Sunbae is overrated, love. Call me just bae.

Just Bae

 Psst, guys! ^^^^^ fanart by MonopolyTurtle!!! ❤❤❤

 

A girl was rushing from her classroom to the cafeteria, but because she was running too carelessly, she bumped into Kim Seokjin—the school’s main —and his drink spilled all over his shirt.

Everyone in the hallway stopped whatever they were doing or saying and turned to watch how the situation would unfold. Normally, when someone caused Jin discomfort, he would let out a series of failed cuss words (but sometimes they rhyme—people think it was because Jin’s best friend was a rapper so it rub off on him too) and the person would run away crying.

But today the princess slash diva seemed to be in quite a good mood. He motioned the girl to take off her jacket and she did. She handed it over to him and Jin used it to wipe the stain off of him. After a few moments, he looked up and raised his brows.

     “What are you still standing there for?”

     “I… I’m so sorry, again…”

     “I heard you the first time. I’m not deaf. Go on with your life.” He waved her off in annoyance. The girl took careful steps until she was far enough and started running away as fast as she could.

Jin was mumbling some insults but he was still calm and collected. After he was done wiping, he threw the jacket onto the floor and continued his way.

Everybody let out a sigh of relief.

 

---

 

“I heard someone spilled drink all over you this lunch break,” Namjoon perched on the edge of the table as his best friend peeking out the window for someone. “And I heard you didn’t give her hell. What is going on here? Who are you and what have you done with Jin?”

Jin glanced back and shot his friend a look.

     “I think it’s good, though.” Namjoon added. “Anyone with memory like you should stop insulting people. You don’t even remember their names for more than 5 minutes.”

     “At least I know their face.”

     “What if they had an identical twin?”

     “Is there anyone with twin in this school?” Jin gave his friend a squint waiting for the obvious reply. Namjoon thought for a moment and finally shook his head. “That’s what I thought.”

 

---

 

“Here, here!” Jin waved when he saw the new face + favorite hoobae of his showed up at the school fountain as planned. The boy had a shy smile on his face and he barely looked up as he approached Jin.

     “Good afternoon, sunbae.” He greeted lowly in his deep, honey voice. “What can I help?”

     “Oh, I don’t need help.” Jin couldn’t help but grin. He clutched his uniform jacket nervously while thinking of how to deliver his message. Namjoon had told him to write it down first and rehearsed it beforehand but he refused, and now he gravely regretted his poor decision. “Actually, I do. Hold this.”

The boy was confused when he saw the sunbae sticking out his hand. Slowly, he reached for it and held the soft hand with a racing heart.

What does this cutie want from me??

     “Good,” Jin blushed and surely, his handsome hoobae did too. “Now look away from my shoes and at my princessy face.”

     “Princessy?”

     “That’s right.”

Is that even a word?

The younger boy looked up as he was told. Immediately, he grew redder. His ears were literally painted red with shyness and he looked away again.

     “W-what do you really want, s-sunbae??”

     “I want you to stop calling me sunbae.” Jin tightened his grip on the boy’s hand as he spoke.

     “Then… what can I call you, sunbae…?”

Jin jutted out his lips cutely, acting like he was thinking hard when obviously he already had the answer.

     “Just bae.”

 

---

 

He couldn’t believe anyone was able to faint over being confessed to. But Jin shrugged it off afterward, because he was the princess of this campus and damn right people should faint at his feet when they know he liked them.

Namjoon called him asking what actually happened—since the news that Jin had confessed to someone and they fainted was told from one mouth to another until it became Jin had picked a fight with someone again and this time he was too angry he threw his pink flip phone in the person’s face.

Damn right again. Jin loved the attention, and he always appreciated the exaggeration from nosy admirers.

     “I told him to call me bae and he blushed so much he fainted.”

     “I think you broke him.”

     “I think I did.” Jin agreed shamelessly.

     “Have you tried turning him on and off?”

     “No, I’m just giving him some space now. I have a feeling my handsomeness is staining my life. I need to do something to reduce it. Do you think middle-part would do it?”

     “No. No middle-part hair under my supervision, Kim Seokjin.”

     “Then what should I do? What if my cutie fainted again after he saw this God’s perfect creation sitting by his bed?”

     “Move away from there. Sit at the nurse’s desk or something.”

     “I can’t. You know I’m allergic to woman species.”

     “Let the kid die in peace, then. Geez!”

     “Wait, ok bye. I think I just saw him breathe.”

     “What, he’s not breathing this entire time?!”

     “You get what I mean, !”

Jin flipped the phone shut at the same time his cutie hoobae opened his eyes. The younger boy flinched in shock and shot up from the bed upon seeing this vague sunbae still around. Jin almost laughed but he faked a cough and tried to calm his man in time.

     “So,” he scooted closer and the younger boy reflectively scooted back and almost fell off the bed. “Fine. Space. Jin murmured and laid back against his chair.

     “What did you do to me?

     “Yah, you're cute and all but don't you accuse me or imma slap you!

The boy opened his eyes widely at the sudden outburst, and Jin soon realized. He cleared his throat and flashed an apologetic smile at the younger boy.

     “Sorry, sometimes I get too emotional. Anyway, we were talking and then you fainted by yourself. For real. I didn't do anything.

     “Yes you did. You told me to call you bae.”

     “Aha! So you do remember!”

     “I... >.<” The boy was too embarrassed he grabbed the blanket and attempted to cover his face, but Jin was faster as he pulled the blanket away first. The boy was mad red again.

     “Don't you dare faint on me again, you... weak cheek cutie poo!” Jin face-palmed himself as he said that. He needed to learn better insult from Namjoon ASAP. 

     “What do you want from me, really?” The boy demanded. “They told me there's no bully here that's why I enroll. Why are you doing this? What did I ever do to you?”

     “Nothing, really. You just said you liked my pink phone and I felt us connect on a spiritual level.” 

     “That's not true. I've never spoken anything to you.” 

     “Yes you did, you silly doughnut. You told me that on your first day here.”

     “I didn't, I swear.” 

     “You're so cute when you're in denial.”

     “I think you're misunderstanding something here...” the boy was blushing again. “But it's okay. I can pretend it didn’t happen. You know… What you said to me earlier…”

     “No, honey, that’s not how it works. There’s no refund with Kim Seokjin, okay? If I like you, you're mine there's no back button. You haven’t been here long so I’ll forgive yo-”

Jin paused abruptly and snapped his neck to the boy, looking at him directly in the eyes.

     “Who. Are. You.”

     “I-”

     “ARE YOU NOT THE NEW KID????”

     “I am. Yes! New kid.”

     “Yeah, but like, not that new kid who told me he likes my pink phone? What’s his name again? Ugh! What’s your name?”

     “My name is Kim Taehyung. I just enrolled in class 1-A last week.”

     “Do you have an identical twin??”

Slowly, and dramatically, as if all the time in the world came to a freeze frame, the boy nodded.

And Jin fainted.

 

 

 

...to be continued

dundundun!!!! :D

I know I said countless times that fluff isn't my genre but I have so much fun writing this one and I hope it doesn't fail xD

I'm thinking of making this a two or three-shot but idk. 

What do you prefer? Let me know~

GIRL LET ME KNOW

 

Edited: I will turn this into a 3-shot :D

See u soon~