CHAPTER I

IF YOU DO

                It is 1 am when Jongin gets home and he finds Kyungsoo is sitting on the sofa. He loseen his ties and walks into the kitchen.

“Why are you still awake?” Jongin sits on the sofa and drinks the water.

“Why are you late?” Kyungsoo looks at Jongin who’s scrolling through his phone now.

“Works.” Jongin answers without getting his eyes off from the screen

“And why don’t you tell me that you’d be late?”

Jongin looks at Kyungsoo and sighs “Do I really have to tell you something that you already knew? I work in a big company,so I’ll be so busy everyday.”

“Is it really that hard to text me and say that you’ll be late?”

Jongin gets up from the sofa “I am tired and sleepy. Let’s not arguing.”

Jongin walks into his bedroom and locks it,leaving Kyungsoo alone.

 

                They’ve been a couple for a year. Kyungsoo met Jongin when both of their company held a meeting. Kyungsoo was fascinated by Jongin’s confidence and optimism when Jongin did a presentation. They exchanged numbers and as the days passed,they got closer and Kyungsoo decided to get rid off the fear that Jongin didn’t like him. He told Jongin how he felt and asked Jongin to be his boyfriend. There was a feedback from Jongin.

Kyungsoo who fell for Jongin’s confidence at first,slowly felt uncomfortable with it. He learnt that Jongin was someone that is so aggresive and perfectionist. Jongin wouldn’t let anyone beat him on anything,including Kyungsoo himself. There was a moment when Jongin asked him to move into Jongin’s house and live together. Kyungsoo,however didn’t want to because he felt uneasy to let his bestfriend,Chanyeol,living alone at the apartment where they’ve been living together for 2 years. But Jongin kept forcing Kyungsoo and asked him who’s more important,Jongin or Chanyeol. And because Kyungsoo’s been blinded by the love,he listened to Jongin in the end.

As the days passed,Kyungsoo realized that he’s feeling so lonely. He was back from his company at 6 pm but Jongin was always not there. Jongin usually gets home at 10 pm. He was okay with that at first,because he knew that his boyfriend’s working in a big company. But everything has its limit. Kyungsoo asked Jongin to ask the company to let Jongin get home earlier. But there was a rejection,not from the company but Jongin. Jongin refused to do it and asked Kyungsoo to understand because he’s working for their future. And once again,Kyungsoo was blinded by the love.

And that’s how their relationship goes. They are only a couple in the morning,when they two have a breakfast. There’s nothing romantic during those times. Only “How’s work?” and “See you tonight”. And there was barely a “tonight” for them because when Jongin gets home,Kyungsoo has slept due to the exhaustion.

Another thing that Kyungsoo learnt was,Jongin easily got jealous and was over-protective. It is so strange for Kyungsoo how someone that barely sees him,being so obessive about him. Jongin wouldn’t let Kyungsoo see his friends on the weekend and made Kyungsoo stay at home. And it was worse when it comes to Chanyeol. There was a day where Kyungsoo told Jongin that he would see Chanyeol who’s at the hospital after getting hit by a car. But Jongin didn’t let him. Jongin got home earlier than ever and asked Kyungsoo to go outside. Kyungsoo was happy because finally,after a year being together,they could spend the time together. But he also felt uneasy because his bestftiend was at the hospital. So,when Kyungsoo refused Jongin’s request,Jongin became someone else. Someone that was so scary. He yelled at Kyungsoo and said they better break up. And Kyungsoo,who’s sold his soul to Jongin,once again listened to Jongin.

Little did Kyungsoo know,He is trapped by his own self