Chapter 3

Love You Like a Love Song

 

It’s been a year since we’ve been accepted to SM Entertainment.  We’re both trainees there now.  It feels so surreal!  We met a lot of new friends!  They were all so friendly and had the same dreams as all of us.  Out of all the trainees in SM, I was the closest to Heechul Oppa, Hangeng Oppa, Tiffany, Jessica, Junsu, and Ri Innie!  I was the closest to Ri Innie though.  She’s like my sister from another mother.  We did everything together when we had the time.  She was the first person I talked to in SM.  I love the others too.  They were my best friends. I told them everything.
 
“YAH. Kim Junsu! You ate my chips again!! This is like the 5th time!!!!”  Ri Innie started yelling at Junsu.
 
“It’s not my fault I was hungry!! You wouldn’t let me starve would you?!”
 
“Aish, I hate you!!!!”
 
They’re always like this.  Junsu always finds a way to bug my Ri Innie.  I think Junsu secretly has a crush on her.  He’s just too stupid to realize it right now.  I think they really look cute together.  Junsu is always so cheerful and alive when he’s around Ri Innie and he always find a way to get her attention if her attention wasn't on him. They should get together already. 
 
“Pffft, you don’t hate me. You love me!!!” Junsu smirked at Ri In.
 
Ri In blushed and just walked out of the room.
 
“, I think I pissed her off.”  Really Kim Junsu? Aigoo. Boys are so stupid.
 
“Yah Kim Junsu!!! What’d you do to our Ri Innie?!” I heard Jessica and Tiffany yelling.
 
“I didn’t do anything! Why do you always assume it’s me?!”
 
“Well, because you’re the only one who knows how to push her buttons to the point where she’s cursing!” Tiffany glared at him.
 
“I just ate her chips.” Junsu innocently replied.
 
“Dude this is like the millionth time you ate her chips! How many times did she tell you to stop it!” Jessica told him.
 
“It’s just chips! I’ll replace them! Geez, I don’t get why you girls are so stingy with food!” Junsu replied and walked out of the room.
 
“Yah!!! Where are you going?”
 
“Away from you crazy girls!”  
 
Us? Crazy? Kim Junsu… You’re going to die!!!!!
 
“Unnie?” I heard Tiffany calling me.
 
“Hmm?”
 
“Where’s Donghae Oppa?”
 
“I don’t know. He said he had practice with the guys. Why?”
 
“Just wondering. You guys are always attached to the hips so it’s weird seeing you without him.”
 
“We’re not always together!!!”
 
“Actually Unnie, you guys are always together.” Jessica smirked at me.
 
"Whatevers.” I rolled my eyes at them.
 
“It’s okay though. You guys are so cute together! I want a guy like Donghae Oppa! He’s so sweet to you!!!!” Tiffany and Jessica started gushing.
 
“Pffft, sweet my . Donghae’s a meanie!” I pouted remembering the time when he ate my all my ice cream.
 
“Are you still holding a grudge against me because I ate all your ice cream?” I heard a voice asking me.  Wait, how did he know I was thinking about that?!  I turned around and saw Donghae leaning against the doorway smirking at me.  He was all sweaty yet he still look hot.
 
“YAH. How’d you know I was thinking about that?!” I pouted.
 
“Because you’re a pig. All you care about is food.” He smiled at me. Aish, this guy!
 
Tiffany and Jessica started squealing.  I glared at them.
 
“What now you freaks?!” I yelled at them.
 
“Nothing. It’s just so cute how he knows what you think of. Anywhos, we’re going to go now. We don’t want to interrupt you love birds! Bye!”  And with that they left.
 
“How was practice?” I asked him while he was walking towards me.
 
“It was okay. Brutal though. But okay.  They told me I was improving.” He sat next to me.
 
“That’s good.” I smiled at him.
 
“God, I love your smile. It always melts my heart.”
 
“You’re so cheesy!!!” I slapped his arm.
 
“Whatever. You know you love me.” He rested his head on my lap and intertwined our hand.
 
“Idiot…” I muttered.
 
“I heard that. Well, are you free this weekend?  The coaches gave us this weekend off so I was wondering if you wanted to go back to Mokpo with me?  My parents wanted to meet you.”
 
“I’m free. I have no vocal lessons or dancing lessons.”
 
“Good. I can’t wait to introduce to my dad!”
 
The weekend finally came.  I was in front of the train station waiting for Donghae.  He told me that he’d be here in 15 minutes.  It’s been 30 minutes already!  This guy…. He shouldn’t make his girlfriend wait for him!
 
“I’m sorry I’m late! I got held up” 
 
I didn’t say anything. I just glared at him.  It took us 4 hours to finally get to Mokpo.
 
“Appa!” I see Donghae running up to a middle aged man.  Donghae seems really happy to finally see his family again.  I mean I would too if my family was 4 hours away.
 
“Omo… who’s this?  Is this the girl you were telling me about?” I heard his dad asking.
 
“De… Appa, this is my girlfriend. Lee Hyejin.” I bowed to him.
 
“Hi. I’m Lee Hyejin. It’s really nice to meet you.  Donghae talks about you all the time.”
 
“She’s so pretty! Your mother would love her.” I blushed at his last comment.
 
We arrived at his house.  It was small and simple.  It was really homey. 
 
“Aigoo! My son’s is home! You look so skinny! Are you eating well?! You’re doing well right? Omo… Who’s this?!” 
 
I bowed to the petite middle aged woman.  She was so small and cute! She reminded me of my own mom.
 
“Hi. I’m Lee Hyejin.  Nice to meet you!”
 
“Aigoo, is this your girlfriend?! Wahh, she’s so pretty!! How’d you score such a pretty girlfriend?!”   Teehees. His parents both think I’m pretty.
 
“Umma!! Not in front of my girlfriend!  Plus, she’s lucky to have me!”  I just glared at him.  He ignored me and walked into the house.
 
“Hyung! Where are you?! I want to introduce you to my pretty girlfriend!?”
 
“He’s not home. He’s at school!” I heard his mom telling him.
 
“Are you hungry? Dinner should be ready soon.” His mom informed me.
 
“Do you need help in the kitchen Mrs. Lee?”
 
“Aigoo. You’re so polite. Call me eomoni.  And no, you’re a guest. Donghae show her around the house.”
 
“De, Umma.  Hyejin, let’s go!” Before I could answer he’s already dragging me upstairs.  He showed me his parents room, his brother’s room, the bathroom, and finally his room.  He showed me all his baby pictures! HE WAS SO CUTE!  After touring his house, we had dinner. I met his older brother. He was so sweet.  I love Donghae’s family.  They were all sweet and friendly. I’m glad they approved of me as Donghae’s girlfriend.  We talked and got to know each other.  That night, his parents ending up going to bed already and Donghwa Oppa had to do homework so he couldn’t hang out with us.  I was in Donghae’s room with him.  Yes, his parents trusted us sleeping in a room together.  We were both lying on his bed cuddling.  I liked being in his arms.  It made me feel safe.
 
“Hyejin-ah?”
 
“Hmmm?”
 
“Thank you.”
 
“For what?”
 
“For coming to Mokpo with me.  For meeting my parents. For meeting my family. Thank you. I love you for doing this for me.”
 
“It’s nothing at all Donghae. You do a lot for me. Plus, I know how much your family means to you. I love you too Donghae.  Remember that. I’d do anything for you. You mean so much to me.”
 
“And you mean so much to me too.  I know this doesn’t sound believable but every day I fall in love with you more and more.  If that’s even possible.  I never want to part with you Hyejin.  I love you so much.”  I felt my heart stop.  He’s the only one who can my heart stop. Why are you so sweet Donghae.
 
He got on top of me and started kissing me passionately.  He started ing my blouse.  He stopped.  I knew what he was thinking.  He looked at me for permission.  I leaned up and kissed him passionately.  That was my answer.  On that night, we made love to each other and lost our ity to each other.