{Reviews}

{ alice } - SM Entertainment's Newest Girl Group [apply open, closing soon!]
header

# of applicants — 002
updated on — 11/09

white rabbit — 001
mad hatter — 001
cheshire cat — 000
march hare — 001
queen of hearts — 000
caterpillar — 000

author's note — y'alls status is pending unless otherwise stated. if you've been accepted you'll be added to the plotlines and messaged directly. if i don't have enough applications i'll eventually place my own ocs in the empty spaces, but i hope i won't have to.

the reviews

author's corner

review_zps3b0e434c.jpg

Minami Haru

by littlemisstrouble

plotline — mad hatter // lead vocalist, maknae
face-claim — TWICE's Sana
love interest — none

review — hi! thank you for being the first to apply! haru is such a cutie, ahhh. :)

she's very young, so if she's accepted i could definitely see her as the maknae. interesting too, she'd be one of sm's first japanese idols, so i wonder if she'd get along with yuta.

i'm curious, is her assumption that grey hair will make her look more youthful one of her quirks, or if it's an actual stylist approved decision, or both? her fashion sense sounds adorable too, very kawaii (sorry, couldn't resist - unless, maybe that was the point).

i liked how you described her as if she was constantly hosting a party :) however, i do have a question, how does she handle any negative sort of emotions? anger, sadness? is she always that bright and cheerful, even when the situation doesn't call for it? does she pretend a lot? i'm very curious and interested in finding out.

her habits and hobbies seem a little generic, but i can't really hold that against you since i do the same thing.

also thank you for including some of the example quirks, extra brownie points for that. 

judo might come in handy later on, so that's interesting. also, it's interesting that she understands english better than korean - i like it. this might go over well with characters who know both english and korean, and might be inclined to help her learn better.

could you maybe outline her trainee life a little more? how old was she when she auditioned, and did it take more than one try? how long did she train? did she have any rivals? who was she close to while training? 

you said that her father is strict and supportive - what was her reaction when she told him she wanted to be a kpop star? was it strict or supportive? or if its both, how was it both?

thank you for including mikyung in your application! i'm sure she and haru will be very good friends indeed. :)

sooyoung, nice, nice. how did they become close? was it when haru debuted or was it during haru's trainee days? also, interesting that you used strict and supportive too for soyeon. does soyeon remind haru of her father in any way?

her plotline seems solid, but i'm wondering. you described haru as chill to the max, and it makes me curious as to what her breaking point would be. what would it take to make her just as mad as the character she plays?

other than that, you're good! i just have one thing to say. :)

i like trains.

second review: thank you for making the revisions! welcome to wonderland! <3

accepted
 
review_zps3b0e434c.jpg

kim minyoung

by sehunismine12

plotline — march hare //  main dancer, vocalist, visual
face-claim — baek sumin
love interest — jeon jungkook (BTS)

review — hello there kelly! thank you for applying! minyoungie seems like a sweetheart!

she's very close to being the youngest, but among the applicants she's only the second youngest, so probably won't be the maknae. though, interestingly enough, the mad hatter is younger than she is, despite their relationship seeming like its the opposite. i kinda like that. :)

when you say her ethnicity is asian - is she korean? japanese? chinese? i know that you said that she's of korean nationality, but i would also like her ethnicity specified so i know if she's say, half chinese on top of being half korean and so on. i'm mainly asking because one of her nicknames is "mochi", which is really cute, but that's technically a japanese confection. unless its a nickname given to her by a japanese member, which i could then see happening. but you also mention she knows basic japanese, and i'm wondering why that is.

this is the second application i've gotten where an applicant can eat a lot and not gain any weight. if only we were all so lucky, ahhh....

i'm a bit confused by her fashion style. you say she's cute and girly but then later describe how she wears graphic t-shirts to not be too girly. i'm wondering which ultimately wins out for her, comfort or cuteness.

i like the personality, very cute. :)

mm, i might have to change her backstory to meeting the mad hatter while a trainee, simply because that depends on the backstory of the applicant i chose to be the mad hatter. i find it incredibly unlikely that minyoung, her best friend, and her high school boyfriend would all make it in the industry. i'd probably have her meet the mad hatter as a trainee, and do a little more research into jungkook's background before giving the high school sweethearts plot a green light - i'm pretty sure jungkook joined big hit entertainment in the seventh grade, and would have been training through high school, again, making the possibilty of a high school romance very unlikely. but not impossible. i'll have to do a little more research into it, but if you want to revise it, feel free.

also, at what age exactly did minyoung audition for SM? did she have to go through multiple auditions?

thank yooooou for creating a manager so i don't have to awww yeaaaah ~ will definitely use jaesuk-oppa in the future.

i find it interesting that you say she might fade into the background as a part of {alice}, given that if she is the main dancer she'll probably be in the spotlight a majority of the time. which contrasts with her demure personality. very nice. 

mainly, i'm mostly wondering how the romance with jungkook would work - especially considering that they might have been training at the same time and trainees are typically not allowed to date - especially from other companies. i'm not saying its impossible, but very unlikely. if you can come up with a creative way around it, i'd be more likely to consider it. also, interestingly, jungkook actually trained in LA in 2012, a year before bts debuted (also consider that {alice} debuts in 2015, about two years after bts). how would that affect his relationship with minyoung if it existed before their relative debuts? how would the stress of training and debuting put a strain on their relationship? and, while both of them are idols (because i am totally down for them having a relationship with both of them in the industry), do they keep their relationship a secret for fear of what it brings on their respective group, especially with {alice} being a rookie group? 

thank you for applying!

pending

 
review_zps3b0e434c.jpg

character name

by username

plotline — here
face-claim — here
love interest — here

review — Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nullam porttitor dui nisi, id commodo massa imperdiet ac. Praesent velit dui, efficitur sit amet nisi id, suscipit congue orci. Nam et gravida mauris. Fusce vel tristique velit, in scelerisque lacus.

status

 
review_zps3b0e434c.jpg

character name

by username

plotline — here
face-claim — here
love interest — here

review — Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nullam porttitor dui nisi, id commodo massa imperdiet ac. Praesent velit dui, efficitur sit amet nisi id, suscipit congue orci. Nam et gravida mauris. Fusce vel tristique velit, in scelerisque lacus.

status