Gotta catch you! Part 1

It is never-ending

Siwon just doesnt get Hyukjae! In fact he doesnt get any of those who dwell within the digital realm for hours together.He was more of an outdoor person.

 

But ever since Augmented Reality took the gaming world by storm, the entire concept of physical activity got a whole new makeover.

 

But Siwon isnt one to fall for temptations because thats what his best friend was doing. "Oh come on Siwon! Cant you see how exciting this is!" Hyukjae whined at his tall built colleague.

 

"No Hyukjae! For the last time I am not gonna start playing Pokemon Go even if my life depended on it! " Siwon said as he grabbed the copy of the document his boss wanted for him to retrieve.

 

"It'll be nice to have some company when I head out after those pokemon everyday. What do you say?" Hyukjae said.

 

"I say I am well comfortable with the company I am employed at so dont even try getting me fired from here!" Siwon shot him down as he made his way to his boss's office.

 

Hyukjae belatedly realises the intentional jab directed at him by his best friend just as Siwon disappears into the office. Until this day, Hyukjae had no idea how the short circuit happened and burnt down almost half of the computers in the control room to a crisp as he was busy capturing a stray Dragonite that was giving him a rather tough time.

 

That fiasco almost got him fired for the ultimate workplace negligence he showcased that night. Siwon emerged from the office shortly after a few minutes and made his way back to his cubicle.

 

"That was an accident. Its not like I caused the fire! Why're you being salty over something that's ancient history?" Hyukjae exclaimed.

 

"First of. You could have used the fire extinguisher nearby or sounded the alarm. And second, it happened last week." Siwon said as he resigned to his system.

 

"Details details. Anyway its almost lunch so I can try convincing you over some yucky corporate food from the cafeteria. Lets go." And that was how step one of Hyukjae's mission commenced.

 

At lunch.....

 

"You see Donghae right there!" Hyukjae pointed at a short stubby male in his early 30s and Siwon looked at him incredulously.

 

"He and I kinda hit it off at the park while we were playing. I was hoping you'd meet someone yourself." Hyukjae scooped up some of his vegetables and emitted a toothy gummy grin while Siwon almost snorted out his smoothy.

 

"This is ridiculous. You're still going on about that! And since when are you so concerned about my love life?" Siwon asked.

 

"Since my best friend didnt care enough to get himself committed in a healthy relationship. Look why dont you come to the park tomorrow with me. You dont even have to play. Just keep me company." Hyukjae asked Siwon. For a second Siwon seemed compliant and it seemed Hyukjae had caught the slight waver in his friend's determined eyes.

 

"When was the last time you and I headed out? You always get couped up either in the office on weekdays or your stuffy apartment on weekends." It looked like Hyukjae struck the right cord when he heard Siwon's sigh.

 

"Alright fine. But I am not playing." Siwon finally relented. Hyukjae practically high fived himself.

 

Next evening.....

 

Siwon was dumbstruck after seeing the people thronging the park just for the sake of capturing pokemon.

 

"Dont these people have household chores to take care of." He questioned mostly himself.

 

Rolling his eyes in response, Hyukjae logged onto his account and started capturing pokemon. In a few minutes, Donghae joined him as well.

 

To Siwon they seemed like a match made in heaven by a virtual game nonetheless. It made him yearn for a companion of his own. Now if anyone would take a look at him and come to know of the fact that he was a single working adult, they would throw a fit.

 

Because Siwon was too handsome to pass. If he tried just a little bit, girls would drop like flies around him. But he was just too introverted. Hyukjae desperately wished for the day when someone would break open the defensive exterior his friend had put up.

 

Just as he had drifted into his own world, Hyukjae hollered from somewhere far. His best friend had walked further away in search of a Pokestop to recharge his supplies.

 

"Hyuk help me capture this Charizard!" Whined Donghae whose puppy dog look melted away any semblance of Hyukjae's determination to capture the Pikachu he was after since the last ten minutes.

 

Without further thought, Hyukjae turned to Siwon to complete his task.

 

"No way am I doing this!" Siwon refused.

 

"Please buddy. I need just this one Pikachu for it to evolve." Hyukjae was basically pleading him kneeling down.

 

" So what. There may be tons of those around here somewhere. Just try and capture another one. I am outta here!" Siwon said and was about to leave when Hyukjae shoved his phone into his hands.

 

"Hey what gives!" Siwon yelled.

 

"Just this one favour buddy. I will do whatever you tell me to do for a week." Hyukjae said.

 

"But I dont even know how to capture it!" Siwon said exasperatedly.

 

"Just throw the ball with your finger like this." Hyukjae demonstrated.

 

"I dunno...." Siwon stalled. Meanwhile time was ticking for Hyukjae and Donghae.

 

"Ok I will do anything you say for a month!" Hyukjae blurted out. By this time he knew he had dug his own grave. Siwon maybe an angel and forgives easily. But he never forgets.

 

"Deal. Remember you asked for it!" Siwon agreed and finally got a hold of his friend's phone to capture the stray Pikachu.

 

The task at hand seemed quite tedious as the Pikachu refused to stay down. Siwon lost count on how many Pokeballs he had wasted in his attempt. He had to admit to himself that this game had his adrenaline coursing through his veins.

 

Finally when he made a turn around a large tree to catch it, the Pikachu fled while he bumped into someone unknowingly. He was in hot pursuit of a Pikachu that he lost track of his surroundings.

 

"Ouch!" The other person wailed.

 

"I am so sorry. I wasnt loo..." As Siwon held his ground, he got a glimpse of the person he had bumped into. Right then, he heard the heavenly harps strumming a beautiful romantic melody. The whole premise was anything but romantic and the idea of a possible romance finally blossoming in Siwon's life seemed ridiculous at the moment because the gorgeous stranger had nothing but outright irritation etched in his face.

 

Yes. To Siwon, no one could compare to the magnificense that was the young man's face. He had a big, glittering pair of eyes, soft auburn hair that swayed in the light breeze, a cute mole under the right eye, a sharp nose and pale, flawless skin that tempted his fingers for a touch.

 

"What are you looking at?" The stranger asked with a scowl. Apparently the young man had a voice to die for as well.

 

"Oh...ummm" but Siwon could only fumble for words. Even though it seemed that he would get an earful from the object of his fascination, Siwon yearned to be graced with that alluring voice over and over again.

 

"Now look what you did! You made me miss my Pikachu! " the stranger yelled at him as he witnessed the cloud of dust that got left behind by the stray Pokemon.

 

" Thanks a lot !" With that the stranger left him in a cloud of dust as well. Just like the Pikachu he was after not too long ago.

 

Well well well.... Looks like he had Hyukjae to thank for introducing him to the game.

 

"Did you catch him?" Hyukjae enquired as he caught up to him after a rough session trying to capture the Charizard.

 

"He got away. But something tells me we'll meet soon!" With that Siwon gave Hyukjae's phone back and walked away.

 


 

A/N: Hey guys...... Sorry for the delay.

 

It seems my laptop isnt co operating with me. So I had to update with the help of my phone. Argh!

 

You have no idea how hard this is!X ( Anyway tell me what you guys think of this. 'Cause Pokemon Go has me hooked these days.

 

So i couldn't help! He he he Its just part 1 of the update.

 

Ill write part 2 as soon as I can!

 

Kindly comment and subscribe. You know how much I love your comments.

 

Enjoy everyone! Have a nice day!