Chapter 5

cold-blooded

 

''Where the hell is my body?''

 

Compare to talk about how hot we were, I am more aware on my physique.

 

Minhyuk and Jaehyo which were sitting on the couch rolled their eyes. Jaehyo released a sigh. I raised my eyebrows, questioning.

 

''Ask your blood, it’s not like it was US who changed you?''

 

''It was YOU! YOU YOU YOU! You shouldn't activate my Vamp blood!''

 

Minhyuk gave an intense gaze on me. A sharp gaze, that could stung. Its enough sending me shiver down my spine. I should not pick up fight words by this time.

 

''If mom heard this...'' said Jaehyo, while his hand keeps messing with his cell phone.

 

If mom heard me, I would die.

 

''AHH!'', the deep bruises on my hand. That Woo Jiho, he planted his sharp, scary nails on it. The bruises stung my nerves. Blood started to drip from it. The effects came late.

 

Jaehyo and Minhyuk lifted up his eyes on me. Surprised by my sudden groan.

 

Minhyuk took my wrist and look through it. Than I could see his brows shrunk.

 

''Haven't heal yet?''

 

Jaehyo seems shocked. He stood up and came to me. Looking through my wrist.

 

''Of course it won't heal shortly; this one will take maximum a week to recover!'' I blasted, it's a general knowledge! Who don't know that!

 

''Shut up''.

 

I shut my mouth off when Jaehyo ordered me to. He's too strong. Brothers exchanged their glances than gave a stare on me.

 

''It should have healed by this time-''

 

I smirked. Pfft. We're not Vampire anyway~

 

''It should be healing by tomorrow, just sleep-'' said Jaehyo. The brothers went to the door and shut the light off.

 

''-and don't, go, anywhere!''

 

Woah~ Sure~ Fine~ Easy guys~ Easy~

 

 

*****

 

It’s even painful when it touched with water. The bruises, it wasn't bloody anymore, but it did hurt badly.

 

Just finished my shower. Heading to my closet, taking my school uniform. Urgh... Its beggy. I wrapped myself a sweater so that it would not look oversized. I took my black scarf and wrap it around my neck.

 

As usual, taking a glance on my mirror. Urgh.. Diyoung-ah, are you a living dead? I looked real . I know I've become pretty and gorgeous and so whatever, but with this pale and cold texture skin of mine, people would easily mistake me with diseased girl. Anaemia- Leukimia- Vampania-

 

Why my physique did looks different with my hot brothers?

 

*****

 

''Youngie, how's your wrist?'' asked Jaehyo. We were on our way to school.

 

''It still hurt though''.

 

My answer stopped the brothers' steps. Minhyuk took my hand and observing it. I could see his face saying like last night, 'it-should-have-heal-by-now'.

 

''We're Vampanese, our body have their ability to recover quickly from injuries'', explained Minhyuk. I was quite surprised on his words. Woah, we were also like a Vampire~

 

I smirked, ''Lie~ If not, it should have healed by now''.

 

They looked on me.

 

''Did you drink anything?''

 

''...water?'' I just drink water since last night. Since I looked sick. But I wasn't.

 

''No, I mean... our main beverage?''

 

I wrinkled my forehead. My main beverage is... water. What do you mean by 'main' beverage?

 

They sighed. Minhyuk leaned closer to my ear and whispered ''...blood?''.

 

B-BL-BLOOD?

 

I widened my eyes. I was quite taken aback by his words. I didn't answer him. I know I have said blood tasted nice, and I was craving for it badly, but HELL! I would not take it, EVER!

 

''She didn't take it, that's why it takes time to heal'', said Jaehyo. Minhyuk sighed.

 

*****

 

''Huh? You expect me to drink IT? I know I've acted wild last night, due to hunger for it, but... You know what, I am happy living like before, rather than this, this pretty, cold, pale physique, like YOU. And YOU, have no right on keep ordering me to do this and that, I have my life!''

 

For the first time in my life, I gave a lecture to my two brothers... when they ordered me to drink that so-called-main-beverage. They said it is to heal my bruises quickly. Pfft, I know it could heal quickly. But hey, I am already disagreeing about the fact that I am a Vampanese. Do you expect me to act like one??

 

It was like a huge blow on brothers. I know it hurts, but it's my life, I decided for it.

 

I walked away from my brothers. But there's a force that stopped me from walking.

 

''Jaehyo brother, let me be my own''.

 

Than the forces felt free again. I know it was Jaehyo’s work. And I continue to walk away again, leaving them behind.

 

*****

 

I feel like to go the backyard of the school. I don't know, but my intuition asked me to do so. It’s like there's a force pulling me there.

 

It was the school backyard. It was a nice place, with a small pool landscape, with a nice blooming garden, added to birds’ chirping sound and gentle breeze hitting on it, what a lovely scene.

 

There's a lot of benches on it, for students to study, or relaxing.

 

I went to one of the benches, the one that facing the river. Very nice.

 

I saw something, lying on the bench. Someone... sleeping there. But it didn't stop me from walking to it. It feels like there is something connected between it.

 

That person, also a student of our school, specifically a guy, wearing our school uniform, with an orange scarf wrapped around his neck, well, its cold season anyway. And of course with his glasses on his eyes. No other than, Woo Jiho. Pfft, you’re a Vampire; you still can feel cold too?

 

But strangely, rather than fear, I could feel a gentle and calm soul near me. A nice and beauty soul. I smiled unconsciously. Now I realised, this is the beauty of a Vampire.

 

I didn't realise that I was observing him, very close. Close enough that my hand, without further discussion on my mind, reached his hair; his soft and dark brown hair. My eyes ran down his face; his white and pale face, flawless. I chuckled a little. Your skin is very pale too huh? You didn’t consume your ‘main’ beverage too?

 

All of a sudden.

 

A hand snapped my wrist. I gasped loudly. My heart beats in fear. I held pain and fear together, slowly and carefully, peeked to his eyes.

 

It’s opened! His awake!

 

“What a brave girl~”.

 

*Due to my laptop sickness, I update a little too late. Sorry (BOW) XD