The Rumors

Swimming Is My Life

After that day, I've been going back everyday but the mysterious girl never showed up. I honestly wasn't even sure if she lived in my building either, because I haven't seen her walking around. Maybe she was just visiting, but I still didn't stop visiting the pool to see if the mysterious girl was there. Something about her just captured my attention.

"Minho, what's wrong?" I heard MinYoung asked.

I turn to see MinYoung giving me a worried look. It's been two weeks, and she has gotten closer to all of us, especially Onew and Kibum. I could tell Onew had fell for her, it was obvious, and that Key was enjoying her presence. I only thought of her as a little sister that I felt like I needed to take care of.

I chuckled and ruffle her hair, making her pout. "Nothing, Minnie. I was just thinking."

"Is it okay if I ask?"

"It's nothing much. Just that there's this person who beat me in a swimming race. I've never lost before..."

MinYoung giggled, but it was different from the others. It was a real laugh. "Maybe this is tell you something."

"Telling me something?"

"Yep. Maybe this is an obstacle for you ... or maybe it's something that's going to change everything."

*Change everything.* I thought about it and wondered if it was true. So .... Is this really telling me something? That thought continued to occupy my mind until I realized that I had went back to the entrance of the pool. Why do I keep coming here, I know she isn't going to be here.

Then I heard a splash. I immediately ran to see if it was her ... and it was. I immediately changed out into my swimming outfit and jumped in.

"You're back?" The girl sighed, irritated.

"Yes. I came to take you up on that challenge of yours." I stated.

The girl smirked and nodded. "Fine, the first person who can swim from here to there and back twice, wins."

I nodded and we both got ready. The girl counted off and then we both shot off. I kept all my focus on swimming hard and winning. When I finished I already saw her getting out of the pool and drying herself off.

"Nice try. But, I'll tell you my name anyway. My name is Kapio." She winked and left.

*How did she beat me?! I was so sure I won!! But at least I got her name ... Kapio.* I smiled. She's interesting.

The next day was a day off from school, so I decided to go to JinKi's Pastry shop - Dreamy Tale. I don't know why he opened up a pastry shop when he loves chicken, but I'm not complaining, in fact, I love his pastries. Dreamy Tale's pasties were unique both in flavor and appearance.

"Hey, Minho, you're here today!" JinKi called.

I smiled and sat down in a booth. He came over and handed me a menu. "What are you doing here?"

"Ah, I just felt like eating some sweets. I have nothing to do today." I answered.

JinKi nodded. "That ... well for you. I'm going to be hanging out with MinYoung later today." JinKi gave me a bright smile. Anyone could tell that he loves her, but I knew he had no chance. There was just something between MinYoung and Key, and JinKi knew that but he wasn't going to give up. I admire him for that, but he should know when he doesn't have a chance.

I chuckled and JinKi left. I looked at the menu and debated whether I should have the banana split or the chocolate chip pie. But, being the pig I am, I decided to have them both.

"Hello," A familar voice said, "I'm Kapio, and I'll be your waitress for today."

*Kapio?* I look up and sure enough it was her. When she saw me she glared and placed her hands on her hips.

"What are you doing here? Are stalking me now? You better stop!" Kapio threatened.

I shook my head. "Why would I want to stalk you? I have better things to do. I'm here because this is my friends shop and I wanted to eat some sweets."

She blinked. "JinKi is your friend? Since when?"

"Since we were little. We and a few others are the kingkas of the school."

Kapio blinked again, processing this information then sighed. "okay, fine. Anyway, how may I help you?"

"I want a banana split and a chocolate chip pie, please. Oh and a chocolate milkshake, thank you very much."

She rolled her eyes and went to take the order. After waiting a while, she came back with my order. "Here is your order, please enjoy."

Before she could leave, my hand shot out and stopped her. Kapio turned and gave me a confused look.

"Eat with me." I said.

Kapio shook her head and tried to pull her hands out of my grip. "No thanks. I don't eat with strangers, especially my customers."

"But we know each other."

"Pfft, you know my name, I don't know yours though." She still tried to pull away, but I had a tight grip on her wrist.

"Well, sit and eat with me and I'll tell you."

"No thanks. JinKi will get mad at me if he sees me ditching my work to eat with you."

I rolled my eyes and called out to JinKi. "Hey Onew! Is it okay if this girl eats with me."

JinKi look up and shook his head. "No, it's okay. Just don't keep her for very long."

I smirked. "There, he doesn't mind. Now, sit and eat with me."

Kapio stopped struggling and sat down. "Why do you want me to eat with you?"

I thought about that. *That's a good question. Why did I ask her to sit and eat with me? It was by instinct to do that, but why?*

I shrugged. "Just because."

Kapio gave me a look, then sighed. "Well, since I'm here, you can tell me your name now."

I held out a spoon for her. "I'm Minho. It's nice to meet you, Kapio."

Kapio grabbed the spoon and shot me a smirk. "And it's nice to meet you too, Minho. Thank you for treating me."

All I did was nod. "You're welcome."

We both started digging in to the desserts. Every now and then we would make light talk, but that was it. For some reason, we started having a competition in eating as well. We were both eating fast and as much as we could. Then when it came to the final bite of the chocolate chip pie, we both had a stare-down. After a while, my hand shot out to grab it, but she was quicker and, before I knew it, she had already eaten it.

Kapio her spoon and sat back with a satisfied sigh. "That was good, and it seems like I won again."

I arc an eyebrow. "Okay, first you beat me at swimming then you beat me at a food eating contest. That's just ... not possible. I never lose, how is it that I'm losing now."

Kapio rolled her eyes. "Dude, don't think so high and might of yourself. There's always someone who's bound to beat you. But there's a lesson from losing: learn from your mistakes."

I tilted my head, thinking. "Learn from your mistakes ... Does that mean you use to lose a lot?"

"Not a lot. I lost once, and I learned from that mistake. I wish I could take back that loss...." She had a sad look on her face for a while before it disappeared and she stood up. "Well, thank you. It's best that I get back to my work."

When she left, JinKi came and sat down across from me. He arc an eyebrow and stared at me. "So ... you and Kapio huh? What's your interest in her?"

I sat back and shrugged. "I have no interest in her. She beat me in swimming."

JinKi nodded. "It's to be expected."

"Why?"

"Because that's all she lives for. Kapio's known for talent in swimming. She has medals and awards from all her games. Nobody can beat her. But ... Kapio is also known for having an aggressive personality. Nobody has seen her smile or laugh. It's actually miracle that you got her to talk to you."

"Uh-huh, so ... Kapio has never lost in swimming? Not even once?" I asked.

"Well ... Not that I know. Why?"

"Oh, nothing." I mentally smiled. *Maybe this might be a good thing.* "Thank you JinKi, for the wonderful dessert. I'll see you at school on Monday."

JinKi waved and I left. *Kapio ... Be prepared.*

Kapio's POV

I watched as Minho left the restaurant with his cool posture and his know-it-all smirk. Something about him just irks me, but there was also something him that ... intrigued me. Minho was different person. He wasn't like the other guys who wasted their time flirting with girls. Minho seemed like the type of guy who was serious about sports and wouldn't go down without a fight. He seemed like ... a worthy opponent.

At the end of my working hours I was about to leave, but JinKi called me over.

"Yes boss?" I asked as I sat across from him in a booth.

He leaned forward and placed his chin on his hands, looking at me, curious. "What's your relationship with Minho?"

I blinked and stared at him. "Um ... we don't have any, why?"

"Well ... It just seems like you guys know each other extremely well. I've never seen you talk to anyone else before unless you really knew them. And it doesn't seem like you and Minho have known each other long."

"Ah, no we haven't. We actually live in the same building. I met him a couple weeks ago at the pool. When we first met, we had a challenge and I beat him. It's as simple as that."

JinKi arc an eyebrow. "That's it?"

I bit my lip. "Well ... There is something about him that interest him. Can you tell me what he's like?"

JinKi leaned back into his seat. "Minho? Well ... he's charming but also quiet. He doesn't flirt with girls. Actually, all he cares about his sport and ... MinYoung."

"Wait, MinYoung?" I asked, feeling something inside me that I didn't like.

"Yep, MinYoung. She is someone very close to Minho's heart, although he doesn't publicly say it, everyone knows. Anyway, Minho is very competitive and has never lost before ... well at least until he met you. So ... you may have to watch out. He won't go down so easily and will probably won't give up until he has won against you."

"Oh I see. Well, he can bring it. I definitely won't go down without a fight." I said and smirked. "Anyway, thank you for telling me, boss. I'll see you tomorrow."

JinKi nodded. I left and on my way home I mentally vowed to myself. *I will try my very hardest not to lose to you, Minho. You can try and win, but I definitely won't go easy.*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hurray!!! Chapter 2!!! Hope you guys enjoyed it!!