What next?

Here to Stay

“Oh my god, he’s so cute!” were the first words out of Zhou Mi’s mouth when Kyuhyun and Siwon walked into Kyuhyun and Zhou Mi’s apartment a few hours later.

Zhou Mi took the baby carrier from Kyuhyun, set it on the table, and unfastened the clips so he could pick Seojoon up. He then turned to Kyuhyun, his face going blank.

“Cho Kyuhyun what the are you doing with a baby?” Zhou Mi asked seriously, mouthing the word “”.

“It’s his,” Kyuhyun said with a malicious grin and pointed in the direction of Siwon, who had just sunk down into one of their kitchen chairs.

“WE DON’T KNOW IT’S MINE YET!” Siwon shouted and then let his forehead thump against the table in frustration.

“Well, first of all his name is Seojoon. He’s a baby, not a thing,” Kyuhyun elaborated, purposefully pissing off Siwon further. “And we don’t know if he is Siwon’s kid yet. We were just at the hospital getting a DNA test done.”

Zhou Mi bounced with Seojoon, who had taken to on his little finger. Zhou Mi occasionally cooed at him and in response Seojoon would just blink back up at him with his big, brown eyes.

“Soooo, how’d this happen? I mean, I know how he happened. But he obviously is a few months old and then just poof? Siwon has a kid? I’m confused,” Zhou Mi said and took a seat next to where Kyuhyun had positioned himself on their living room couch.

“Poof pretty much describes it. Siwon showed up to work this morning and Seojoon was there in his office with only a short note from his mother,” Kyuhyun explained.

“And what if he is yours, Siwon? What are you going to do then?” Zhou Mi asked.

Siwon, who was still sitting at their kitchen table with his head on his arms, started muttering to himself.

“No, no, no, no, this is not happening. He CAN’T be mine!” Siwon exploded, standing up and beginning to pace.

Zhou Mi gave Kyuhyun a quizzical look.

“But he could be, right? Isn’t that why he appeared at your office today?” Zhou Mi asked and Siwon just ran a hand through his hair in frustration.

“No, he can’t be mine. It’s not possible.”

“We’ll know for sure in a few days when the DNA test results come back,” Kyuhyun interjected, sensing an impending breakdown on Siwon’s behalf if Zhou Mi continued questioning him.

“What about in the meantime?” Zhou Mi asked.

“Did you get the things I asked you to?” Kyuhyun asked, reaching to take Seojoon from Zhou Mi. Zhou Mi nodded and stood up, going into the guest bedroom to get the supplies Kyuhyun had asked for earlier.

“I got a pack of diapers, baby formula, and a couple of bottles.”

“Good. The hospital gave us a clean diaper and some formula for us to feed him while we were there, but I think he probably needs changed and fed again soon,” Kyuhyun said and went to put Seojoon back in the carrier so he could mix up a bottle.

Siwon stopped his pacing and stood in front of the baby carrier, staring Seojoon down. He hadn’t held him or even touched him all morning, as though doing so would make this nightmare real.

“Is there any way you and Zhou Mi could keep him for the next few days?” Siwon asked Kyuhyun. “I’ll pay you and pay for anything you need to buy. I just don’t know anything about kids and you’ve had experience with your niece and nephew. Plus, I really need to get back to the office.”

The anxiety that had been obvious from Siwon earlier was gone and in its place was a sort of calm, probably numbness, to the idea of what was happening.

“What do you think, Mi? Up for some baby sitting?” Kyuhyun asked Zhou Mi who looked down at Seojoon, playing with his tiny foot.

“Sure. I can take a few days off and Ryewook can run the store so you don’t have to be absent from work. Plus, who can say no to this little guy,” Zhou Mi cooed as he tickled Seojoon’s belly and got him to giggle.

“Great, um, I need to get going,” Siwon said absently as he picked up his phone and jacket. “I owe you guys big time.”

With a quick wave Siwon was out their front door and on his way back to work. Kyuhyun and Zhou Mi were left with Seojoon, and after a bottle and diaper change, managed to rock him to sleep in his carrier.

“I’m going to call Ara and see if we can borrow her port-a-crib and some clothes. That way we don’t have to buy anything. At least right now,” Kyuhyun said as he dug in his pocket for his cell phone.

“Do you think Seojoon is Siwon’s son?” Zhou Mi asked as he watched Seojoon sleep peacefully in his carrier.

Kyuhyun let out a deep sigh and examined Seojoon’s face for any similarities to Siwon’s.

“I don’t know. It’s completely possible. You know what his track record with women is like. And I find it extremely difficult to believe that a mother would just leave her son in a stranger’s office. Why wouldn’t she just have taken him to an orphanage then?”

“But, what if he is then? Zhou Mi asked, the realty of what was happening beginning to really sink in.

“I don’t know, Mi. I really don’t know.

A/N: Just a short update. I wanted to get it done before the new episode of Criminal Minds came on (wrote and proofed in a half hour). Also want to say sorry, I at writing crack!fics. I'll try to get better. Also not sure if I am going to keep this chronological. I might, just because I hate the idea of being out of order. Thoughts?