Chapter two

Ricochet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

▬Chapter  two▬

The two nobles looked on worriedly at their daughter who stood with no partner by her side while both her older sister  had their arms encircled around their husbands. Her father had a head of pale blonde hair with white streaks running along the sides, his features were rugged and rough but his eyes held wisdom and kindness. On his right, her mother had light brown hair, her grey eyes tinged with blue, gazed at her uneasily. Standing on her left were her two older sisters, Agave and Despoina, had sneers smearing their faces as they faced her with envy. Her facial expression was neutral, her fringe slightly covering her expressive eyes while her dirty blonde hair ran down the length of her petite back. 

"Agave has been married for two years and Despoina for almost a year. Why is it that you are not yet tied to anyone?" Her father said, his voice grim."What wrong have we done?"

She lifted her head slightly to meet her father's eyes but said nothing in return. In all honesty, she didn't really care whether she's married or not. She knew that it was important and that she should be with someone later on but she's not even eighteen yet! Surely there is more that she could do than being caged inside a house for the rest of her life just popping out babies and sweeping the floor? There is so much more that she could explore, like the different colours that she could paint onto a canvas, necklaces that she could create from the different flowers out in the meadow and even going downtown to see beautiful trinkets at the market. This would be more benefiting than getting married, no?

But it is not her place to choose or say yes or say no. All she has to do is make her parents happy by getting married to who they deemed worthy. It's not that hard- and yet it is. 

"I have scheduled a worshipping at the temple of Apollo tomorrow evening. I will look into the oracle and ask of your future so you shouldn't be too worried. Hopefully the orb delivers good news." 

She nodded.

Beside her, she could practically feel the grin that her sisters wore. They probably felt like they have the upper hand now that they're married and she isn't but she could care less.

After being dismissed, she hurried to her room on the second floor. She quickly shut the door and made a beeline for a leather satchel and a small worn notebook. Making her way downstairs, she looked around the living room to make sure that no one was there and finally exited through the front door.


Sehun sighed.

His mother had always been a witch but it never occurred to him of how vile she could really be underneath her beautiful skin. Threatening her son for her own greedy albeit stupid needs. Yeah, a witch alright. 

He rested on a tall tree, his head docked towards the sky and his fingers toying with one of his precious arrows. His eyes were half sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter