XIX: Awkward//So We Meet Again

☄mystique (everything is Unexpected)

 

Cheon Eun POV

“Where do you want to go first?” Hoya asked me as we entered Lotte World.

“Anywhere,” I replied, checking out the park.

“Well...how about a roller coaster?” he suggested. I nodded and he looked at the directory to see which ones where there. “Do you want to go on...the French Revolution? It’s not too far from here,” He pointed at the map. The ride didn’t look too bad from the diagram.

“Sure,” I shrugged. We began walking towards the ride. The atmosphere was pretty awkward, as apparently both of us were one of the quietists in our groups. And once we reached the ride, the line wait was 20 minutes. So, even more awktime. Let’s count how many times I use awkward in this minute. One...two...three so far.

My phone buzzed with a new message, which interrupted my thoughts. I opened it and read:

Unnie! How’s your date? ;D Make sure to have some skinship with him kekeke!

~Hanri

Well, that’s not awkward at all. Four.

Shushums. It’s very awkward here.

I sent the message. And there goes five.

“Who’re you texting?” Hoya suddenly wondered aloud.

“Just my bandmate,” I replied.

“We should be talking more, we’re boring the fans watching us,” he chuckled a bit. I smiled at his little remark.

“Aigoo, okay. What should we do now?” I asked.

“Let’s talk to some of our fans,” Hoya grinned before turning to two young girls behind us. “Annyeong!” He waved at her.

“Omo!” she blushed and covered her face. “Annyeong!” she squealed.

“Loosen up, Sang Eun-ah!” the girl next to her removed her friend’s hands from her face. “Annyeong! Sorry for her being so shy. She’s a really big Inspirit! Like, she has pictures of all of you all over her room.”

“Shh Ryanghee-ah! Don’t embarrass me,” Sang Eun whined.

“Aw, you shouldn’t feel that way,” Hoya ruffled Sang Eun’s hair, which made the onlooking fangirls coo and Sang Eun turn a darker shade of red. “Do you guys know this girl?” He pointed to me.

“Hmm...no, sorry,” Ryanghee shook her head, which for some reason made me feel a little bit disappointed.

“Is she your girlfriend, Hoya-ssi?” Sang Eun asked, which made me flush red in embarrassment.

“Ani, ani, she’s Ruby from Mystique. They debuted a few weeks ago, you don’t remember them?” Hoya replied a little awkwardly.

“Ah, sorry,” Sang Eun and Ryanghee bowed.

“Oh, no need to do that,” I laughed a bit. After making a bit more small talk with them, we finally made it to the front of the line. From here, the ride looked so much more intense.

“Make sure to hold on to oppa during the ride,” Ryanghee whispered from behind. I felt my face heat up. Finally, we were escorted into the seats of the coaster. I scooted inside and Hoya sat next to me while the two girls filed in behind us. The cameraman attached a mini camera in front of us so that he could record us while we were on the ride (and while I’m probably screaming my guts out.)

“Are you scared?” Hoya asked curiously.

Psh. Me. Scared? I mean, I’m a spy for crying out loud! I wouldn’t be scared of this...creepy-looking ride ahead of me.

“Of course not,” I scoffed. “This doesn’t look that bad.” Suddenly, the ride jolted forward, making me doubt my words. I gasped in surprise and clutched onto the bar in front of me. Thankfully, we submerged into darkness so Hoya couldn’t see my anxiety.

“Aigoo, I can’t see anything,” Ryanghee muttered. “Sang Eun, stop shaking!”

“B-but I hate the dark...” she whined. “Omo!” I felt the coaster starting to ascend. “This feels so scary!”

“Please, I’ve had worse!” Ryanghee replied.

“Ruby-ah, you scared yet?” Hoya asked again.

“Uh...” I trailed off, unsure of my answer.

“See! I’m not the only one!” Sang Eun hissed.

“I never said I wa-AHHHHHHH!” I couldn’t finish my sentence as suddenly the ride dropped forward. I screamed and grasped the bar even tighter as the ride kept on accelerating. After encountering several more drops, we entered a colorful room with neon lights circling around the ceiling. And then the coaster looped upside down.

“WAHHH I’M GONNA GET SICK!” I heard Sang Eun cry amongst the other thrilling shrieks. A few moments later, we slowed down a bit. I turned to Hoya, who seemed to be doing alright.

“So, not scared, huh?” he teased and motioned towards my hands, which were holding on to the bar so tightly that my knuckles turned white. I didn’t get to reply again as the ride dipped down brutally once again. I tightened my grip on the bar even more if that was possible and screeched again. Finally, the ride slowed down and we reached the exit.

“Ohhhhkay, that was w-worse than I t-thought,” Ryanghee mused in between heavy breathing.

“Omo, Ruby-ssi, are you okay? You’re so pale,” Sang Eun noticed as we got off the ride.

“Yeahhhh....I think...” But as I hopped off the coaster, I tripped over the edge. Fortunately, Hoya was in front of me so I ran into him instead of the floor. Unfortunately, I found myself clinging onto waist to support myself. Awkward, right? Funny thing is, I felt my heart accelerating with the contact between us. Well, this is a first. I heard Ryanghee and Sang Eun giggling in the background, and then I realized that I had been holding on to him for a little too long.

“S-sorry!” I quickly let go of him and straightened up. I tried avoiding his gaze in embarrassment and just stared at the floor.

“It’s fine. You okay?” he asked. I quickly nodded, still jittery over the coaster and the previous incident. “Alright then, let’s head out and see what else we can do.” He began walking towards the exit while us three girls followed behind.

“Ah, unnie, I saw what you did there,” Sang Eun whispered into my ear.

My face must have turned really red because soon after, Ryanghee added, “You like him, don’t you?”

“What? N-no!” I stuttered, feeling my face warm up even more.

I think I was a little too loud because Hoya turned around. “Is everything alright?” he asked us.

“Oh, we’re fine, oppa, we’re just fine,” Ryanghee assured. He gave us a weird look but then turned back and continued walking out.

“I won’t be surprised to see you two together in the near future,” Sang Eun winked.

Oh sure, we’ll see about that.

 

So Eul POV

After what seemed like days of us losers just walking around in the parking lot (and Sunggyu and I having a diss-off) the 3 couples FINALLY came out.

“Welcome back!” Mihyun clapped. “How was it?”

“AWESOME!” Sungyeol and Iseul jumped around.

“Pretty cool,” L and Hye Su added.

“It was nice,” Hoya agreed. I saw Cheon Eun an awkward distance away from Hoya and made my way towards her.

“Gee, what took you guys so long? Did you actually have fun or something?” I hissed into her ear.

“We weren’t there for that long, unnie,” she muttered.

“And why is your face red, huh? Something happen between you two?” I motioned towards Hoya.

“N-no, I just went on a bunch of roller coasters,” she bit her lip. I didn’t buy it but decided not to press her any further.

“Alright, guess we’ll have to wrap up the filming for today. Everyone, say bye to the camera!” Mihyun smiled and waved. I put on my brightest, fakest enthusiasm around and waved at the camera. As soon as he put it down, I went back to my original face.

“Well, that was fun, right?” Mihyun sighed. Half of us nodded, half of us ignored her. “Well, the cameracrew and I will be heading out now. Your managers should be here in a few moments. Mystique, I hope you guys enjoyed your first variety show.”

“DEFINITELY!” Iseul and Hanri burst. I rolled my eyes.

“So hopefully I’ll see you all around again! Bye for now!” Mihyun and the rest of the staff began proceeding to their van, leaving the 14 of us in awkwardness. Well, except for the loud Dinosaur and Fanservice couples that were playing the mandu game.

“So, did you have fun today, Haneul?” Sunggyu turned to me.

“Heh. As much fun as you did,” I smirked, meaning none.

“Actually, I did have an interesting time today,” he chuckled.

I raised an eyebrow at him. “Oh really? No wonder your life . You have nothing better to do,” I chided.

“Hey, that’s a gift, to be able to make the most out of your time, even though it’s still wasteful,” he retorted. I opened my mouth to spit a comeback, but closed it as I stood there in thought. Well, the idiot did make a point there. “See? Told you,” he replied with satisfaction.

“So you’re saying you like hanging with me, huh?” I chortled.

His gloating expression was replaced with a shocked, sort of troubled one. “Psh. Never,” he scoffed.

“Yeah, yeah, whatever. It’s not like I like being around you either,” I rolled my eyes. From the corner of my eye, a black van pulled up onto the parking lot and stopped in front of us. It certainly wasn’t ours, so I guessed it was Infinite’s. But then the car door opened and out came....Primadonna.

For goodness sake, why now?!?!?!

“Hey guyssssss!” Mikki slid the car door open. “Your manager’s here to...woah!” She tumbled out of the car and stood up face to face with me.

Or more like face to chest because there’s a 12 centimeter height distance between us. Awkward.

“What are you guys doing with oppas?” “Ew, not them!” “Get away from us!” the rest of the girls stepped out and whined upon seeing us.

“We were just waiting for our manager,” Cheon Eun rolled her eyes.

“Yeah, but you don’t have to cling to Infinite like that. What, are you trying to get attention or something?” Khloe sneered.

“After spending a whole darn afternoon with them you think we’re still begging for cameratime?” Jihae spat back.

“Wait, what?! You spent a whole afternoon with them here?” Eun scratched her head.

“Yeah, we were filming Birth of a Family here,” Hanri shrugged.

“You guys allowed these...these morons to hang out with you guys?!” Jewel shrieked. Elise balled up her fists but Hye Su pinched her, making her loosen up.

“How could you?!” Khloe gasped like it was the most betraying thing ever.

“Yeah! How could oppas go to Lotte World without us?!?!?!” Christal whined and began stomping her feet.

 “So, what are you guys doing here?” I asked them.

“Well, our company allowed us to take a break today so we wanted to come here. Infinite’s manager drove us here so that he could pick the boys up. But I didn’t think we’d run across you guys, or else we would’ve gone somewhere else,” Jewel sneered. I gritted my teeth and narrowed my eyes at her as we exchanged a staredown.

“Uh...” Sunggyu’s voice snapped me out of it. “...what’s going on?”

“Yeah, I mean, I didn’t know you guys....knew each other,” Woohyun added on.

“Well sadly, we do. These girls are such disrespectful and rude people,” Mikki remarked.

“Say that again,” Iseul threatened menacingly as she looked down at her. Mikki looked up and locked eys with her and I saw her gulp. Hahaha.

“Hey, hey, hey, break it up, guys,” Sungyeol came in between them. “Calm down, we don’t need to get personal here.”

“Tell that to them,” Ella snapped.

“Yah, come on. There’s not that bad,” Sungjong replied. Mystique’s anger-filled eyes softened, including mine (just a tad bit). On the other hand, Primadonna’s eyes widened in shock. BWAHAHAHAHA.

“W-what do you mean they’re not bad?! You haven’t experienced how they really are off camera!” Christal complained.

“Well we’re not as fake as you guys are around Teen Top!” Hye Su blurted.

“Excuse me?!” Khloe yapped.

“STOP IT!” Sunggyu suddenly hollered. The girls’ mouths shut, their eyes reflecting surprise and a bit of fear at his hostility. He sighed. “Alright, guys, I didn’t mean to yell. I just think there’s no point arguing like this over nothing.” Jewel’s mouth opened to protest but Sunggyu lifted a finger at her. “No, don’t say anything. Let’s just move on and forget about this, okay? We don’t want to attract a crowd towards us and see ourselves on the front of the newspaper fighting like this. Now, Primadonna, go and have fun. Mystique, just keep waiting for your manager. The boys and I are leaving now and I don’t want to hear a word of quarrelling again. Understood?” We all just stared at the ground and did nothing. “I said, Understood?!”  he repeated again with more force in his voice. Hesitantly, we all nodded. “Good. Let’s go.” The rest of the boys entered the van. Sunggyu was about to when Eun grabbed his wrist.

“Thanks for saying that, oppa. I’ve been trying to tell them to calm down but they won’t! At least they listen to you,” she said thankfully.

“Well, then, maybe you should be the leader,” he joked. Jewel stuck her tongue out at him.

Eun laughed. “See? Listen to Sunggyu-oppa~” she hugged his arm and he smiled. My stomach lurched at the sight. What are you doing to him?! Why is he smiling at her?! Do they have a thing together?! Wait, why do I care?!  I mentally facepalmed myself.

“HYUNG! HURRY UP! I NEED TO PEEEE!!!” someone (I’m guessing Sungyeol) shouted from inside the van.

“Okay, okay. Bye guys!” Sunggyu hopped in the passenger seat and slammed the door shut. He waved to Primadonna (which made us scoff), waved to my 6 groupmates (which made Primadonna scoff—haha) and rolled his eyes at me. I folded my arms across my chest and shot him a glare as the van drove off.

“Well, enough watching you guys trying to take our oppas away from us. Let’s go, girls!” Jewel piped up. I shifted my glare to her and we had a showdown once again.

“Don’t bother, unnie,” Eun grabbed her arm and walked away.

“I’m watching you,” Jewel hissed at me. I rolled my eyes.

“HURRY UP! I WANT CANDY!” Christal jumped up and down in front of Jewel, and that was the end of Primadonna for the day as they entered the park.

“UGH!!!” all 7 of us groaned at them.

“I swear, if they’re gonna keep on getting in the way of our mission like that, I’ll just take them down first!” Jihae snapped.

“I’m with you,” Hye Su nodded.

“Me too,” Cheon Eun added.

“Me three!” Iseul chirped.

“Wait, no, that’s four,” Hanri scratched her head. “But whatever. Same here!”

“And here!” Elise continued. The girls turned their eyes to me, waiting for a response.

“Oh please. Definitely,” I sneered.



 

Who wants to count how many "awkwards" there were in here? LOL I didn't have another word to describe the atmosphere.

And yeah, this was supposed to be 2 separate updates, but I mashed them into one just because I want to apologize for updating so late :(

BUT HEY. WHERE DID THE REST OF YOU GO?! Only a few of you commented, which is nice, but the others have disappeared T^T

Anyway, I'm getting more and more motivation from my new subbies now, so I'm happy^^ Teehee. Also, I opened up a new shop! Check it out here:

 

sʜʏ ᙡᗩᖇᖇᓰᗢᖇ 's Title and Plot Shop ツ