Are You Okay?

Are You Okay?

I sat with legs wrapped around his back, his legs beneath me and his hands resting on my thighs.
“Jeonghan?” I placed a hand on his cheek and his eyes seemed to focus on my face.
“You okay? You’re very quiet today.” I brushed stray hairs behind his ear and he leaned his forehead on mine.
“Yeah…yeah I’m fine.” It was a robotic response. He wasn’t fine.
“Okay.” I pecked his lips and nodded.
We both knew I didn’t believe him.

++++++

I happened to wake up early, before the sun rose. I found the space next to me empty. Walking into the living room, I found him sitting on the couch, chin resting in the palm of his left hand, staring blankly out the window at the grey skies.
I sighed and placed my hands on his shoulders gently. He jumped and swung his head around.
I saw the recognition gather in his dark eyes and he relaxed.
“You okay?” I asked again, hoping this time he wouldn’t lie to me.
“Yeah…yeah I’m okay.” He took one of my hands in his and placed a sweet kiss on the back of it.
“Okay. Want me to brush your hair? It looks a mess.” I threaded my fingers through the brown strands gently and he sighed deeply.
“Yeah…I’d like that.” He mumbled into my hand.
“Okay.” I placed a kiss into his hair and left.

The sun rose to me gently brushing out his hair while he sat on the floor and leaned his head on my leg.

++++++

I spent the whole day running errands and by the time I got home, it was close to 9. The house was dark and closed up for the night. I walked quietly to the bedroom and found Jeonghan laying down on his side, clutching a pillow, fast asleep.
I went about my nightly routine as quietly as possible. I bathed, brushed my teeth and changed into my pyjamas in the bathroom, not wanting to disturb him.
Emerging, I gingerly slid onto the bed, not ready to sleep yet.
I stared at him for a while, so peaceful and angelic.
“Why won’t you tell me what’s wrong Jeonghan? You are worrying me. So detached from the world, from me.” I his hair softly, speaking mostly to myself.
“Oh Yoon Jeonghan, you are a case. But you’re my case.” He seemed to shift a bit and I stopped his hair. He made a sleepy noise and moved his head to look at me through hair and sleepy eyes.

“Eun Mi?” His voice was husky and deep. It was cute.
“Yes Jeonghan?” I giggled and brushed the hair out of his eyes.
He slowly sat up and rubbed the sleep from his eyes.
“You are the cutest thing when you’re sleepy.” I smiled at him.
He cracked a smile and moved to sit next to me, his back to the headboard.
I laid my head against his shoulder.
We sat in silence for a few moments.
“Sit on my lap.” He patted his thighs.
I shifted and sat straddling his legs.

“You know I love you right?” He spoke in a whisper and pulled me closer by my waist.
“I know.”
“You know I love you right?” He asked again and slid his hands up and down my sides.
“I know.” I responded again.
“Jang Eun Mi, you know I love you right?” He dipped his head and spoke against my lips, but didn’t kiss me.
“I know, Yoon Jeonghan.” My breath caught in my throat.
He gave me a peck on the lips and I giggled.
“Thank you. For putting up. With. Me.” He gave me a kiss at every pause.
I smiled against his lips and he smiled back.
Giving me one last kiss, he moved away and rested his forehead on mine.

After a few moments, I let out a chuckle.
“And what are you laughing at, my love?” He gave me a strange look.
“If you think that little display of affection is gonna satisfy me, you are sorely mistaken.” I moved back and looked at him accusingly.
He laughed and yanked me closer by my thighs, my pants legs hiking up my thighs.
“Well then what will sate you?” He asked, his fingers slipping under my shirt to glide up my sides slowly.
“Well for starters, kiss me properly.” I slipped my hands behind his neck and pulled on his hair.
A moan mixed with a deep laugh passed his lips and I smirked.
“Oh you are going to regret that.” He looked me in the eye and bit his lip.
“Make me.” I twirled a lock around my finger and slowly pulled again.
Another moan escaped his lips and before I could yelp, he threw me back onto the bed and his mouth was on mine, tongues dancing.
Yeah…yeah he was okay now.