Chp. 1

Our Own ways

Kwon Yuri, age 18. 

How would i describe myself? 

Awkward, unsociable, lazy, you know just your average teenager. Im a bit of a nerd too, but the worst type. I lack basic common sense. 

So far i have no idea what to do with my life, my so called 'love life' gets in the way too much, but i don't think i can even call it a love life. 

If a love life means still being infatuated by your so called childhood love for more than 6 years without them knowing then yeah, i have a love life. 

She never knew about it, me being in love with her. We parted ways without me ever confessing it, we also didn't part ways well. I like to believe that we were both in the wrong, but thats just me being in denial. 

It happened when we were 13, we had been bestfriend for some time and we were quite the inseparable pair. Wherever she went i went, and vice versa. People would tell us how weird they found it that we were bestfriends, we were so different from eachother. Her Girly smart image contrasted with my boyish rough personality, But i thought that was what made us the perfect pair. 

Our school closed down and us students had to attend transfer to different schools, her parents thought it was the best time to transfer her to one of the best private school in Seoul whilst i went with the majority. 

It was inevitable. We were bound to grow distant from eachother, even if we had promised to stay close to eachother. Days turned into weeks, weeks turned into months. We got too busy for eachother, and we changed. Eventually months turned into years. It was the biggest arguement we ever had, after that we never really spoke again nor did we make up. 

Call me delusional but, some parts of me tells me she once loved me too. 

"Yo! Yul have you done the homework?" Snapping me back from my self narration Donghae takes a seat right next to me. 

"Yeah, here." From my school bag i grab the maths homework for Hae to copy. As usual. 

Lee Donghae, My boy bestfriend. He attended the same school as me from before, i'm not quite sure how we ended up being bestfriends but we're practically siblings at this point, the same goes for Siwon and Leeteuk. 

"Yul, is that the homework?" Siwon swiftly grabs my homework off of Donghae.

"Hey!" Donghae calls out 

"Hurry up, Mrs Nam is collecting the homeworks." Leeteuk then takes the sheet off of Siwon. 

I watch the three in amusement as they idiotically fight for my completed homework, a typical scene in my daily life. 

"You know, you guys could try doing your homework for once." I sit back as they rush to copy my work. 

"But that'll require us to think Yul." 

I roll my eyes at Leeteuk's comment "Thats the point pabo." 

"These idiots didn't do their work again did they?" Sooyoung catches Leeteuk in a headlock. 

"Yah shikshin do you want to die?!" Leeteuk threatens, trying to escape from Sooyoungs death grip. 

"You can't just rely on Yuri." Hyoyeon joins in, hitting the trio on the head. 

"Yah! Stop hitting us! People would think you're the guys." Leeteuk repeatedly slaps Sooyoung to get off him. 

"Aish, you three are hopeless." Soo sighs in defeat, letting go of Leeteuk. 

The bell rings, and the trio swiftly leaves class before Mrs Nam collects any more homework. Hyo, Soo and i follow the three to our usual spot. 

"Yul you're coming to watch the game right?" Siwon asks. 

"I don't know, i think ive got some studying to do." 

"Oh come on! You always have studying to do." Leeteuk exclaims. 

"That's because Yuri cares about her future!" Soo swoops in. 

Ignoring Sooyoung, Hae turns to me "You know its been awhile since you've been out with the team." 

"But Hae," 

"Come on Yul, when was the last time you went somewhere with us." 

"Alright, alright. I guess theres no harm in coming to tonights game." 

Basketball in cheongdong High was what football was to American highschool, since Cheongdong High was one of the best highschool for athletic students, we get quite competitive in basketball. 

In our first year i became close with everyone on the team, since my oppa was known as the Slam Dunking Legend every aspiring basketballer in my school came to know me in hopes to get on my Oppas team. I soon became the junior basketball teams coach for a while until- well i don't actually remember, i guess i became too caught up in my studies.

"Hyo, Soo you'll be coming too right?" Siwon asked them.

"Uh yeah sure, why not." Sooyoung smiled shyly. 

 "Yeah im game, as long as we get front row seats." Hyo said. 

"You can even sit with the team if you want, how about it coach?" Hae smiles turning to me.

"Sure."