Jealousy

The Boss

“Good morning”

“Good morn- …” Nari –the receptionist, paused for a second “… -ing.” She slightly surprised by the sudden visit of a stranger in the early morning. “Can I help you, ma’am?”

The woman raised her left eyebrow, looked pissed off. “Where is your boss’ room?”

Nari even get more surprised of the woman’s straight forwardness and quickly checked the monitor which was showing the CEO’s list of guest for the day. “I’m sorry, but I don’t think Mr. Oh has any appointment today.” Nari gave her smug smile.

The woman put her elbow on the desk and leaned closer to Nari and lowered her tone “I don’t need any appointment, just tell me where’s his office.”

Nari furrowed her eyebrows, finally showed that she was completely pissed off. “I’m sorry but-“

“Harin-a!”

Sehun who was just arrived jogged to the receptionist desk with a full smile displayed on his face.

“Good morning, Mr. Oh.” Nari slightly bowed to her boss.

“Morning, Nari.” Sehun cheerfully replied. “I have no appointment today, right?”

“U-uh … Yes, sir.”

“Good.” Sehun smiled and turned his head to the person beside him. “You came too early, but that’s good. Let’s go.” He said and rubbed the woman’s back.

“Okay, Mr. Oh.” The woman smirked at Nari before she turned back to follow Sehun.

And Nari, well, still completely pissed off. What on earth had happened this early morning? Is that oh-so-cold Mr. Oh Sehun finally have a girlfriend?

“Aish-“

“Isn’t it too early for cursing?” Yoonji grinned beside her. “Good morning, Jung Nari” She cheerfully added.

“Good morning, Yoonji-ya. I’m just having a bad mood.” Nari dropped her shoulders.

Yoonji frowned “and why is that?”

“Some random woman suddenly appeared out of nowhere in this early morning, she pissed me off and left with Mr. Oh” Nari blurted out.

“He did?!” Yoonji unconsciously raised her voice, knowing the fact that her boyfriend just left with a woman in the early morning. “Who’s that woman?”

Nari bite on her lower lip, tried to remember that person. “Well, she didn’t mention her name. But I think she’s not around our ages, she looks hot though.”

Yoonji’s furrowed brows get even worse because of the addition noun.

“She wears a black leather skirt, pretty y blouse and oh! She’s blonde.” Nari gave a detailed explanation about the woman’s appearance but little did she knew that the person in front of her was really boiled inside. “I don’t know Mr. Oh likes that kind of girl.”

“What do you mean?” Yoonji sharply asked.

“Well, when Mr. Oh came he looked so bright, and the both of them are so close. It’s pretty obvious that they’re dating”

Oh Sehun, you owe me a huge explanation.

***

 

Yoonji took a glance at her phone, looking at the clock. It was two minutes left until lunch break and heck, Sehun haven’t call or send her a single text –like what he used to do every single day.

Yoonji tapped her fingers on her desk furiously. Everything that Nari said this morning had been occupied a huge part of her. She already set a plan to bombard her boyfriend about that hot blonde girl.

“Lunch time, everybody!” Mr. Kang, the head of her department announced, followed by few deep sigh and sound of cracked knuckles.

“Hey Yoonji, wanna join us?” Jaera –one of her co-workers in the department asked.

Yoonji paused for a moment to think that maybe, just maybe that Sehun would ask her to go on a lunch date or something in any time soon, so she decided to reject Jaera’s invitation. “Well, sorry but I-“

Yoonji paused again at the moment she saw Sehun and a blonde girl in her black leather pencil skirt went out from the elevator while talking to each other like old friends, or more like lovers. “… I think that’s a good idea. Come on, let’s go! Hurry!” Yoonji quickly stood up and grabbed Jaera’s hand –wanted to disappear as fast as she can.

In the other hand, Sehun –who was in amusement on hearing Harin’s story about their uncle who was finally got a twin baby in his forties, slightly furrowed at the scenery of an empty chair on his girlfriend’s desk.

“Where’s Miss Park?” He formally asked to one of the employee who was still there.

“She just left with her friends, sir.”

She left already?

***

The lunch break was over and Yoonji was on her way back to her office.

Yoonji’s furrowed brows never leave her face that day, especially when she saw Sehun bid goodbye to that blonde chick.

In the other hand, Sehun was all smiley face when he catch Yoonji was walking alone to the elevator. He jogged to her side and he fortunately made it on the last moment when the elevator door was about to close.

“You’re late, Miss Park. The lunch break is already over seven minutes ago.” Sehun teased with a mischievous smile on his face.

But Yoonji just stood still, faced the mirror elevator doors with her cold expression on. She was just too pissed off to talk to Sehun even though she knew that she was deadly curious about that woman.

“Hey” Sehun fully looked at Yoonji. “Yoonji, babe?

Yoonji mentally scoffed in disbelief on her boyfriend’s behavior. He obviously just spent a great day with another hot chick yet still managed to like that.

“Are you … okay?” Sehun had one of his eyebrows up, finally felt something weird on her girlfriend.

The girl kept closed and just waited for the elevator to open its door.

“Hey, Yoonji what happened to you?” Sehun’s hand made it way to Yoonji’s shoulder, tried to turn her body but then the elevator rang in sudden, made the girl quickly walked out and left her boyfriend alone and completely confused.

***

Sehun sat on his chair alone, confuse and was sulking. He completely had no idea about his girlfriend’s weird behavior. As long as he knew, he didn’t do anything wrong. Or did he forget something?

Sehun has been checked on his calendar –the one on his phone, his desk, his computer, he even called the maid in his house to check the calendar inside his room but no, he didn’t miss a single thing. Then what happened to Yoonji?

Sehun swiped his phone and pressed a quick dial number 3 which was the one he installed with the number of his girlfriend.

Beep … Beep …” Sehun bit his lip in nervousness. “the number you are calling is not active-“

“Dammit!” Sehun massaged his temple and pressed another quick dial button on the other phone on his desk.

“Yes, sir?” The voice over there –his secretary, answered.

“Bring Miss Park Yoonji to my office, now.” His voice was bold and stern.

“Yes, sir.”

Sehun was about to rest his back when the phone rang once again, he immediately picked it up.

“Sorry sir, Miss Park is already left.”

“She left?!”

---

“You really put me in dangerous Yoonji-ya.” Mr. Kang sighed and he put down the phone. “What if Mr. Oh come and found you here?”

“Then you should’ve let me go for real, Mr. Kang! I already finished my works and you know …” Yoonji tried to find the best excuse so Mr. Kang would let her go. “I-it’s my time of the month … You know, I’m very … uncomfortable and it really painful, so I have to … go home, please?” Yoonji mentally slapped herself for used the worse excuse in the history of the worse excuses.

Mr. Kang sighed, took off his glasses and massaged his temple. “Go, quickly go go go!” he motioned her to leave the room.

“Thankyou Mr. Kang! You’re the best!” Yoonji grinned widely with her thumbs up and then she quickly grabbed her belongings and left the office.

***

Yoonji was laying on her couch, watched a drama on her TV while munched on a big bag of seaweed flavored chips –tried to distract her mind.

DING!

Her phone beeped and showed a new message and she unconsciously opened it.

From               :           Oh Sehun

Hey, Mr. Kang said you left early because you’re on period.

I’ll be stopping by, wanna eat something?

Yoonji mentally cursed. So Sehun really did come to her department and Mr. Kang really did tell Sehun about her stupid excuse.

She sighed and began to type a single word.

To                    :           Oh Sehun

No.

Yoonji was about to throw her phone when she remembered that he said he was going to stop by so she quickly typed another message but then her phone suddenly rang and made her almost jump in surprise.

Oh Sehun in calling …

Yoonji nervously bit her lip, contemplated whether she should pick it up and talk to him or leave it and let him come to her house. Her phone was still beeping, was like yelling for a response.

She took a deep breath and swiped the green circle but she remained silent.

“Hey, honey” Sehun’s soft voice made Yoonji’s heart beat increased because deep inside she did missed her beloved boyfriend despite the so not pleasured thing that happened today. “Are you sure you don’t wanna eat something hmm?” He added.

“No.” Yoonji shortly answered.

“Hmm that’s weird. You sure, babe?” Then Sehun went again with his various pet names, tried to act cool just like nothing happened between them.

“No, Sehun.” She let out a deep sighed. “And you don’t need to come.” She finally said it.

“Why? I haven’t really talked to you today.”

Yoonji rolled her eyes and took a deep breath. “I don’t wanna talk to you! Just go to that hot blonde chick of yours!” She blurted out and immediately turned off her phone.

***

The next day Yoonji found herself got pissed off way more than the previous day. After she blurted everything out on the phone Sehun didn’t even call her back, or came to her place, or greet her when they passed by on the lobby this morning.

“What’s with the long face, girl?” Nari asked.

“Nothing.” Yoonji took a sip on her greet tea iced latte –the both of them was having lunch together.  “Is there anything new today?” she tried to pick up another story.

“Well, nothing new …” Nari shrugged and she added “Except that blonde chick is coming again. Hot and dazzling, a perfect match for the cold Mr. Oh”

Yoonji clenched her fist in a super tight grip. “Really?”

