CHAPTER II

IF YOU DO

       A voice woke Kyungsoo up. He looks at the owner of the voice,Park Chanyeol who’s smiling widely.He looks over the wall clock,it is 12 right now.

“I never saw you sleeping at the office before.” Chanyeol hands him americano

“Thanks.” Kyungsoo takes the coffee “I didn’t get enough sleep last night.”

“You had a fight with him?”

Kyungsoo shakes his head. He never told Chanyeol anything about his relationship with Jongin. But,of course,he couldn’t lie to someone that’s been his bestfriend since they were kids.

Chanyeol sighs. He doesn’t get his eyes off from Kyungsoo.

“Kyungsoo,can I ask you something?” Chanyeol said in a serious tone

Kyungsoo never saw this side of his bestfriend. Chanyeol is the happiest person he ever met and he never saw Chanyeol show his blues even when his girlfriend broke him up

“Sure. Why did you need to get my permission?”

“Do you really love him?”

Kyungsoo raised his eyebrows as soon as Chanyeol asked that question “What did you mean?”

Chanyeol sighs “I know you love Jongin so much. You love him to the point you wouldn’t mind if you’re being trapped by him-“

Kyungsoo cut Chanyeol’s sentence “I am not trapped by him.”

“What is it then? Kyungsoo,stop telling to yourself that you’re okay when you’re not at all. Stop telling yourself that he’’ll change if you wait a little longer. How long would you wait? Forever?”

Kyungsoo looks down. He just realized that he’s crying without knowing why he does.

“Remember that time when you asked me to buy drugs for you because you caught a cold? I called Jongin and told him that you caught a cold,but do you know what he said? He’ll be okay soon. Don’t worry. That’s what he said to me. That’s what he said after knowing his boyfriend caught a cold. I didn’t tell you about this because I was afraid you’d get hurt. But I did wrong. I should’ve told you so you didn’t live in lies for that long.”

Kyungsoo still keeps his head down,trying to hide the tears. But he knew that he couldn’t hide anything from Chanyeol when Chanyeol gently wipes his tears

“Chanyeol,I-I don’t even know why I’ve been doing to myself. I think I’ve been stuck on him and there’s no way that I can let go.”

Chanyeol reaches for Kyungsoo’s hand “You can. I-I will help you no matter how hard it is,no matter how long it takes. I will help you.”

Kyungsoo looks at Chanyeol. He noticed that he isn’t the only one who’s crying.

“Why-why are you crying?” Kyungsoo can see Chanyeol’s eyes are red

“Because I am stupid.” Chanyeol gives an empty laughter

“Huh?”

Chanyeol nods “I am stupid because I get hurt when I see you’re crying. But this kind of stupidity,I am grateful I have it. Because it made me sure even more that you’re the only thing that matter to me. Kyungsoo,I am grateful because I love you.”

Kyungsoo lost his words. He isn’t sure what he’s feeling right now

 Chanyeol notices that Kyungsoo’s expression “Don’t worry! You don’t have to love me back and pitying me. I’ll be okay.”

“Do you want to wait for me to move on? Even if it took a long time?”

A sudden question from Kyungsoo surprises Chanyeol. But he’s happy “I will. I will wait until forever.” Chanyeol smiles widely

Kyungsoo smiles “It won’t take forever,I promise you.”