Fate; Chanced Meeting

Meteor's Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She removes her hood revealing beautiful, long, red hair, the confused look not leaving her face. She looked like she was around my age yet, her frame was so small. “You are…?” Her words awoke me from my trance as I straightened myself, a kind smile replacing my dumbfounded look.

“It’s dangerous here, what are you doing here?”

“There was smoke… people screaming. I came to see what happen,” she kicked the dust a little. “An accident?”

“I can’t verify that yet and it’s still not safe around here, you should get out of here.”

“How many died?” Her question caught me off guard for being so straight to the point. Her eyes remained emotionless. It was a good question though… how many innocent lives perished because of the selfish action of a few individuals? Tears began falling down my face as my head began to lower a little, only to be stopped when a red handkerchief was shoved into my face.

I looked up at her, my turn to shoot her a questioning look. “Don’t be sad, it won’t help.” Slowly, she began using her handkerchief to rub my tears away. Her actions and words, woke up something in me. She stopped, pulling my hand out and placing her handkerchief on my hands. “I have to go now, you can use this.” With that, she left with a small smile on her.

I looked down at the red handkerchief lying in my left hand, my free hand touching the cheek where she wiped my tears. Just who is she…?

Back at base, along with my members from the 1st division, the captains of the 2nd and 3rd division as well as the superiors of the police force were gathered in the meeting room.

“Why would Ryusei no Hikari appear now? Haven’t we wiped them out already” the police force director slammed his fist on the table. I looked up at the chief of the Counter Terrorist division, Yang Min Sook, my adoptive father.

Dad was one of the most well-known investigators in the whole of Korea, leading the investigations after the events of Final Light, he was the one who bought swift justice upon the criminals, the one who took me into his family. I learnt everything from him, he was the one who woke up my dead soul once again.

“Right after the explosion, someone hacked into our servers and played this video,” dad turned off the li

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter