Five

Black Ink
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eun Byul stood in the middle of a huge practice room. Today was her first day being a teacher, so Baekhyun was glad to introduce her to the workplace she would be going to spend teaching the students. After having a serius fight with Baekhyun two days ago, the woman decided to just accept the offer. It was only because of her daughter that she received the idea of being a dancing teacher in Baekhyun's place, so she could still give her beautiful Luna a better future. 

Being in the same room with Baekhyun brought so many memories that still lingered in her head. She remembered the days where they practiced and Baekhyun sang a beautiful song to her. But now, bringing the memories back would only make her heart aches, because Eun Byul wasn't a masochist that would gladly accept the idea of her swirling around the pain. 

"Do you like it?" Baekhyun's soft voice snapped her back to reality. She looked over her shoulder and saw Baekhyun standing with his hands inside his jean's pockets. 

"You know me well that I always like practice rooms." Eun Byul answered. She continued walking until her feet reached the center of the room. She stood there, letting the sun shining behind her back so for the mere seconds Baekhyun thought he was just seeing a fallen angel. "It's really beautiful, Baekhyun. You've finally built your own dancing school." The woman continued, still admiring the view. 

Baekhyun smiled and walked closer. He placed his hand over Eun Byul's shoulder and it gave her a chilling sensation down her spine. "It's yours now." He said, smiling. Eun Byul looked at the mirror in front of her and found Baekhyun's genuine smile once again. 

"Thanks." She murmured, but loud enough to Baekhyun to hear. The man let out a childish grin as he walked backwards, giving Eun Byul a space to continue admiring her new workplace. Her new safe place.

 

***

"You guys are late!" Ah Reum yelled. She stomped her feet and made an annoying sound with her tongue. It had been an hour since Ah Reum waited for Eun Byul and Baekhyun at the bus station. It was winter, and the temperature was absolutely below zero degree celcius, but the little girl kept on waiting until her friends came up with guilty expression all over their faces. 

"I'm sorry, Ah Reum... It took a quite long time for me to convince my father. You know him, right?" Eun Byul reached to hug her pouty friend. "Our relationship hasn't been going well lately, and you don't know how much I tried to convince him until finally he let me join you." She explained. 

Ah Reum let out a sigh and nodded, then shifting her eyes to Baekhyun who was busy fixing his backpack. The girl smiled upon seeing his cute expression when the petite guy was trying to untangle the bag's string. "And you?" Ah Reum pointed at Baekhyun right in the face.

Baekhyun shrugged, finally finished fixing his bag. "I waited for her." He said nonchalantly. 

Ah Reum's eyes widened in surprise and looked like it could fall onto the ground anytime soon. "You waited for her? For how long?" She asked, full of curiousity. 

Baekhyun took a glance at Eun Byul but the girl looked like she had no idea about it and just blinked several times. "Uhm... thirty minutes?" Baekhyun answered while looking at the sky. He let the fumes out of his mouth and quickly shoved his hands inside the pockets of his jacket.

"No. You said you only waited for... 5 minutes? Did you lie?" Eun Byul rapidly joined the conversation. 

"I just didn't wanna make you feel guilty so I lied. Anyway, when is the bus coming? It becomes colder here." Baekhyun said, stomping his feet to shove away the cold. 

"You freaking waited for me outside the house in the middle of a freaking winter and you didn't tell me that you had waited for thirty ing minutes, Baekhyun?" 

"Watch your language, Eun Byul." Ah Reum said, rolling her eyes. It has always been Eun Byul's bad habit that she would curse when she was mad. And she was literally mad at Baekhyun because the boy didn't tell her the truth.

"I don't care. So, why did you lie?" Eun Byul continued, arms crossing in front of her chest.

"I have told you the answer, oh God." Baekhyun responsed. 

"How could you easily lie to me but told the truth when Ah Reum asked you?" The long haired girl kept questioning. She was now standing face to face with Baekhyun, still with her arms crossed. 

Baekhyun looked up to the sky once again, a small smirk appeared on the corner of his lips. "Because... Ah Reum is prettier than you?" He said using a questioning tone. 

Ah Reum blushed. She could feel her cheeks reddened and her face hot all of sudden. Baekhyun who witnessed the scene could only laugh and it gained a punch from Eun Byul on his arm, but it didn't stop the little boy to keep laughing. 

"It's not funny!" Ah Reum yelled, running away with her face still looked as red as tomatoes. 

"Wait! Hey wait, Ah Reum! The bus is coming!" Baekhyun shouted, still laughing. 

 

***

They arrived at Seoul in the evening after having a long journey with a train. The three of them were invited to spend the winter breaks at Ah Reum's aunt residence in Seoul. Because she said that she would be lonely during breaks, so she invited Ah Reum and her friends to come over. The lady really loved Ah Reum and always considered the girl as her own daughter, that's why she would do whatever to make her niece happy. 

"Is it really the place where your aunt and uncle live in?" Baekhyun said after having a mental breakdown upon seeing the tall building in front of him. Ah Reum smiled and nodded, "Yup. But my uncle lives on the 10th floor, residence number ten zero four." Ah reum finished, looking proud of herself.

"Ten zero four? Cheonsa? Heol~ Daebak!" Baekhyun and Eun Byul shouted in unison. 

Ah Reum laughed as they entered the building and went straight to the elevator. Once they arrived in front of the door with the number 1004 written on the wall, Ah Reum pressed the bell and greeted the resident with her cheerful voice, causing her aunt to open the door in a quick moves.

"Ah Reum!" Oh my God my lovely baby Ah Reum!" Her aunt shouted, she rushed to hug the petite girl and Ah Reum could do nothing but hugged her back. They were squealing like two mad fangirls, causing Baekhyun and Eun Byul looked at each other in an awkward silence. 

"Geez... auntie, you make me breathless." Ah Reum said, trying hard to pull away. "Anyway, these are my buddies. The absolutely good and pretty Jung Eun Byul, and the... what should I say? Oh, the absolutely nerd and awkward Byun Baekhyun." Ah Reum continued, gaining glares from both Eun Byul and Baekhyun. 

"Hi, aunty... nice to meet you." Eunbyul and Baekhyun bowed in unison. They smiled awkwardly without knowing what to do.

"God, Ah Reum... How many times have I told y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter