I WAS THERE...

❝ simply a collection of haunted, halloween tales. ❞

❝ you’re dead! i was there at your funeral! ❞


    The Day of the Dead, otherwise known as Halloween, had always been one of Jiyong’s favorite holidays. The easy planning along with the excuse to meet up with friends and have fun always made it an enjoyable day for the otherwise busy man. Not only that, but he was rather fond of putting clothes together and showing off “unique” styles. What better time to do that than at Halloween?

 

    What started as a favorite holiday, however, eventually ended up being a grim reminder of the death that’s seemingly been haunting him since last year. It was just supposed to be a fun day off with his boyfriend, shopping for costume supplies for the upcoming holiday. The two were supposed to be creepy looking skeletons together. They were going to help with each other’s makeup, stay up till early morning trying to sew things together, get terribly distracted by classic horror films playing on TV… They had everything planned out.

 

    Unfortunately, things never seemed to go according to plan for the couple.

 

    It was a terrible accident. Neither of the two males thought anyone else was out on the roads, seeing that it was so late already. They had just bought the last of the fabrics and paints needed to finish their costumes  and they decided to head over to Jiyong’s place to finish it. With Halloween only a few days away, they were both excited. With their excitement, one thing led to another and then they ended up with a distracted driver.

 

    From what Jiyong heard, their car ran a red light and crushed into a truck. His car practically fell apart from the impact and Seunghyun’s waist down was crushed by the front of the car and he was losing blood. Jiyong remembered himself completely out of it but still able to see Seunghyun in front of him. It didn’t look like he was awake, and when Jiyong tried calling out to him, there was no response.

 

    That’s because he was dead.

 

    And he’s been dead for a year and a few days now.

 

    Ignoring all his friends’ invites to Halloween parties, or rather, nights out at the club using the “holiday” as their excuse, Jiyong curled into his sheets more. A thick blanket draped over his slender frame as he buried his face into the pillow. He hated Halloween and he especially hated the memories that came along with it.

 

    Suddenly hearing footsteps approaching his bedroom, Jiyong sighed loudly and pulled the blanket up over his head. “I told you I don’t want to go to any parties tonight!” He called out weakly, not even looking up when the footsteps entered his room. He figured it was one of the guy’s coming to try and get him again. They did this to Jiyong a lot, but he wished they’d stop. Couldn’t they tell when he wanted to be alone?

 

    However, the difference now was that there was no response. Sitting up slowly, Jiyong grabbed the pillow from under him and threw it towards the door, “Go away! I told you, I’m not in the m--...” He froze, finally looking over at the figure standing by his doorway.

 

    “S-Seunghyun?” He whispered, squinting in the darkness as he tried to get a better look at the silhouette. He’d know that tall figure with the broad shoulders and slim body anywhere. That was the body that embraced him everyday and held him close at night whenever he needed it.

 

    “Seunghyun, I- You…” Pushing the blankets aside, he swung his legs off the side of the bed and quickly made his way over to the silhouette. He was tempted to reach out… To see if the man in front of him were really there. “You’re dead… I was there at your funeral,” he murmured in evident disbelief.

 

    Seunghyun reached down, long fingers caressing the other’s cheeks slowly… gently… “You’re making things hard for me, you know. Why are you wallowing around here? I thought Halloween was your favorite holiday,” the elder stated, tilting his head slightly as he kept his hand against Jiyong’s cheek.

 

    Jiyong nuzzled his cheek against the hand, not wanting the feeling of his warmth to leave his skin. “You’re an …” He closed his eyes, forcing himself not to wrap himself all around the other. “You left me alone for a year and that’s all you can say? I thought Halloween was your favorite holiday…” His cheeks heated up and he could feel his eyes starting to dampen.

 

    Leaning down slightly, Seunghyun pressed his lips against Jiyong’s forehead. He stayed there for a few moments and Jiyong was glad he did. It felt too great to be real.

 

    “Listen… You need to stop wasting yourself away like this. I’m not here to take care of you anymore and you keep making me sad when I see you like this,” Seunghyun murmured, pulling away to show that cute pout of his.

 

    “Shut up. I don’t want to hear any goodbyes,” Jiyong said quickly, arms wrapping tightly around the other. He could feel strong arms embrace his smaller frame and at this point he had to repeat don’t cry, don’t cry! over and over again to himself. If this was the only time he could get with Seunghyun, he didn’t want to waste a second of it by crying.

 

    “You know I love you, right, Ji?” Seunghyun suddenly said, one arm around Jiyong’s frame as the other brushed through his hair gently. They were simple intimacies, but they felt like magic between the couple that’s been starved from this affection for over a year. However, the contact seemed to be fleeting and it was getting harder and harder to feel the warmth from Seunghyun.

 

    Jiyong’s eyes closed even tighter as he nodded, “You know I love you, too...” He tightened his embrace on the male, snuggling his head in against Seunghyun’s chest. He could feel a tear finally roll down his cheek as he looked up again.

    Confusion settled on Jiyong’s face as he found himself curled up in bed with his arms around his pillow. A heavy sigh fell from his lips and he held onto his pillow more tightly, closing his eyes again. If what Seunghyun really wanted was for Jiyong to enjoy himself again during the holidays, he’d make sure to make this Halloween a great one.



Have another GTOP oneshot, my lovelies!
This time, it's definitely NOT as fluffy as my first chapter!
But.. My writing has been poo lately. I apologize.
Please feel free to leave me some feedback!
Inspiration: Haunted Starters on Tumblr