Promise

Promise

(Waya Waya- Sean Paul)

Some mornings, I hated that Jeonghan wasn’t an early riser.
Other mornings, I loved it.

This morning, I loved it.

I crept out of bed and grabbed my phone and earphones. I was in the mood to dance around. Placing the earphones in and selecting a song, I chipped down the stairs, shaking my hips.

Sliding into the dining room, I did some fancy footwork I saw Hoshi doing earlier that week and ended up in the kitchen.
My hand was getting tired from holding the phone. I scanned the kitchen and my eyes rested on Jeonghan’s favourite apron.
It was a simple thing really. Basic white with red flowers on the two pockets in front. It reached my knees when I put it on and I kicked to test my leg movements.
With no restrictions, I skipped till I found a song I liked and I spun around the kitchen.
With mostly improvised movements, I danced around the table.
Hopping onto the counter, I acted like I was rapping. I jumped off and salsa stepped back into the dining room.

Body rolling around the table, I imagined myself in a music video. I mouthed the words clumsily and posed dramatically at the end.

(Jay Park- The Promise)
Laughing to myself, I skipped to another song. I landed on a Jay Park song and smiled. Jeonghan loved to sing his songs around the house.
I went back into performance mode, lip syncing and dragging my hands along the table dramatically.

I loved his slow songs because I could always come up with dances on the spot. I danced over to the living room and sat slowly on the couch.
Improvisation was my forte and the couch was my dance space right now.
Smooth hand movements, trailing of fingers, quick leg movements and head turns made up my couch performance. I ended up singing some parts of the song as well.
 

I slowly got up and spun and spun and spun and suddenly I felt arms around my hips, steadying me. The song conveniently came to an end and promptly restarted.
Jeonghan removed one earphone, putting it in his ear, and began singing.

 
BABY I LOVE YOU
Nae maeum byeonhaji anha
Uri sarangi jamsi banghwangeul haedo baby
Himdeureodo kkok gidallyeojwo my baby
Sesangi nahante deungeul dollyeodo
Sanggwaneobseo baby baby
Neoman isseumyeon dwae

 

He smoothed my hair as he sang, pushing some behind my ear. His hand paused on my cheek.

 

So baby yaksokhae
Jeoldae an tteonandago
Baby yaksokhae
Yeongwonhi saranghandago
Baby yaksokhae bujagadoedeon eoryeowojideon
Duriseo haengbokhage neulgeogal su itdago
Yaksokhae baby yaksokhae oh please~

 

I closed my eyes and leaned into his hand. He began swaying from side to side.

 

Achime nun tteul ttae mada ni eolguri boyeo
Neomaneul saranghae jeoldaero
Nae maeum mollajumyeon andwae
My baby my girl
Sesangi nahante deungeul dollyeodo sanggwaneobseo
Neoman isseumyeon dwae

 

He leaned his forehead on mine and I stepped closer to him, his hair brushing my face. I wrapped my arms around his torso and placed my head on his chest.
I shivered at his high notes. I loved them and he knew it. I felt him take another breath.

 

So baby yaksokhae
Jeoldae an tteonandago
Baby yaksokhae
Yeongwonhi saranghandago
Baby yaksokhae bujagadoedeon eoryeowojideon
Duriseo haengbokhage neulgeo gal su itdago
Yaksokhae baby yaksokhae oh please

 

He embraced me and sang above me, voice filling the room. I closed my eyes and listened, entranced.

 

I insaengiran geol neo eobsi saneunge
Saneungeotdo aniya
Useul ttaedo nunmul heullil ttaedo
Hamkkehae my baby baby
Yeongwonhi yeongwonhi my baby

 

Another high note sent another shiver down my spine. Both his arms rested around my shoulders.
 

So baby yaksokhae
Jeoldae an tteonandago
Baby yaksokhae
Yeongwonhi saranghandago

Baby yaksokhae bujagadoedeon eoryeowojideon
Duriseo haengbokhage neulgeogal su itdago
Yaksokhae baby yaksokhae~~

 

His adlibs were heavenly and I couldn’t stop the smile that burst onto my face. He sang the last word into my hair and I sighed.

“Good morning to you too jagiya.” He placed a kiss onto my forehead and gave me back my earphone, releasing me and walking to the kitchen.

“I need to wake up early more often.” He called behind him.
“What with that preshow dance performance, how could I ever want to sleep in?” He winked at me and a horrified expression spread across my face.

His laughter filled the house and I had to smile.

I loved these kinds of mornings.