“Yeah, I though Mr. Oh likes innocent and shy girl, like you for example,” Yoonji startled at the sudden sequential. “but who knows, our super cold Mr. Oh is just like the other men whose head over heels on some hot blonde grown up women.”

Yoonji unconsciously furrowed her brows when she remembered about a rumor which was spreaded a long long time ago, when she and Sehun were in college and the rumor said that the handsome prince of their campus only set his eyes on the noonas. A tear was about to roll down from her eye when Mr. Kang suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

“Park Yoonji.” He called.

Yoonji cleared and looked up. “Yes Mr. Kang?”

The older man took a deep breathe. “Mr. Oh wants you in his office. Right. Now.” He pointed at the last two words. “No excuses needed.” He directly added before left the girl.

***

Yoonji brushed off her skirt and lifted up her fist –ready to knock the CEO’s office door when the door itself suddenly opened, revealed the Mr. CEO himself.

“Come in” Sehun said in a stern voice.

“Wha-“ the word got stucked in Yoonji’s throat right when she saw the same blonde woman with her red lips and elegantly styled hair from the previous day was sitting at one of the black leather couch in her boss’ room.

Sehun stood beside her and the blonde woman stood up from her seat. “This is Lee Harin.” He simply introduced.

Yoonji just stood still and thought ‘what the heck is he trying to do.’

“She came from Canada, three days ago.” Sehun added and almost chuckled at his girlfriend’s stoic expression. He did understand that his girlfriend was completely jealous and so he decided to play a little game.

Sehun moved to Harin’s side and casually wrapped an arm on her shoulder. “We always together since we were little, we played every day and she often stay in my house when her parents were on business trip.” He continued the story with a smirk on his face.

“Oh, that’s interesting.” Yoonji sarcastically responded, she tried to look cool but Oh Sehun knows her better than anything.

“Yea, I remember when I used to cry when mom and dad left, but then Sehun was always there for me.” Harin added and a mischievous smile appeared on her face which made Yoonji got annoyed even more.

Sehun finally laughed a little and decided to end the game because he knew that his girlfriend was ready to burst up in any second so he moved to Yoonji’s side and sweetly s his arm on her waist.

“And noona, this is Park Yoonji. My girlfriend.” He finished with a peck on her cheek, made the younger girl shocked.

“Aww, you guys are so sweet. It reminds me of my husband.” Harin said

“Hu-hus-husband?” Yoonji stuttered and got more confused while Sehun just smiled.

“Yes, sweetheart. This hot blonde chick is already married and now she’s pregnant. That’s why she wants to meet me so her baby will be as handsome as her cousin here.” Sehun tried his best to not to burst in laughter.

“Ma-married? Wait, cousin?! Y-you … w-what … Yah Oh Sehun!” Everything were blew up her mind, everything were like spun over her head, about her stupid theory of who is the hot lady who stole her boyfriend’s attention from her, about her stupid thought of Sehun cheating on her and it all turned up just to be her stupid jealousy.

“We want you to join us on lunch yesterday but you already left.” Harin explained, made the younger girl mentally cursed herself for her stupidity and jealousy. “I told Sehun that you might be angry because he didn’t introduce me to you but then he said that he has an amazing sweet girlfriend who surely will understand. I guess he’s right then.”

Yoonji bit her lip and a pinkish tint spread over her cheecks. “I’m sorry, unnie”

And Sehun wasn’t able to hold his laughter any longer.

“It’s okay.” Harin softly smiled. “I have to go now. See you, guys!”

“Let me walk you down, noona.” Sehun said

“No need, hun. You better stay here.” Harin winked as she walked to the door, left the couple in a complete silent.

The both of them were just stood still. Yoonji played with her fingers and darted her eyes on everything but Sehun, she was still dumbfounded and didn’t know how to react. And Sehun in the other hand tried his best to not laugh.

Then Sehun cleared his throat “So, my girlfriend is still jealous now?” Sehun nudged and .

Yoonji pouted her lips, turned to face him and began to throw some punches on his arm.

“I hate you I hate you I hate youuuuu!!!” She squalled but her punches got weaker when Sehun wrapped both of his arms on Yoonji’s waist and pulled her closer with a deary smile on his handsome face.

“So,” Sehun looked deeply on her eyes. “Can I come over tonight?” he playfully asked, caused the girl to pout hard.

Sehun chuckled and places a kiss on Yoonji’s head as he muttered

“cute”.

-------------------

Another update!

It's been a long long time tho, hehe.

Sorry about the errors. Enjoy!