Chapter 1

Living Together

"Mr. and Mrs. Yoon, thanks for letting me stay here while my parents are away." "It's not a problem, dear! Your parents have always done so much for us, this is a small favour to return!" "My parents gave me allowance, so I can go out and eat instead of asking you to cook extra, Mrs. Yoon." "Oh no, it's no trouble at all!"

You woke up to your parents making a big racket downstairs. Rubbing your eyes, you got dressed and started going downstairs. "Mom, dad, what's going on?" You said, still rubbing at your left eye. "We were just about to tell you, honey! One of my best friends asked for a favour and I couldn't say no." You stared at your mother, confused. "What do you mean?" "It means that your mother's friend's son will be staying with us for a while." Your dad sipped his coffee. "Cool, who is it?" You blinked. "He's in the toilet dear, just be patient." Your mother sighed.

Sitting down to eat breakfast, you shrugged. Just then, flushing sounds were heard, followed by the sound of running water. You stared at the toilet door, wanting to see who would come out from the other side. After what seemed like forever, the door opened.

"Jeon Wonwoo?! What are you doing at my house!"


After a few explanations (and your father holding you back from punching Wonwoo), you were seated on the couch, arms crossed. "Whatever, I'm going up to my room." As you trudged upstairs, your mother yelled, "That's no way to act to a guest!" Slamming the door and locking it, you buried your face in a pillow. "I really hate that stupid Jeon."

You heard a knock on your door. "I don't want to see anyone!" "It's me, silly. Jeonghan. Open up!" You unlocked the door and opened it, pulling Jeonghan inside. 'Bro, you came!" Locking the door once more, you climbed back into your bed. "What did he do to get so much hate from my adorable sister anyway?'' Jeonghan pinched your cheeks and you sulked. You hated it when he did that. "He's a huge jock at my school, and he always picks on me with his friends. Annoying creep." "Maybe he likes you, lil sis." "No, never, zilch, zero. I don't care if he does. It's a pain in my-"

Your phone started ringing and you picked up. "Hello, Aerin? Yeah, I'll come out and meet you. Now? Sure." After hanging up, you leapt to your feet. "Sorry oppa, but I have to go out to meet Aerin." Jeonghan shrugged. "I'll scout for you and tell you if it's clear." He left the room, before coming back quickly. "No one's around, so you go ahead." You smiled and thanked him, running out to meet Aerin.


"And I swear, Aerin, I am so pissed!" You threw your hands in the air, as Aerin sipped her smoothie. "Well, maybe you should get to know the dude. He is THE Jeon Wonwoo after all. Girls like him for a reason." You snorted and crossed your arms. "Whatever it is, he bugs me. I'm glad it's the weekend so I have time to recover from this shock."

A few hours later, you finally went back home. Your family and Wonwoo were seated at the table, waiting for you to come back. "Sorry I'm late, I went to meet Aerin for a bit and the bus came late." Sitting down next to Jeonghan, you waited for your parents to start eating first. Once they took their share, you and Jeonghan dug in. The table was silent, missing it's usual loud chatter. You finished eating quickly, and washed your plate. Heading upstairs, you took your phone out of your pocket.

"Yeah, I'll come meet up with you guys tomorrow too. Bye." You smiled, hanging up. Hearing a knock on your door, you opened it. "Wonwoo?" You blinked. "Yeah, about that.. Mind if I come in?"

After letting him in, he started to talk. "I know I've been a huge jerk to you, and I don't expect you to forgive me.. But since we're staying together, I want to call a truce." You stared at him, crossing your arms and raising an eyebrow. "I'm serious, I really hope we can be friends. I'll even take you out to dinner to prove it." Wonwoo smiled sheepishly. "Fine, Jeon. For the sake of my parents. Also, I never got to ask. How long are you staying?" "Um, about 3 months?"

"WHAT?"


The next day, Wonwoo dragged you out to eat dinner with him, and your parents were very pleased. (Mom in particular) As you were walking down the street, Wonwoo asked you random questions, wanting to get to know you better. When you reached the restaurant, Wonwoo led you to the table he reserved, pulling out your chair for you. You snorted, sitting down. "You don't have to do that, silly. We're not on a date or anything." "Yeah, we aren't.." He grimaced, opening his menu to cover his face. Raising an eyebrow, you opened your menu.

When the waiter asked for your order, you ordered the cheapest main dish you could order. Wonwoo ordered something more pricey, and you shrugged. It was his money he was burning. After the waiter left, Wonwoo squinted at you. "Why didn't you order something more expensive? Everyone I take out always does." You sighed, "I'm not everyone, Wonwoo. I don't like it when other people spend a lot of money on me." He smiled, patting your hand.

"You're really special."

The waiter came back a while later, bringing both of your foods. You had a huge portion and your eyes widened. "I asked the chef to give you extra because you're cute." He smiled, placing your dish in front of you. Wonwoo glared at him, and you smiled awkwardly. "Thanks, I guess?" The waiter continued to flirt with you, ignoring the fact that you didn't seem interested. Wonwoo bit his lip, annoyed at the waiter. You rolled your eyes, and told the waiter. "Sorry dude, but my boyfriend over here isn't very happy. Could you leave?"

Wonwoo practically leapt at you over the table.


Dusting your shoulders off, you groaned. "Wonwoo, I can't believe you got us kicked out! The food looked so good!" He sulked, wiping sauce off his shirt. "I was just really happy.." You smacked his head lightly. "You could have waited a bit!" "I'm sorry, okay? Hey! Cut it out- Ow!"

You dragged him to a convenience store in the area, and sat him down inside. "I'll go buy some cup ramyeon, it's cheaper. Want anything else?" "Foie gras, gouda, and maybe some caviar." "Eggs it is, with a slice of cheese for you. A sausage too, probably."

Wonwoo looked away from his phone and noticed you slurping your ramyeon a while later, and wanted to try. You had your mouth full of noodles, but you nodded. He grabbed a few strands and ate as cleanly as he could. You blinked, and found your head tilting towards Wonwoo. Trying not to wildly move around (lest you hit your ramyeon), you froze in place. Wonwoo hadn't noticed, because he had his phone in one of his hands. You bit the noodle off, sighing in relief. He still hadn't noticed.

After you both reached your house, you smiled, "Thanks for dinner, Wonwoo. It was pretty fun." He laughed, taking off his shoes. "You're welcome, I'm glad you enjoyed yourself." You smiled, going upstairs to your room.

"Maybe he's not that bad after all?"