DID YOU HEAR THAT?

❝ simply a collection of haunted, halloween tales. ❞

❝ did you hear that? ❞


    Though Halloween was known to be a more “American” holiday, that didn’t mean Seunghyun and his boyfriend Jiyong couldn’t take part in the festivities. Considering how jam packed their schedules have been lately, they didn’t exactly have time to go all out with a Halloween party, drinks, friends, and costumes. That’s why the two decided it’d be best to have a date night in the hotel room watching all the horror films they could before they either got too tired or too scared.

 

    Prior to their date night starting, Jiyong asked a few times if they could do something else. They both knew Jiyong wasn’t the best when it came to anything scary. But with lack of privacy in the hotel and Seunghyun’s desire to see a scared GD, they eventually opted to staying in the room.

 

    “See? I told you it wouldn’t be all that bad,” Seunghyun murmured, leaning closer to his boyfriend to whisper in his ear s things finally started to calm down in the movie. The protagonist just managed to escape being chased by the dark spirits.

 

    Jiyong, whose arms were wrapped around Seunghyun’s waist, shrugged slightly. “Yeah, I guess you’re right,” he muttered, though he didn’t sound too convincing.

 

    “Then why are you clinging to me so tightly?” A soft chuckle fell from Seunghyun’s lips as he teased the younger. There were quite a few jump scares in the film and, to be honest, Seunghyun was rather surprised that Jiyong hadn’t screamed yet. He did jump a few times and squeeze Seunghyun just a little bit tighter when he was scared. But what Seunghyun really thought was cute was when Jiyong got scared and buried his face in his boyfriend’s chest.

 

    Eyes narrowing at the elder, Jiyong pulled away slightly. “I just thought that’s what you’d want since we never get to embrace like this anymore,” he paused to pull himself away, arms crossing in front of his chest. “Guess I was wrong.”

 

    Seunghyun’s brows knitted together as he reached out, gently grabbing Jiyong’s arm to tug softly. “Hey, come on… You know I love snuggling with you,” he said quietly.

 

    This time, Jiyong decided he’d be the one to do the teasing. “No, I think I’ll stay here. Unless you’re scared and you need the comforting?” He questioned, turning his head to look at his boyfriend with that challenging glimmer flashing in his eyes.

 

    A soft “Ha!” slipped past Seunghyun’s lips and he shook his head, “Alright then, you stay there by yourself. But don’t come to me when you’re scared!”

 

    And so Jiyong stayed. He wasn’t the type to give up easily when it came to a challenge from his lover. He’d prove to Seunghyun that he didn’t need him to watch a horror film. Arms still crossed in front of his chest, Jiyong leaned his head back against the couch. For a little while, Jiyong was actually able to watch without too much of a problem. However, when the of the film came and the darkness slowly crept into their room, Jiyong felt his nerves growing little by little.

 

    Just when it seemed like their dear, stupid, horror film protagonist was finally going to get snatched away, Jiyong heard rummaging from their hotel balcony. Eyes widening, Jiyong sat up straight, looking straight out at the balcony. “Did… Did you hear that?” His arms were uncrossed now and his heart felt as though it was about to beat out of his chest.

 

    “Ah, finally! I thought you’d never cave,” Seunghyun sighed with relief, reaching out to hug Jiyong against his chest.

 

However, the reaction he received was unexpected. Jiyong pushed Seunghyun away and stood up, still looking at the balcony. “I’m not kidding. I heard something outside…” He grabbed Seunghyun’s arm and pulled him up off the couch. “Let’s go check,” he whispered, suddenly lowering his voice as if whatever was outside could hear him. “Come on!” He exclaimed in his determined whisper, still tugging Seunghyun along.

 

Seunghyun just thought it was cute how Jiyong was acting, but he decided to entertain the younger. “Alright I’ll check, but there’s nothing there,” he said, stifling a small chuckle. Once they made it to the balcony, he reached out, unlocking it then letting the door slide open. “See? There’s nothing here,” he smiled assuringly towards Jiyong who was holding onto his hand with a surprising strength.

 

But then they both felt it. It was a scratching sensation on both their backs. Jiyong let out a surprised yelp and Seunghyun jumped forward, turning around quickly with an evidently surprised look on his features. Both expecting a spirit of darkness from the movie, they ended up being let down when they turned to face a laughing Seungri.

 



And that concludes the first "chapter" of my Halloween collection!

I decided to start it off with a bit of GTOP since they are my current OTP, ahah.
Please feel free to leave feedback!
Loved it? Great! Let me know, I'd be really happy to hear that!
Hated it? Great! Let me know, I'd really love to improve!
If there's something you want to see me write about next that's somehow related to Halloween, feel free to leave a request!

To be honest... I'm not very proud of myself with this. It's my first chapter for this and my first post on AFF and it's so... ehhhhh.
But I promise I'll improve as I continue writing!
Thanks for checking this out!!

Inspiration?
Haunted House Prompts from Tumblr!