Seven: separate

Still Waiting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

         CHAPTER SEVEN

separate

 

Dear Yoongi,

 

         It’s been eleven years today, and again, I’m sorry for not writing anything for a while. I was busy again with Taehyung. I had a nightmare about you some months ago, and he was there for me to comfort me, so I didn’t find time. I was also working, and had more dates with him, so things started getting serious, and I couldn’t find the time to write you about anything.

 

         Speaking of Taehyung, there is something very important that I need to share with you, Yoongi. I sincerely hope you forgive me. Taehyung had asked me to be his girlfriend about a month ago, and I honestly was so happy when he did. I couldn’t contain myself and said yes more excitedly than I even said yes to you. I’m sorry again.

 

         I plan on going far with Taehyung, and that includes moving on from you. I feel bad for it, but I also don’t. Taehyung told me that first loves are important, but they’re not always the last loves. It really hit me that day that I have a shot at other love, not just the love you provided for me. And for that, I hope you’ll forgive me.

 

         I can’t say I’m sorry enough, and I know I’m getting repetitive, and I know that you’re probably in a much happier place than here with me for a reason. I just want you to know that I still care about your feelings.

 

         I’ve asked for signs multiple times, but I never got one, and so I have chosen on my own to move on. I’m twenty-nine, and I’ll be turning thirty soon, and I think it’s time to settle down with someone else, or I’ll probably be waiting for you my whole life.

 

         I’m very happy with Taehyung now, and I hope you’ll be happy for me wherever you are.

 

Love,

Jung Sunbi

 

 

As Sunbi and Yoongi look at where they’ve chosen to go to school, they realize that they’re both different, and far away from each other.

 

When it came to the time of applying, Sunbi and Yoongi didn’t want each other to interfere with where they were going. They wanted to make their own genuine decisions that were not altered by where the other wanted to go or where was closer.

 

So they didn’t tell each other until they had actually been accepted and decided where they were going to go.

 

They both knew they were setting themselves up for sadness, but it was the best thing to do for their future careers, and they didn’t want love interfering in case it didn’t work out between them.

 

When they revealed where they were going, Sunbi had cried because Yoongi was going to be away from her, and she didn’t like that. Being together for so long like they’ve had put separation anxiety on Sunbi, so she didn’t want to be away from Yoongi. What if he gets hurt? What if he finds another girl?

 

Yoongi just held her, and comforted her, hoping that she would not cry for long. Yes, it was sad, but they needed to value the rest of the time they spent together, and they didn’t have much time left.

 

“We’ll see each other again, just not so much during the school year.” He tried to bargain with her, but she wouldn’t have it. It felt like she wasn’t going to see him again when she saw him almost every day already. She didn’t know how she was going to get through this.

 

“I don’t know what to do, Yoongi. I can’t stay away from you. What if you find someone else? What if I find someone else?”

 

Yoongi’s head snaps in the direction of Sunbi’s face, who looks as if she regrets what she’s said already.

 

“Do you want to just break up?” He asks her, but she doesn’t do anything but cry harder.

 

“No! I don’t want to break up! I’d rather just wait.” Even though she’s crying, Yoongi smiles.

 

“Alright, so we’ll just wait on each other. And I promise I won’t find someone else. All I’ll be thinking about is you.”

 

Sunbi finally smiles.

 

 

Another month after it becomes eleven years, Taehyung and Sunbi have been officially dating for around two months.

 

They’ve gone on dates outside, they’ve gone on dates inside Taehyung’s apartment. However, they have never once been to Sunbi’s apartment for a date. In fact, Sunbi avoids it very often if suggested.

 

One day, on Sunbi’s day off, her and Taehyung were planning to go on another date outside, but at last minute, it starts to rain. She hurries to grab her phone and call Taehyung, but there’s a ring of the doorbell, and she puts it down to go answer.

 

When she opens the door without checking the peephole, she’s surprised to find that Taehyung is there with some items in his hands that indicate he was coming over for a while.

 

“Movies?” Yes, that would explain all the food.

 

“Uh…” Sunbi hesitates, not sure if she wants him to even come inside. She looks around to where he can’t see.

 

She felt disappointed in herself again. Months ago when she had the nightmare about Yoongi after she had taken all his pictures down, she had spent the night at Taehyung’s because he knew she would try and put the pictures back up in the middle of the night. She had work that next day and she couldn’t afford to be tired.

 

The next day was a different story though. The moment Taehyung and her asked how each other’s days were, she went inside and went straight for the closet to put all of Yoongi’s photos back on the walls and the tables.

 

Since then, she h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter