Still I need you, even if you don't need me

Still I Need You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Was not planning on posting this just yet but I had a free day today so I started writing whatever was on my mind and before I knew it I was writing the sequel to Still I'm Lonely...

_____________________________________________

 

 

Woohyun has been acting differently, Sunggyu noticed... for days now he had been kind of avoiding him. He was not totally and obviously doing it though... Woohyun still stood in the same room, still talked to him, still touched him sometimes... but less... when he could avoid to acknowledge his hyung's presence, he did. Sunggyu didn't like it, not at all... they were supposed to be best-friends, so if something was wrong, Woohyun would tell him... no? No... he wouldn't... because Sunggyu wouldn't tell him if he was in his place, he would not want to bother him with his own problems...

 

He was not blind though. He knew pertinently that it had to do about that night Woohyun came into his room and burst in tears in his hold. The younger never told him why he cried, he kept quiet at all the questions Sunggyu asked. That lead to the elder giving up and both falling asleep holding each other. Once they woke up, that's when everything changed, when Woohyun started looking less at him, sticking less to him, not touching him and talking to him as often as he used to... That made the leader anxious, kind of paranoiac... because he didn't know what his best-friend had on his mind, didn't know what was wrong... and he needed to know, also needed his best friend. He needed Woohyun at the moment, so ing much.

 

His second solo album had just been dropped and it was a way bigger success than his first one, everything was happening so fast and he was all alone to cope with it. He was freaking out, he was not sure about how he should act to this... before, he used to share this all with his six brothers but now he was getting everything alone. Sunggyu was not sure about how he was feeling about that. He needed Woohyun, he needed his best friend to hug him and tell him everything would be alright... he needed him to smile widely at him and say that he was awesome so he would kill everything. But of course it would never happen as Woohyun was barely greeting him nowadays.

 

It was him, himself, who had asked Jungyeop to cast Woohyun as the MC for his showcase. He thought that maybe by sharing a waiting room, just the two of them, that it would make the younger finally acknowledge him as he used to... He couldn't have been more wrong... Woohyun didn't do anything about it. Even as they were both getting their makeup done, even if they were sitting side by side, Sunggyu was doing vocal warmup as the younger was simply roaming around his twitter. It was like they were not even bandmates. It made the leader want to hit his friend and yell at him, asking him what the he did for him to give him the cold shoulder like that.

 

Woohyun's behavior didn't changed during the showcase. He acted his script perfectly, layering the grease and putting on a mask in front of the crowd, to fake like their relationship was good. So Sunggyu put his mask on as well, but both knew that whatever was happening on stage was all for show. Nothing was real. Still Sunggyu liked the fact Woohyun's eyes were set on just him even for those brief seconds... call him pathetic but he had missed being Woohyun's center of attention. Maybe the younger had had rubbed off on him...

 

As they stepped off stage, everything went back to normal... whatever normal was normal right now. Woohyun was back to ignoring him and giving more attention to his cellphone than anything else around him. It made the leader want to rip that device off his hands and smash it against the wall so it would bring Woohyun's focus on him even for some more seconds. He wanted Woohyun to see him, to lay eyes on him... just like he used to do with a little smile on those thick pouty lips of his. What had happened to his best-friend? The boy in front of him, the one he'd been working with lately... it was not his best-friend at all.

 

Nothing was different as they were making their way back home from the showcase. Sunggyu had decided to sit in the middle alongside Woohyun instead of in front as always. He wanted to try and initiate contact just to see if the younger would deny him. He would not... would he? It was only like three minutes since they had pulled off when Sunggyu moved and laid his head on Woohyun's shoulder. This had the younger glance at him for a second, asking lowly about what the hell was he doing. The elder replied that he was tired and his shoulder was more comfortable than the window. To the leader's surprise, Woohyun groaned and pulled him off, saying that he was feeling stiff and his neck hurt so he could not lay on him.

 

Sunggyu almost snapped... because Woohyun had never done that to him, even when his back hurt or his neck, he would wrap an arm around his leader and pull him close to lay on his chest, or he would climb at the back with him to let him lay on his lap... never, NEVER had Woohyun denied him a shoulder to rest on. Crossing his legs and trying his best not to look affected by the younger singer's actions, Sunggyu pulled his phone out and texted the second eldest.

 

To: Doongie

Dong-ah, you and Howon go down to the other dorm. If I don't text you to come back later, you spend the night there.

 

He got a reply almost instantly... typically Dongwoo.

 

From: Doongie

... Woohyun's getting scolded... isn't he?

 

So the others had noticed too, how Woohyun was behaving.

 

To: Doongie.

I need to have a word with him.

 

From: Doongie

Please guys, don't fight.

 

Sunggyu scoffed and pocketed back his phone. Why would they fight? They'd only come once to fists and it was before they debuted... when they were still raging teenagers. Words often get loud because the younger had a tendency to tease the leader quite a lot but besides shoves and threats, it never got bad. Sunggyu was not the type to get really mad anyway, he was easy to upset and held grudges but he was not a dictator. When he scolded and reprimanded a member, he never had to do it twice, he was thankful to his brothers for that... Only Woohyun would play around a bit before complying and listening to Sunggyu.

 

But Woohyun was not JUST a pain in the for Sunggyu. Woohyun never really swallowed the fact Sunggyu took his place as the leader of INFINITE. HE, Woohyun, was the original leader... but he could not get the members to listen to him and Jungyeop did not deem him mature enough. Sunggyu, being a better candidate than him, got the position as a leader. That was the day they'd had the fight. Since that day, Woohyun had always been his wingman, his right hand, his assistant kind-of. Or better yet, They were Mom and Dad, as the other members used to call them. Sunggyu would be dad, scolding them, then Woohyun would pat their head like a mom.

 

But Mommy was now sulking Daddy and Daddy had no idea why. But he didn't like it at all.

 

'' Guys we're here.'' Sunho, their manager suddenly called out.

 

Sunggyu hummed and stood first. He patted the man's shoulder, thanking him and wishing him a good night before stepping out. Woohyun quickly followed, doing the same as the leader half-heartedly and stumbled on his feet once he touched ground. They waited until the car was driving away then turned to head inside their complex. The younger kept his head down, eyes fixed to the ground as he slowly followed his hyung. It made Sunggyu want to slap him behind the head so much. But he restrained his desire. Once inside the elevator, he stopped Woohyun from pressing his level's number. The younger groaned at him in question.

 

'' You're not going to your dorm tonight, you're coming to the upper one'' The leader said with an expressionless voice.

 

'' Why so?'' The younger asked as if nothing was wrong.

 

Sunggyu sent him a slight glare. '' We need to talk. Seriously.'' He leaned against the elevator's walls. '' Howon and Dongwoo came down earlier so we'll be alone''

 

He heard the younger singer sigh deeply. '' Just tell it here''

 

The leader sent him another glare as he pulled away from the wall once the doors dinged open. '' No, now you follow me''

 

Without waiting for the other's response, Sunggyu grabbed his wrist and pulled him along, ignoring the little fluttering of his heart by the simple contact of Woohyun's skin against his. He'd missed that, feeling the younger's always warmer skin against his own one. But this was not what he should be thinking about at the moment. He had to remember that he should be scolding him... that he had to make him stop this stupid behavior of his. Even as they reached the door, he didn't let go of the younger, knowing how Woohyun liked to play foul... he would most probably run away if the leader was to let go of his hand.

 

They entered the dark and quiet dorm without a word, Sunggyu freeing his dongsaeng only once he had closed the door. Woohyun stepped away from his as soon as he was free like his leader was about to hit him or something. But once he saw the hurt in his hyung's eyes, caused by his gesture, he lowered his own orbs to stare at the ground. Both boys kept silent as they undid their shoes and shed off their jackets. Sunggyu busy thinking about what words he should choose and Woohyun wondering about the exact reason his leader wanted to talk to him.

 

Wordlessly, freaking out in his body and his heart about to pop out of his chest out of anxiety, Woohyun slowly followed suit the elder. He dared send some glances at him but the sight of his large back, stance steady and full of confidence made him feel small in his shoes. All these days long he had managed to avoid him, was able to keep his game on... but he knew that once something like this would happen... once Sunggyu would have had enough and would have put on his Leader suit, once he would bring Woohyun in a place alone with him... that the younger would drop to his knees and give up everything. Call him a doormat but he could never stand against Sunggyu.

 

The leader sat on the couch comfortably and beckoned for his fellow singer to join him. He was hesitant at first, but again, Woohyun could never disobey Sunggyu, not when the elder was looking at him with these sharp eyes and that expressionless face. When he was like that... none of the members could disobey, not even him. So like the obediant little puppy that he was, he sat on the couch, by his hyung, wishing hard that whatever the other was going to tell him, that he would not end up crying...

 

'' Woohyun-ah, are you okay lately? Is there any trouble or... anything wrong?'' Sunggyu started, trying to see if anything was on the other's mind. When he had to scold someone, he was always asking that first thing.

 

The younger took a deep breath and pulled his legs up to his chest, hugging them as he laid his chin on his knees. '' I just... well... There's just... this weird thing I'm feeling lately and I just... I have trouble coping with it, it's nothing bad...''

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter