Strike!

My life...with VIXX..

Lin and I were both really excited because of our upcoming vacation in America. We packed our bags the whole weekend then unpacked them again because we didn’t want to take too much with us but in the end we threw the exact same things in our bags again. It was a never ending story and we were both so annoyed. Our flights were on Monday morning so this was our last day in Seoul. Lin visited me in the dorm and we talked the whole time. The boys weren’t home because they were practicing for their concerts the whole time..I didn’t really see them to be honest because they were totally busy the whole time and on top of that Taekwoon and I didn’t have one single minute for us. It was really stressful and made me also sad because I was gone for 2 weeks tomorrow.

“I’m so done with packing.” Lin sighed and sat to me on my bed.

“Mhm..” I mumbled and stared on the blanket.

“What’s wrong? Aren’t you excited for America?” She looked at me with a confused look.

“Of course I’m excited but I won’t see Leo for 2 weeks and we didn’t spend much time together the past few days.” I explained and continued staring at the blanket. Lin didn’t say anything and just hugged me. At least she understood me.

We both looked confused when we heard the voices in the floor and a door closing. Who was that?

“Hey!” My cousin entered my room together with the boys. He started to laugh when he saw Lin’s and my face.

“What are you doing home? Shouldn’t you all be practicing for your concerts?” I asked the boys and looked at Leo who was standing there with his hands in his pockets and his usual face expression.

“Yes..but it’s your last day before you’re going to America so I thought we should be together. Let’s go bowling tonight and have fun!” Hakyeon explained. Bowling sounded great.

“I’m going to beat you all!” Ravi shouted and Ken laughed at him. Hyuk and Hongbin started to argue with Ravi and Leo just watched everything. Was I wrong or did he look sad? I tried to look into his eyes but he obviously avoided eye contact.

Everybody was really excited and together we headed off to the bowling alley. The place was pretty full and there was a special event tonight which was called ‘Disco Bowling’. They were playing music tonight and you could win free shots. There was always one colored pin among the normal ones and if you could manage to hit all pins except for the colored one away with the first throw you would get one round of shots for your group. It sounded great and we all got shoes and then started to divide into teams. We were eight people so we could make 4 teams.

“I’m going to team up with Sun!” Hakyeon immediately said and put his arm around my shoulder. I looked to Leo..I wanted to team up with him.

“Let’s play gawi bawi bo and divide into teams that way!” Lin suggested and all the boys agreed except for my cousin who looked disappointed. After a few rounds the teams were decided: N & Ravi, Hongbin & Hyuk, Lin and Ken and Taekwoon and I. I was so happy to be in a team with him.

We started to play then and the Navi team started. Ravi threw the bowling ball and didn’t hit a single pin with both throws. We all laughed and my cousin really hard because he didn’t want to lose. Hongbin and Hyuk made a strike in the first round which made us all clap for them. Len were the next and they managed it to get 9 pins. Finally it was Taekwoon’s and my turn..he wanted to make the first throw and I watched him carefully. He took a bowling ball and then he made his throw…I closed my eyes…

“Wow! Strike!” I opened my eyes. He really got a strike and I smiled at him. He looked like he always did..you couldn’t read his mind..but yeah..

“Do you want something to drink?” A waitress showed up at our group and we all ordered something. After a few minutes she brought us our beverages and  saw Leo going to the table and drinking something. I went to him and also drank from my beverage. The boys continued playing in the meantime and I heard them shouting and fanchanting the whole time.

“Is everything ok with you?” I decided to ask Leo because I had the feeling that something was bothering him. He just nodded and watched Hongbin playing the bowling ball. His answer didn’t satisfy me.

“Are you sure? You can tell me if something is wrong, Taekwoon.” I looked at him.

“What are you whispering here?” My cousin showed up behind me which scared me because I didn’t hear him coming.

“Nothing.” Leo said and walked back to the others. Great job, Hakyeon, I thought and also wanted to go back to the others but he held me back.

“I’m really sorry that I can’t come to America with you.” He apologized and I explained him that I totally understood his situation and that his career is way more important than this trip. He smiled and hugged me after I told him that.

“YAAAH! STRIKE!” Ken’s loud voice made us look at the alley and we saw him running towards Lin. He was too hyper and couldn’t stop so he literally bumped into her. She wasn’t prepared for Ken’s attack and so they both fell on the floor. We all laughed out loud and even Lin laughed. Ken’s face turned red as a tomato and he apologized like a million times to her but she wasn’t mad at him. When she sat next to me I gave her a high-five and winked at her. She really had a crush on Ken..and I had the feeling that he also liked her. They even almost kissed a few days before.

It was my turn then and I took a ball and slowly started to run to the alley. I threw the ball and closed my eyes again. In the end I got 8 pins which made me disappointed but Taekwoon smiled and gave me a high-five when I sat next to him. It was hard to pretend like we were just friends. I really wanted to hold his hand right now but it was impossible in front of the others.

“I’m going to the toilet. Can you come with me?” Lin went to me and whispered in my ear. I nodded and together we went away.

“Is everything ok with you and Leo?” She asked me when we were washing our hands. I looked surprised at her.

“I’ll take that as a ‘yes’.” She smiled at me.

“It was really funny when Ken ran you over.” I laughed out at the thought of it and Lin blushed.

“Yes..he was too hyper but he was so cute. I really wish we could get together one day..just like you and Leo..” Her eyes started to shine again like they always did when she was talking about Ken.

“So..it’s more than a crush..?” I got curious now and she totally blushed now.

“I don’t know..yeah..maybe..I really like him..” She stuttered and I just smiled.

We went back to the boys and I noticed that Leo was missing. I looked around but couldn’t see him anywhere so I asked Hakyeon.

“He went outside because he didn’t feel well..” Hakyeon explained. That was my chance to talk to him.

“Oh..I think I’m going outside, too, because I’m starting to get a little headache because of the air here.” I smiled and he just nodded..he was too busy with watching Ravi who was searching for a better bowling ball now. I hurried to get outside. I looked around and then I saw him standing there looking at his phone. Was he texting with Minah?

“Hey.” I smiled and went to him. He looked up and put his phone away.

“What are you doing here?” He asked surprised.

“I missed you.” I explained and my answer made him smile.

“You were right earlier. There is something that’s bothering me.” He told me and I got curious. So I was right when I thought that something was off about him today.

“It’s just the fact that…”

“WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!” Ken and Lin showed up behind us and I jumped up because Ken’s loud voice really scared me. Leo giggled and Lin hit Ken on his arm and scolded him to be more quiet. They started to tease each other like little kids then and Leo and I just shook our heads.

“Can we walk a few meters?” He whispered and I nodded. They didn’t notice us leaving because they were too busy with each other. When we were sure that they couldn’t see us anymore Leo suddenly took my hand we continued walking together. Holding hands with him..it felt so wonderful and it would have been a really romantic moment if Lin and Ken would have been more quiet but we could still hear them laughing even though we were far away from them.

“I will miss you..” He suddenly whispered and made me look into his face.

“I will miss you, too, Taekwoon.” I stopped and when he looked at me I pulled him closer and kissed him. Kissing him was still making my knees weak and my heart beating faster and faster. He smiled at me when we ended the kiss.

“That’s what was bothering me.” He explained and we hugged each other. I will miss him, too..

“It’s pretty quiet..don’t you think?” He whispered and I listened. He was right..what happened to Lin and Ken? We decided to go back quietly. Our mouths fell open when we got back and saw the two of them kissing. They were kissing…KISSING! They didn’t notice us and Leo and I didn’t want to interrupt them.

“What should we do now?” I whispered to Leo and he shrugged. He pulled out his phone then and wrote something. What was he up to? I looked at Ken and Lin who were still making out but suddenly Ken broke the kiss and pulled out his phone.

“I wrote something in our group chat. We shouldn’t tell them that we saw them.” He winked and then we went to them. Lin’s cheeks were totally red and her eyes shined so bright. Ken was acting pretty normal and I didn’t notice anything strange. We went back to the others then. The boys were walking in front of us so they couldn’t see us. Lin poked me in the side..pointed at Ken and then made a kissing face. I gasped (yes, I acted surprised) and gave her a thumbs up. The boys heard my gasp and turned around but we were both acting innocent and so they shrugged.

We played for one more hour and then grabbed something to eat on our way home. We were all really tired and after we drove Lin home and got back to the dorm we all went to bed immediately. Tomorrow would be an exhausting day so I should get enough sleep to be prepared for it.