Four

Black Ink
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In the dim of the moonlight, they danced. Both Eunbyul and Baekhyun didn’t care about the weather. They kept dancing, swaying back and forth, hand in hand, touch by touch. Eunbyul had never felt like this before, and it was her new experience. Being in Baekhyun’s warmth embrace was the last thing she would dare to imagine yet it was real. She could feel his slender fingers touching her skin, sending shiver down her spine.

Baekhyun wasn’t different either. He could feel his own heart drumming like crazy, dragging him in the edge of his sanity. They moved together, feeling each other’s warmth in the cold of January. Once Baekhyun rested his hand on her hips, she tensed. And that moment Eunbyul realized that she had started liking the boy she’d been facing for almost two hours.

They sang together, but Baekhyun was dominant. His voice sounded like heaven, and Eunbyul couldn’t be any happier being the only listener without anyone interrupting. Both of them wanted to stop the time. Both of them wanted to dance longer. But both of them couldn’t.

“Hey, you step on my foot.” Baekhyun whispered through her ear, his voice so calm and husky. Eunbyul looked up to meet his gaze, and the boy showed her his infamous grin before motioning the girl to look at their feet.

Eunbyul jolted, “I-I’m sorry. I didn’t know it was there.” She said while checking on their feet. “Are you okay? I really didn’t know that I stepped on your foot, sorry.” She managed to sound calm despite the spaces between them didn’t actually support her very movement.

Baekhyun smiled —that boyish smile she liked the most— and shrugged it off. They resumed dancing in a peaceful and soothing harmony, he swore he could stay forever like this. But suddenly Eunbyul cracked the silence.

“Uhm.. Baekhyun, may I ask you something?”

“Go on.” Baekhyun responded, swaying her.

Eunbyul gulped, she wanted to ask about his family condition but was afraid of hurting his pride so instead she asked something else, something which was definitely unnecessary.

“Since when did you wear those glasses?” Ah…. Stupid.

Baekhyun raised one of his browses, surprised with her sudden question and Eunbyul just smiled. She mentally slapped her head for asking a stupid question.

“These?” The boy took off his glasses, making Eunbyul hold her breath because it was actually the first time she saw Baekhyun without spectacles on his eyes. He blinked several times before examining the glasses in his hand. “I started wearing it when I was ten. I have bad eyesight, haha. Mom scolded me at first because of my bad habit, uhm, you know… I like reading, right? I always read before sleep so yeah.” He shrugged, putting the spectacles back on his nose. His beautiful nose.

Eunbyul let out a heavy, breathy breath.

“Are you okay?”

No, I’m not okay.

“Ah, yeah. Haha… It’s just… It’s just the first time I ever see you without glasses and I think it suits you better.” She blabbered even before she could stop . “I-I mean, you look good. Yeah. You look good. That’s it.”

She felt hot.

“Oh.”

Silence.

They resumed dancing and the more they moved, the more she felt like going through the stage she wouldn’t want to step onto. And she was terrified.

She knew she has fallen in love.

***

 

 

 

Eunbyul woke up to the sound of buzzing coffee maker in the kitchen. She arrived home at exactly 10 PM after having such a long conversation with Baekhyun. The long haired girl glanced at her calendar, knowing that today was Monday and she felt like going to the office before realizing the fact that she had been fired. Eunbyul sighed, she was clueless. She didn’t know where to go, she didn’t have any idea of seeking a job while she was only capable of doing something related to dancing and accounting. She didn’t want to call her husband either.

No.

After washing up, she recalled everything that happened at Haeundae Beach between her and Baekhyun. She remembered telling him a story about her current life, she remembered dropping tears in front of him, and she remembered his beautiful smile that she missed a lot.

Baekhyun was mad at first, she knew he’d been clenching his fists ever since she started talking about how miserable her life was, and by looking at his eyes she realized despite what she’d done to him, he still cared of her the way he did long time ago.

She was still in love, she’d still been.

They didn’t exchange phone numbers because Eunbyul knew she shouldn’t be getting used to Baekhyun’s presence after knowing that the person she loved the most was now currently in a relationship with her best friend. She still knew her place.

“You’re up.” Her grandmother said, placing a plate with toasts on the table. Eunbyul poured some vanilla milk into her cup and drank it while she replied, “Uhm, feel a lil bit tired.”

“Where did you go last night? Luna was looking for you before she went to bed. I was convincing her the whole night.”

“I’m sorry, I left my phone on my nightstand.” Eunbyul answered. She smeared butter on her toast and ate it when it’s still hot.

“You didn’t answer my question, honey. Where did you go last night?”

Eunbyul hesitated at first but she replied it anyway. “I was at Haeundae.”

Her grandmother nodded. She wasn’t planning on bringing it too far, and went to make a breakfast for Luna instead. But before she entered the room of her grandchildren, the elder wom

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter