Her Side Of The Story

Our Own ways

She woke up, sleep still in her eyes, she lifted up her hands and rubbed the sleepiness away, getting up from her bed she went down into the kitchen to get a glass of water. 

Black jet hair and that all too familiar presence, it was definitely Yuri she saw at the game yesterday. Jessica giggled, seeing how much Yuri had grown brought back her childhood memories, it was weird seeing Yuri all grown up as a 18 yr old. It then hit Jessica, she suddenly remembered why they're no longer friends anymore, it was just a stupid arguement that costed them their friendship. However Jessica needed it to happen if she was going to do well in her new school. 

She sat in the girls toilets all alone, she had already been in her new school for a week now and she still couldn't make new friends, what Jessica was really afraid of was being the new target for bullying, everyone else started school early and she was late, everyone already knew eachother so there was no room for Jessica. 

She sat lonely on top of the toilet seat it was lunch and the school canteen was full of intimidating students, she checked for her phone flipping back to pictures of her and Yuri, they all mostly were taken at the basketball court except for one which was when they attended their schools leaver party. With Jessica smiling and looking at Yuri and Yuri facing the camera. She missed Yuri more than anything, she had wished she came with her to the new school so she wouldn't have to feel so lonely then. 

Thud. the toilet door smacked open "Ew loser what are you doing eating in the toilets." 

That was how Jessica met her new set of "friends" Hara, the girl who interupted Jessicas little memory trip in the toilets, was the one to pick a fight with her. Jessica was fed up, she just wanted to get out of her new school and back with Yuri so she fought, hard.

Somehow everyone then knew of Jessica Jung, the one who stood up to that to the schools Hara, it was like the schools tradition, to fight the class . The next day after both getting beaten up by eachother Hara went up to Jessica, Jessica couldn't lie she was scared the bruises on her face had hurt enough she didn't need more, but to Jessica's surprise Hara offered her a place in her "gang" or else, since Jessica was forced into it she had no choice. 

After a week of feeling unwanted Jessica finally found a place, it may not had been the sort of crowd she would choose in the first place but she'd take what she'd get. After that she went around with Hara and her friends, landing her self the title of the princess, she hadn't even done much everyone just assumed she was a . And Tyler took a liking to this, with social status of being the school's prince Tyler needed a princess, and the ice princess seemed like the perfect match. 

Jessica gradually started to forget where she had came from, she started to lose herself in the new reality of hers, in the schools heirarchy system, there was no longer room for her old friends and her old school, there was no longer room for Yuri. So when Yuri kept on messaging her it annoyed her, she had no time anymore to mess around with Yuri, she had a reputation to hold up, she told Yuri on many occasions if she could stop messaging her for awhile cause she needed to focus on her study, which was half true but it was just because Jessica didn't need to keep to replaying old memories to feel happy again she found a new way of keeping her happy, by going around and taking happiness away from people.

It ended up as a massive arguement between her and Yuri, and even though Jessica was in the wrong she couldn't bring herself to say sorry to Yuri because why would it matter? Yuri was no longer part of Jessica's life. 

-/-/-

After classes i went straight home and grabbed the first basketball i could find lying around the house, dad was busy with work, he was offered a job at a firm as some sort of manager after coaching oppa's basketball team, one of the guys on oppas teams dad offered it to my dad. I suppose that was when i stopped dribbling the ball, oppa became busy with his matches and dad was rarely home, i didn't feel like playing basketball cause I didn't have anyone to play with anymore. There were Hae, Leeteuk and Siwon but it didn't feel as fun playing with them as it did playing with my oppa and dad. After that i started to become unhappy again and oppa noticed this, so oppa asked me to be the deputy coach for his basketball team, it made me temporarily happy as i spent my days planning games but everyday all i'd think about was how much more fun it would be if Jessica was there helping me along the way. 

a few weeks later i asked her how school was, if she was having any trouble, and if there were any kids i needed to sort out. She replied no, a simple no, which weirded me out because Jessica never gave me short answers, she was known for nagging me and going on for hours ranting about how i should wash my hair everyday how i should pay attention in school, she was known for keeping in line. It went on like that, Jessica only gave me short answers, i felt like she was drifting away from me but i thought i was just being too clingy, i messaged her one night and she must've been in a bad mood that night because she lashed out at me, and i felt hurt i felt  like Jessica was all i had left but then she lashed out on me. 

"Hey it's been awhile how are you Sica?" 

"Yuri not now." 

"Oh sorry Sica, i just... i've missed you." 

"Yuri seriously. Not in the mood." 

"Jessica all i did was just ask how you were." 

"Why would you care?! We barely talk anyway and plus im busy with school, i don't have time for this." 

"You don't have time for this? or you dont  have time for your bestfriend?" 

"Both, im busy so stop bothering me." 

A few days after that i met her at her school, she was with a different crowd of people and it worried me, i came up to her and she got mad at me for making an appearance, it made me feel like because she then went on how we weren't suppose to be seen with eachother anymore, that i was costing her her social status. So i got mad, but i didn't want to hurt her of course i didn't, but i did the most embarrassing thing i could do on the spot. I cried. For the first time in ages i cried. And on top of that i cried infront of Jessica, the girl i never wanted to show any weaknesses to. Hae was there on that day, he wanted to check that everything would be alright so he kept behind me and waited watching for what would happen. He ran from his spot infront of Jessica calling her a she laughed at him and mocked him then went away with her friends. 

That day killed me. I was sure it wasn't Jessica Jung i was talking to that day, it was some fake. The Jessica i loved had gone.