Finally, a Date!

My Family's Boyfriend

“Wait, we’re going here?!”

Eddy stared at the small restaurant.

“Of course.” I smiled. “Are you scared?”

“It’s so girly…” Then he gasped. “Wait, so this is a punishment? Because I didn’t take you out last week, we’re going into a Maid Cafe?!”

“Come on, the food is great.” I took his hand and forced him inside.

After being welcomed and shown to our table, I looked at the menu, but Eddy had no interest.

“Isn’t this fun?” I smiled. “Look, they even draw on your food! See, they can draw on your pancakes with syrup, or ketchup on your omrice, and you can choose to draw cats and hearts and…”

“I’m not hungry,” Eddy moaned.

I sighed. “Eddy, I’m sorry. Do you really hate it here?”

“He looked at me. “Do you really love it here?”

I sighed, and almost stood up, but Eddy said, “No no no, sit down. what do you want? What’s the most popular dish here?” He smiled at me and picked up his menu. As he scanned it, I could see that he became genuinely interested, seeing the different foods served.

“I always order the omrice.” I said.

“Oooh… I want these pancakes, and some hot chocolate.” I could see his eyes filled with excitement. He was starting to enjoy this. And I was happy that he was, even though I initially enjoyed it when he was upset.

“Okay, I guess we’re ready to order.”

 

After the maids happily drew smiley faces and hearts on our food, they surprised us with a cake. “Since you two are such a cute couple!” one girl, Saki, said.

But I could tell some of the other maids were attracted to Eddy.

As we dug into our cake, and the chef in Eddy analyzed its ingredients and deliciousness, some of the maids who forgot about their job began doting him.

“Would you like some more food?”

“Do you want me to feed you?”

“Let me wipe off your mouth.”

I knew that Eddy didn’t really like it, and that had practically began force feeding him, but I still grew angry at him.

“Let’s pay and get out of here.” I said.

“Can we get the bill?” Eddy managed to say, even though one of the maids tried to give him another spoonful of ice cream

.The girls looked at each other. “But…”

“Now.” I looked sternly at them and they walked away.

Saki, who turned out to be the manager, gave us the check and apologized. “I told them that not all the customers want that treatment, but they tend to do that a lot when it comes to dates, since they don’t get as much attention. I hope you two had a good time otherwise?”

I smiled and nodded.

“And I hope you still come by, Yuna. I always enjoy you coming.”

“I didn’t know you were the manager all these years.” I said.

“I just got that position last week.” she laughed. “It’s more work, but it’s more money. I like it. Well, have a good day.”

I waved and we left.

Once we hit the street, I growled. “I used to like them, too!”

Suddenly Eddy laughed, and I pushed them.

“Jealous?”

I huffed. “You were enjoying that attention, too.” I was paranoid. He hated it.

He laughed again. “You’re so red!”

“You like teasing me, don’t you?”

Eddy laughed again. “Why don’t you use that anger on them?” He pointed at a group of girls.

In that group was Natsuki, Risa, and Akira.

I stopped, and my mood changed from angry to afraid.

Eddy looked at me. “Yuna?”

I hung my head low so that he couldn’t see my face, out of habit. My hair was no longer long enough to cover it.

Then hugged me. “I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have said that.”

“It’s okay…” But it wasn’t.

They were getting closer, and I saw they noticed us.

“Don’t pay any attention to them.” Eddy said with a smirk.

He was gonna play with them.

I smiled back. Let’s do this.

His face was next to mine, and he whispered gibberish in my ear, and he grabbed my waist to pull me closer. I had to keep from laughing so I wouldn’t mess up the act.

I smiled without looking at the girls. I wondered what they were thinking. I grabbed his collar with one hand.

Then he started kissing my neck, and I literally heard squeals from the group.

“How could they do that in public! So disgusting!”

Then he said loud enough for them to hear, “Let’s go to my place.” He grabbed my hand and we walked right through the girls.

“That …” I heard Natsuki say as I passed, and I knew I had it coming on Monday, but at the moment, it felt really good to tease them.

So I just said, “Shouganai…”

When we were a block away, he said, “Do you wanna come to my house?”

“Sure,” I said. “I wanna see how big it is.”

“Oh, that’s what it is?” He pushed me a little. “You little gold digger, you wanted me for my money!”

“Wow, you finally figured it out!” I joked. “You’re not as smart as I thought!

“We can probably get there from here, but when you leave you’ll have to ride a train.”

“Okay.”

“I have a bunch of video games and stuff.”

“Sounds fun.” I smiled at him.