Goodbye for now

It is never-ending

His hair. Has his hair always been this dark? 


He never knew. More like he has forgotten since he's been masquerading it in shades of the Autumn.


Autumn is his favorite season of the year. He hasnt been dubbed "The Prince of Autumn" for no reason.


He chuckles as he ruminates on the past 11 years that had gone by with s. His second family. Super Junior.


He has seen s being sent off to the military. Some of them he had sent off personally. 


Now it was his turn. The inevitability of it all was glaring at him like the blinding sun in the morning. 


He bitterly remembers the tidal wave of emotions he had felt each time he said goodbye. No. He will not subject himself to it this time.


Because he fears that the time when he turns back and sees his beloved members, he will be showing the whole world his weakness. That his resolve would crumble to dust and that he would run to his leader's arms like a child on his first day of school.


And so he turns his heart to stone and ridicules his hyungs when they suggest seeing him off in his signature snarky style.


Not even his Kyuline was spared. Suho and Minho were hounding him non stop but he knows better than to allow those two to come. The ruckus they created during Changmin's enlistment still drains his spirits when he thinks about it.


Suddenly his eyes well up but he swallows back the sob that is to follow. His mom hugs him from behind and lovingly grazes her fingers against the dark black carpet.


Its time to say Goodbye for now.


On his way to the training center, he sees his loyal ELFs waiting to catch a final glimpse of him in his traditional military get up.


His father and mother flank him and so do the managers as he walks past dozens of fans squealing and calling out to him with tears in their eyes. 


If only he could last till he steps into the training center.....


He refuses to let his emotions run amock by lowering his cap and guarding his eyes. His father gives his hand a tentative squeeze as he picks up pace and walks towards the entrance. 


His entire 11 year career flashes before his eyes in fast forward.


His official debut......


His fatal accident.....


His solo debut......


His Radio Star and other variety shows.....


He slaps himself mentally for his over dramatic thoughts. 


These kinds of things happen only in movies where the actor's past flashes back when something bad happens to him.


This is anything but bad. With his enlistment, the torturous 10 year enlistment cycle of his group will be over and done with. He can finally be with all s again. He can..............


Be with Siwon again........


Speaking of whom, he wonders if Siwon will be there to receive him. Call it wishful thinking because he has been missing him terribly. His dreary days were hard to get by with just calls and letters.


Nothing beats the real thing. Although Siwon graces his presence whenever he can, it was never enough. It just wasnt the same.


Anyway he cant wait to show him his new look. Knowing Siwon, he would probably freak out at first sight.


He takes one last glance back at his fans, his companions and his family, waves at them all and bows a couple times before entering. They will be alright. He will be alright. 


Its just Goodbye for now.......


Then moments later Donghae, Changmin and Siwon meet him half way. Hyukjae and Ryeowook are there as well.


They all make fun of his shorn hair but wish only the best for him since they spent most of their days mollycoddling him. He is their baby maknae after all.


Everyone leaves except for one. And that one has his eyes piercing his with a faint longing smile gracing his lips. 


"You are just gonna stand there? Not gonna welcome me or anything?" He asks. To which Siwon chuckles and approaches near, drinking in his love's exquisiteness to his heart's content.

 

"Changmin's been telling me what you guys been doing together!" He says taking a step back, Siwon's presence flustering his senses. He blushes. Siwon laughs and holds him so that he doesn't step back anymore.


"And...." Siwon drawls and leans forward.


Kyuhyun panics and looks around. Siwon drags him to a quiet place nearby.


"You were saying!" He urges.


"I dont like you being chummy with him!" Kyuhyun says.


"I am confused! Are you jealous because I have been hogging him all this time or the other way around?" Siwon asks raising one of his eyebrows. 


"Tch. What do you think?" Kyuhyun asks.


"I dont know what to think baby. My mind's all muddled now that I am seeing you like this. You look absolutely stunning." He confesses. Kyuhyun's heart races in his chest. He better get out of there before things got out of hand.


"I should get going. ......" he tries to excuse himself but Siwon pulls him back. He could feel the coarse tree trunk poking his back through the flimsy fabric of his tee. 


"Its really short!" Siwon exclaims as he runs his hand on his head.


"Stop that. Almost everyone's been doing that since this morning." He scolds. Siwon ignores the sharp bite from his kitten and laughs wholeheartedly. But doesnt remove his hand that rests on top of his head. 


Instead he slides it until he rests it at the back of his head. The idea of kissing his love seems too tempting right now.


"Siwon....we really shouldnt...." he evades Siwon's advances but the grip remains steely.


"No one is here now." Siwon urges. Considering they might be subjected to serious disciplinary action if caught, just catching a glimpse of Siwon's eyes makes him think otherwise.


"And eomma and appa said hi....." he says.


"Kyu." He says in his deep voice and that immediately shuts him up.


They kiss. It is not one of the countless fiery ones that they have shared in the past. This one is of longing. Kyu knows how much Siwon has suffered in his absence from Changmin. This kiss reflects his emotions like a mirror. 


Kyuhyun realises just how much he misses this man, his touches, his kisses and the gentlest of caresses. He reluctantly pries his lips away from the other's magical hold and urges himself to let go for now. 


Its just Goodbye for now. Next time when they meet, they promise each other to only be stronger, happier, healthier and much better human beings than they ever were.

 

FIN

A/N: Hey guys
Missed me? Have been pretty depressed lately because of my job and some household problems. But I am hanging there! Found this piece gathering dust in my phone. Yes! You heard right! My Laptop is done for and I had to resort to my phone to carry out updates. Kindly have patience because its really really tough to do it through my phone. So please enjoy this fic and send me your love through comments.
Means a lot guys. Have a nice day.