sure ’bout that? I don't think-”

       “Trust me, I googled it twice.”

 

---

 

Taehyung was sitting with his friend, Jungkook, when a shadow stopped in front of him. He sighed, expected to see Kim Seokjin’s exaggerate angry face when he looked up. However, he saw someone else’s face staring down at him instead.

       “Hi?” He flashed his usual rectangle smile but the other boy’s face remained solemn. Taehyung’s smile fade.

       “You’re the one?” The boy asked.

       “Which one?”

       “The one Kim Seokjin likes?”

The mention of that name gave Taehyung shiver down his spine. He’d probably have a nightmare too.

       Quickly, he said, “No, that’s actually my brother.”

       “Well, your brother told me the exact same thing.”

~___~ Taehyung mentally wished for his brother to choke on his own saliva every time he tried talking. That would stop him from lying to save his own . But that shouldn’t be too surprising since they had never been that close to one another…

       “I mean it. It’s not me.” Taehyung tried one more time. “See? We’re identical twin and most of the time people mistook us. My brother is more handsome and sociable. He gets adored more often than I do. And please don’t tell him I said he’s handsome… He's gonna be cocky about it.”

The taller boy seemed to be a little convinced by that speech. He watched Taehyung’s face and nodded afterward.

          “Alright.” He shrugged. “I’ll ask your brother one more time. You better not lie.” He pressed his finger against Taehyung’s nose and made a boop sound in his throat. He already turned to leave, but then Jin showed up and possibly ed everything up again.

          “Yo, Daesung!”

          “Taehyung.” Namjoon whispered from the back.

          “Taehyung- EH?!” Jin saw and thought that the tall boy was abusing Taehyung, so without a thought he dashed forward and high-kicked the boy in his face. The boy was sent flying to the side, all his lunch rushed back up through his pipe.

          “I-”

Jin didn’t let him speak. He pulled out his flip phone and slapped the boy with it twice before he dialed the principal office’s number.

See, the thing with flip phone is that it is way too robust to physical damage than touch screen phone. One time Jin tried hitting someone with his new smart phone, he ended up breaking it in half but the person’s head ‘wasn’t even bleeding’. So he reminded himself to always carry a flip phone with him at all time in case he wanted effective, immediate assault.

        “Whatchu think you doing to my boyfriend, you unwanted plastic bag?!”

BOYFRIEND.

He did not just say that!

Jin knew it was too late when he looked around and saw other students whispering each other about what he just let slip.

         “Oh, god…” He gestured his friend to follow him as he ran away. Namjoon was quick to judge and decided Taehyung must come along too.

Once they got to the basketball court where there were less students, Jin let out a frustrate scream followed by a series of the long-awaited cuss words.

Taehyung recognized the poo and the doughnut ones because he’d been called that before.

        “What have you done to me??!!” Jin glared. “I went there to destroy you, not to save you! But then I saw you so tiny and helpless and I couldn’t help but- Gosh, no, what have I done to myself? T-T”

        “Thank you for saving me…” Taehyung said softly in his throat. His deep voice made it so hard for Jin to stay mad at him for any further second. When Jin met his eyes and saw they were glistering with the light, he felt something. Taehyung looked so much like a wet puppy, and puppy is Jin’s ultimate weakness. So right then, at that exact moment he met Taehyung’s eyes again, Jin felt emotionally violated.

        “Don’t mention it…” He barely got the words out.

 

 

^^^^ thanks MonopolyTurtle again >< 

part 3 coming up soon~