Three

Black Ink
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There was an announcement about the valentine party that would be held on the next weekend, and Baekhyun found himself staring blankly at the board in front of him. He wasn’t paying attention when he saw so many students gathered near the Principal’s office, but he couldn’t avoid the fact that he was indeed interested with the announcement when he took a better look on the big white board that attached to the wall.

He shook his head and made a few steps back after realizing that the other students were looking at him like he was an alien.

“I don’t know that you’re interested with that thing.” Eunbyul came to the view, she jerked her head towards the direction of the board. Baekhyun smiled sheepishly and walked through the corridor with Eunbyul following him from behind.

“I was just curious.” He said, still walking. “Besides, I can’t dance.”

“So, what brought you here? That ‘I was just curious’ thing isn’t a proper answer, I think.” Eunbyul made an air quote and Baekhyun turned around, facing her. She halted in surprise, but succeed to keep her face stoic.

“Remember when I told you my mother needs a washing machine? I was thinking about it.” The boy said, gaining a questioning looks from Eunbyul as the latter frowned. She seemed to barely catch the meaning of his words.

“Does it have a correlation?”

“It does. Just look at the prize.”

Baekhyun turned around completely, leaving Eunbyul with her thoughts behind him. The two of them entered the class and once Baekhyun plopped himself down his chair, he sighed. Eunbyul sat down beside him, taking out a candy from her bag before putting it to the locker.

“So, tell me.” She began asking while her hands were busy unwrapping the candy. “What is the correlation between the prize and washing machine?”

“You sure want to know?” Baekhyun answered her with another question and she just nodded two times, mouth busy chewing the candy. “I want to participate on the dance competition just because I really want the money. And if I succeed, I can buy my mother a washing machine for her upcoming birthday which is, next month. And then I realized I can’t dance, and the competition isn’t for a single participant but this was made for couples, so I think I’ll just quit thinking about it. Okay, forget it.” He explained, his face looked tired even though it was just barely eight in the morning.

Eunbyul pressed her lips in a thin line to prevent her for laughing and Baekhyun was looking at her in confused, not really know with her thoughts.

“Why didn’t you ask me?”

“Ask you what? To give me money so that I could buy that goddamn washing machine?” Baekhyun asked back and it literally made Eunbyul burst out laughing. She had never expected he would say something like that, because yeah, he was afterall a good boy who rarely spoke bad words. And the goddamn thing she just heard from him made her realize that despite his looks, he was indeed just an ordinary teenager who was able to speak rude when it seemed like needed.

“Of course not! Why would I do that?”

“Maybe.” Baekhyun grinned.  “You’re rich, anyway.”

“I mean, why didn’t you ask me to be your dance partner? I can help you with it.” Eunbyul shrugged like it wasn’t a big deal for her.

Baekhyun blinked rapidly as if he couldn’t digest what she had said, “You can dance?” He added, still not believe of what he heard and the girl just nodded, playing with her pencil.

“So, yes or no?”

“Wait, you haven’t told me about this. What dance do you learn? Why did you suddenly offer me this help? I’m sure there are plenty of guys queuing to get paired with you if you could dance, as you said. I mean, you are Jung Eunbyul.” He blabbered, shaking his head in disbelief.

“Well, I take it as a compliment. But, unfortunately they haven’t seen me dancing and I didn’t say I can dance. I just offered you some help, by the way.” She shifted her position to face Baekhyun completely.

Baekhyun cleared his throat, “It’s not like you have a motivation behind this. What exactly is inside your head?”

Eunbyul bit her lower lip, eyes wandering to the snow falling through the window beside her best friend, “I’m just bored. I need some entertainment in my life.”

 

***

 

 

“I wanna see your daughter.”

Baekhyun and Eunbyul were sitting next to each other when suddenly the brown haired man asked her something that caught her off guard. They’d been staying at Haeundae beach a little bit longer than they probably have planned, but both Eunbyul and Baekhyun knew better for themselves that they did enjoy the companion of each presence. After the confrontation that made them realize about how much their lives had ed up, they stayed silent for a while until Baekhyun broke the silence and brought Eunbyul back to her mind, her sense.

“Luna?”

“Her name is Luna?”

“Yes, she would be happy if you visited her. But I think tonight isn’t a good idea,” She looked up to the sky, “She might have slept already by now.” Eunbyul glanced at her wristwatch and took a deep, heavy breath.

“I can visit her tomorrow.” Baekhyun added, a small smile crept up his pretty face

“No, you don’t have to. I mean yes, she would be very happy if you do, but no. I don’t want Ah Reum to think negatively about me.”

“She won’t know.”

“But she’s your girlfriend, Baek. She needs to know where you are and what you do. I just don’t want to lose another important person in my life.”

Eunbyul brought her knees up to her chest, hugging them tighter to prevent her from shivering. Baekhyun let out a sigh, he did exactly what Eunbyul did; hugging his knees and put his head on top of them.

“Am I important to you?”

It took Eunbyul ten seconds to answer the question. Was Baekhyun important to her?

“You’v

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter